Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 109

Author Topic: Mission 12: The Defense of Hephaestus: Don't taunt the dice.  (Read 212090 times)

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
Re: Mission 12: The Defense of Hephaestus
« Reply #30 on: February 22, 2014, 10:28:11 pm »

Lyra, Team G, Cassowary

Regroup with Feyri and Jim
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 22, 2014, 10:35:05 pm »

Team B "Platypus" medic, Steve Saint

((Hey, Tavik, your text says it's only to Pancaek.  Does that mean you are messaging him on a private channel, or did you just not bother typing in the rest of team Platypus' people?  If the former, just ignore the first part of the message.))

Quote from: From Steve Saint to Team B "Platypus" (Pancaek, Stacy, both Jacks
Jack, would you mind sharing one of those shotguns with me?  I really, really hope I don't have to use it, but having something is better than nothing.

Pancaek, Stacy, what are you equipped with?  You didn't say.

renegadelobster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 23, 2014, 12:10:19 am »

Thaddeus- Team E "Aye-Aye" Grunt

Hiya boss, I have a laser rifle, microwave amp, supersoaker full of cat piss, and a Mk I on. Haven't used any of it yet, just tell me what to shoot at

((Repost with some extra info))
Well, it only hates Linux for now. If we could condition it to hate computer viruses, than hooray! Free, brutal virus protection! Unless you have Linux!

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 23, 2014, 03:36:46 am »

Team B listless layabout with a disproportionately powerful firearm, Stacy Buttle.

Jack, would you mind sharing one of those shotguns with me?  I really, really hope I don't have to use it, but having something is better than nothing.

Quote from: Magnanimous S; to: Stevo
Dear Stevo,

I got me a gun. It shoots things I don like and lotsa things I don care bout. Why you askin bout my gun anyway punk!!!! Thas private business. I aint askin you what yer gun is am I. Dint think so!! The man aint got no right to know what yer gun is where you keep it an who y shoot with it. Yeah!! Fight the power woooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!

Hugs and kisses,
Magnanimous S

Stacy felt that he was getting into the spirit of things rather well, all things considered. Now all it took was to transfer that enthusiasm to shooting things that approach him.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2014, 03:38:56 am by Harry Baldman »

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 23, 2014, 10:07:05 am »

Gorat 'Chin' Ivanos, Team E "Aye-Aye"

Denzel- Team E, "Aye-Aye" Leader

Move out to the team E bunker, wearing my Mk1 and carrying my combi-weapon, monoatomic sword, cutlass, brass knuckles, and extra laser rifle. Drop the extra laser rifle in the bunker for anyone who needs it. Also, in my year-long action, I asked to buy a microwave manipulator, but only if the manipulator would use Uncon, and if it used INT instead, I asked to buy a microwave amp instead. Which one did I buy?

As he moves out, Denzel composes a message to his team and sends it out. "Hello there, team Aye-Aye, or as I'll be calling you guys, team E. As you probably know, I'm Denzel, your team leader. I'm going to need to know what exactly you can do and what you have. If we work together and don't kill each other, we might just make it through this.

This is a repost, just for the record.
"Gorat Ivanos. Microwave amp, Mk II suit, and laser rifle. Also a strange suit with untested button, and voices of former HMRC members in my head, both courtesy of Nyars. Which reminds me, this is a trigger for my shock implant in case I endanger the mission."

Do wear that suit under the MK II. If something hits me in the chest, I'm likely screwed anyway. Report to Denzel, give him the shock trigger.
Spoiler: Gorat 'Chin' Ivanos (click to show/hide)
Direforged Original
Random Raw Scripts - Randomly generated Beasts , Vermin, Hags, Vampires, and Civilizations
Castle Otu

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 23, 2014, 10:18:40 am »

T. glances uncomfortably across at Gorat and shuffles his feet, feeling a sudden itch in his chest.
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 23, 2014, 10:26:39 am »

T. glances uncomfortably across at Gorat and shuffles his feet, feeling a sudden itch in his chest.
"Sorry. I'll try to avoid microwaving you again."
Direforged Original
Random Raw Scripts - Randomly generated Beasts , Vermin, Hags, Vampires, and Civilizations
Castle Otu

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: February 23, 2014, 11:59:53 am »

"He's got something that hasn't been tested before. STOP HIM"

Quote from: Pancaek -> Steve Saint
My weapon of choice is amps. I've got microwave and mass manipulator.

On the subject of your "device". I would very much appreciate it if you held off on using it. ever. Area of effect or not, we don't know what it does exactly, and a giant fucking crater is no good to us. If you feel like you've got no choice but to use it, comm me first.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: February 23, 2014, 12:58:00 pm »

Miyamoto has graciously divided you all up into teams
With all the grace and style of a bureaucratic accountant.

Miyamoto, Team C leader, running to bunker.
Spoiler: Miya quicksheet (click to show/hide)

Miya action: run towards our designated bunker. Check out the new naginata.

Your speech mentioned limiting communications between teams, to keep our channels clear.  However, you are a frontline combatant, AND our senior tactical advisor; I would think it prudent to select someone to be mission control, so that they can listen to all the chatter and filter the important tactical information to you.

Of course I recommend myself, as I'm team Platypus' medic, and we're manning the heaviest defenses- I have very little that I have to do.  But even if you don't want me, I really think you should consider appointing someone to the position.

"A very valid point. however, I didn't pick a specific second-in-command because I consider Steve to be our mission control, and that he'd handle stuff like directing artillery fire or providing intell to the right people. If I really had to choose someone for something like this Simus seems to be in the best position for it, being in the command center already.

But I do like it when people show constructive initiative, so if the other teams don't maintain radio discipline then I'll contact you to help with that."

Right... Miyamoto, do you want a transport on site at bunker C? Or should I just gather up the kid and meet you there?
Miya, while running to his starting position, replied to the question of his teammate:
"Just walk there and take the rest of our squad with you. We don't know where they'll land yet, and we might need the ships for ferrying other teams around."

((Not entirely sure... Xantalos pretty much attached me to a team, do I still come here?))
Yep, you got drafted into team C, so just follow Miya or something to get to your position.
Sean ship snip
Very handy, added to wiki mission page. Or I would, if wikia weren't in maintenance mode right now.

Miyamoto, anywhere in particular you want us to go?
"Not yet, just head to your designated starting position. We'll have to wait and see what the UWM does next before we can respond."

Miya then contacts Milno: "Hey, I need you to post either a sod sniper squad, or maybe a few of your troops, at the upper right bunker. Just so we have something there."
« Last Edit: February 23, 2014, 01:27:13 pm by Radio Controlled »

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Dorsidwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • [INTERSTELLAR]
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: February 23, 2014, 01:21:46 pm »

Dern, team E

You need things punch, boss? I punch with mighty fist. Can also shoot things with giant kapow slugger if punch not suited.

Follow team leader, making fisticuff motons.
Quote from: Rodney Ootkins
Everything is going to be alright

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: February 23, 2014, 01:22:34 pm »

Go find 'Team C' and join them as I am the lonely post-human unpicked for the teams.
Fixed.

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: February 23, 2014, 01:30:11 pm »

"Roger that Miyamoto, we're on our way."
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: February 23, 2014, 01:38:55 pm »

Team B "Platypus" Medic, Steve Saint

Quote from: From Steve Saint to Pancaek Nilys
I do not intend to use the device, and in fact agree that it should be treated similarly to a nuclear weapon.  The only conceivable scenario that it might be useful for is if enemies manage to overrun and take control of this bunker- a crater is far better than a fortified enemy position directly adjacent to all of our most valuable emplacements.

My intent was only to inform you fully of the resources at our disposal.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: February 23, 2014, 02:19:41 pm »

Go find Anglerfish team and get ready to KICK SOME MOTHERBLEEPING ARSE.
"Hi, who are you?"
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: February 23, 2014, 03:44:51 pm »

Denzel Gaunt- Team E Leader

"Ok then, this seems like a fairly good variety of people and weapons. So then, two things. Teal, you need to put your nukes somewhere. I know you can kick them, but I would rather that we find a good stash point for them to help us out while not blowing us up as well. Also, we need to figure out how we want to use the mustard gas pillar. I know it'll make good cover from visibility, and I think it'll stop gauss rifle fire, but we need to figure out if we want use it or not. Also, I've left a spare laser rifle in the bunker in case anyone needs it.
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 109