Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 109

Author Topic: Mission 12: The Defense of Hephaestus: Don't taunt the dice.  (Read 212182 times)

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
Re: Mission 12: The Defense of Hephaestus
« Reply #135 on: February 26, 2014, 04:17:57 pm »

((Edited my action a bit again, to both not hog grenades and also ensure the Sods have orders.))
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #136 on: February 26, 2014, 04:37:42 pm »

"Sir! Permission to assist friendlies?"
"Permission granted, old fart. Hope you forgot that 'make love not war' bullshit you had going last time I saw you in action."
" 'Old fart'? Now that's not very respectful, young man. I think you and me should have a little talk once the battle is over." said Flint with a clearly joking tone. "And by 'talk' I mean review our camera footage to find our killcount. Then we'll see who's old."

"Anyway, I have a problem with killing humans."
"Sods aren't humans."
he said that last sentence with a malicious grin that couldn't be seen but could be heard in his voice.
They're monsters. Robots made of flesh. Without a soul, no ability to think. Unnatural animals. And they're about to meet one of the best gunslingers and monsterhunters around these parts.

Now, let's reenact some of my best scenes. Always wanted to do some work with a live audience.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2014, 04:52:11 pm by Parisbre56 »

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: February 26, 2014, 04:38:53 pm »

((Edited action to check dust with visual filters and shrink space magic effect.))
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: February 26, 2014, 05:47:13 pm »

Team G Cassowary, Sorcerous Berserker Faith

Faith cocked her head slightly. Forgot to fire weapons...?

Well, that'd be a new problem for the HMRC, or she supposed ARM now, at least.

Examine current surroundings, remember where we are in relation to the battle. Spread out a bit from allies, but stay in cover.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #139 on: February 26, 2014, 06:05:57 pm »

So...I don't really have a whole lot of time this morning because of the forum fuckery that I assumed was happening to everyone and not just me. So We're going quick.

TEAM A

TEAM A
"Steve do you have that solution for the mining laser?"if available grab solution otherwise haul ass to designated position after collecting weapon from simus
I'll be frank, no idea what you're talking about. But you're in team a which means you're safe underground for now. Send me a pm about this and we'll work it out so you don't have to waste any more turns on it.

Team A; "Ostrich" - Charles, Team A Second-in-Command - Hephaestus HQ Chokepoint 2

Charles would have sighed if it were not for the fact that he could breath no longer, looks like he still had some more time on his hands. He begins estimating the likely paths and breaching methods, not only along the corridor but through the wall and whatnot if feasible for the attackers, he begins adjusting his imaginary firing sequence, altering it to predict movements and reactions, aiming to plan out an efficient solution to disrupt enemy firing and amp/manipulator usage by casting ambiguity upon his position with his firing yet still limiting their path. [Continue charging CON Dynamic]

Spoiler: Charles Quicksheet (click to show/hide)

BONUS ONLY CHARGE TO DYNAMIC +1 NOW. IT WAS TOO OP OTHERWISE.

Also, reasonably I suppose they could dig through the stone using cutting lasers and lots of time but they're not gonna. Not unless you collapse the tunnel or give them a really damn good reason to.

TEAM B

Jack Hansan, Team B, ThunderTron pilot.

Fire any onboard weapons at any visible enemy troops if possible.

Stacy, Team B Platypus

"And it's-a five, six, seven, open up the pearly gates! Well, there ain't no time to wonder why, whoopee, we're all gonna die!"

Use HEP to shootify, burn and possibly mutilate advancing enemies. Preferably the sods. Try to get as many as possible.

Pancaek - Team B leader -Bunker B

"it's a battlesuit"
"I know"
"Well do something already, you useless hunk of metal!"

Pancaek opens comms to his Team

"Allright, I see about a dozen sods and a single close range battlesuit. Now, I'm not big on tactics, but something tells me if that battlesuit gets through and starts fucking up our bunker, this shit is going to go Fubar real soon. So here's the plan: Steve, stay in cover and keep looking around to see if I missed any hostiles. Clunkbot and others , shoot the incoming sods. I'm not sure wether or not clunkbot's weapon can get through battlesuit armor, but I'll be taking a shot at thing myself anyway, so just focus on the sods right now. Remember, right now they've only got these small slits to shoot us through, so don't linger and give them more oppertunity than you need to.

Quote from: Pancaek -> Miyamoto
We've got contact, around a dozen sods and one battlesuit with a sword and a shield. I'm tackling the battlesuit and having the guys get the sods. Any chance I'm getting some fire support?

Stay in cover, just using the finger to look around. Heat up a one foot sphere in the center of the battelsuit where the pilot would be, by about 150 degrees. If this does not work the first time, try again.  If somehow the battlesuit gets destroyed before I get to attack it, heat 1 foot sphere in center mass of sods, one by one.

Jack Catar-Team B
"Sounds like a plan.  I'm glad we have some heavy weapons, because I'm not equipped for that.  Firing at sods.
Open fire on the sods.

Team B "Platypus" Medic, Steve Saint

Dynamic AUX bonus: +/-2

Finish work on that HUD thing for my teammates, and activate it.  Package it with my movement recording software. If I can, highlight the cockpit area of the battlesuit for Pancaek, and highlight targets for the others in such a way that they don't waste shots shooting the same people.  Also, search for targets that my team can't see, and highlight them.

Obviously, stay in cover, away from the bullet slits.

"HUD's live!  Light 'em up!

Pancaek!  Whole thing, twenty degrees, five seconds.

Jack con:4+1
Stacy con:2+1
Pancaek exo:4+1+1 decom 5
Knight Con:3+1
Steve aux: 5+1+1-1
Artillery cannon: 3

Don't have time to give this a nice description but it should go without saying that the combined fire of everyone in the bunker along with pancaek heating the battlesuit and the artillery cannon landing a freaking massive shell...pretty close to where it was supposed to be completely destroys this group of sods.

Oh and Syv's attempts to make heads up displays in battle leave your HUD's all screwy and overblown because of overshoots (Dynamics only go to +1)  But it's not a big deal, you can just lift the faceplate and look out through the visor. 

Good job for now.

TEAM C

Skylar, Team C, Support (( derp, sorry about forgetting this. Clearly I should add it to my sig for the duration, so I can't possibly forget :P ))

Defend the squad from further fire. Stay prepared for defense if no more fire is incoming.

Be prepared to dodge out of the way if Miyamoto moves.

(( PW: Can we assume that I know about the active defense component of the MK III, courtesy a year of downtime? ))
(sure, but you have to activate it, and it drains fuel)

Defend them in what way? See, I ask because you've got a microwave amp as your weapon so that could mean anything from attempting to melt the bullets before the reach the bunker or killing the attackers or conjuring a wall of flame to hide the bunker while people escape etc.

Team C

Grumble with that special irritation that happens when you can't think of any justification for it.

Drop the extra laser rifle in the bunker for anyone who needs it.
Retroactively have grabbed this.

Assume that I stayed in the bunker and laid low as Mr. Miya requested.

Request orders as follows:

"MISTER MI-MOTO! WHAT DO I DO?"
If he doesn't respond or responds with the obvious orders, begin shooting sods.
You've got your laser, you've got your laser. Just roll with it. Does Miyamoto respond...Does not appear so. So shooting.

((@ pw: I'm pretty sure we didn't open fire yet because we all though the enemy was much farther away. You never really gave an indication they were that close already, I personally thought we'd have at least one turn before they were in firing range. Had you told us they were pretty much in spitting distance from the start, I'm sure we'd all have opened fire immediately. I mean, going from
>The first troops are on the ground.  Concentrated near Teams C, D and B, outside our frontlines
The area around the base, the cradles and the bunkers has become a swirling mess of dust and smoke from the impacts of debris, and the men stationed in the bunkers can see little but vague shapes moving beyond them.
I thought they were still quite far away. It's only this turn you started to give any actual numbers indicating how far away they were. 30 to 40 feet (= 9 to 12 meter) is really really close for drop pods/shuttles to land troops, from your descriptions I though the enemy was something like 330 feet (= 100 meter) away at least.

Oh well, nothing to do but to continue now I guess. Still, it's sad to lose good soldiers (4 out of 25, or about 16% of our light sods. Not a great loss, but a waste nonetheless) due to a misunderstanding between gm and players. I'd ask you to reset to the previous turn to make up for the misunderstanding, if not for the fact that writing that turn must've taken ages. And I guess retconning those sods back to life wouldn't be acceptable?))

Miyamoto, Team C leader, shooting sods.
Spoiler: cheatsheet (click to show/hide)

Shoot with Piezoelectric shard launcher at the gauss cannon sod, sweep heavy laser in an arc at the regular sods if the gauss cannon one is dead, if not hit him with the laser as well. Our own sods also open fire, focus on the gauss cannon trooper if Miya doesn't manage to kill him, otherwise pick targets of opportunity (btw, Miya has a dynamic con bonus from previous turn, and shouldn't get a penalty for dual wielding if my previous research is correct).

Send one imaging drone towards where that thing crashed in the north.
Let Steve take over the two big artillery guns and let him pick targets at will and fire (or do you want us to pick out what to shoot at every turn?)

Coming next turn: (Remind me if there's shit in transit I forgot)

Artillery strikes landing Near Bunker B and D
Sniper squads arriving near Team C bunker
Artillery Guns moving to Bunker B and D
1 sniper squad should be going to bunker 2, another sniper squad should be going towards a tower near bunker 1
(steve can fire but keep in mind theres a reload time)

Alright

Miya con:1+1..I feel like you should have more bonuses but I don't see any...
Grate con:3
sods:4

So Miya misses, embarrassingly. Catches a few standard gauss rounds in the process but doesn't care in the least. Grate sort of wounds a few people, but the sods, the two functional ones left being the heavy weapons user and a grenadier, unload onto a Frag grenade and a rocket straight into the sod in the exoskeleton and his cronies. The cannon user is dead, and there's maybe 3 functional sods left shooting at you guys. Luckily, like I said earlier, all the rolls managed to target Miya so...bad aim but good tanking skills buddy.

TEAM D

((Dooops.  Didn't change anything really.))

Brother Lars - Team D Leader

Lars begins yelling into the coms.  "FIRE!  For yea, the glorious gods of the Pantheon surely are smiling down upon us.  Praise Ingram, for his glory shall flow out through your weapons!  Sing praises to him with bullet and laser!  May Algis shield us all, and let Steve's light shine everywhere!"

FIRE!  Start shooting targets, starting with the most dangerous looking ones (IE that exoskeleton).  Sods are to engage at will.

Also grab the rocket launcher IF Dubley can't handle it with his one arm.  Otherwise, grab the grenades from the grenadier. the EMP and one smoke grenade.  The remaining Sods can get the rest as they have the chance.

Dubley- Team D "Marabou"

Ow fuck. Oh wait, I'm a robot. MALFUNCTION DETECTED.
Shoot the leader sod with the numbgun (1337, dynamic bonus). Dive and roll, while holstering the gun. Grab the dead heavy weapon sod's rocket launcher.

Felix Grant, Team D "Marabou" - Inside Bunker Five

If the arrival of the artillery shell is dangerous to those inside the bunker, Felix ducks into the tunnel connecting the bunker to the base. (The bunkers have those, right?) Otherwise, he uses his amp to freeze a 30cm sphere centered on that Cutting Laser Sod's head.

Team D - squad comamnder brother Lars

Spoiler: OOC (click to show/hide)

Quote from: from the on ship thread: if I'm not at the D rally point do this
Angel conducted a last check of his weapons and donned his suit, he probably should feel excited or nervous or something a part of him mused but the flickers of personality stirred by the shock of reawakening seemed to be quietening down again, still time was wasting and there were UWM to kill, time to get on station.

Quote from:  > Brother Lars

Squad Commander Lars!
    MGAXT-85674/FR Reporting In.
    Ready to engage

Head for Team D Rally Point and start looking for useful vantage points with a decent amount of cover
Quote from:  Angel Loadout

Laser Rifle + 1 spare battery
    Monofilament Razor
    Mk1 Suit
    towel

Otherwise if I am at the D rally point get to cover from the incoming shell send the following message to Brother Lars

Quote from: >Brother Lars
Squad-Commander Lars, do we have a fallback point if this location proves untenable or are we to die in place?

Keep head down, after detonation check for injury/suit breach and start aiming at nearest incoming hostile

Lars con:3+2
Dubley con:4
Felix exo:4+1
Angel (I'm just gonna have you shoot too) Con:5

Yeah, that plus the shell is good enough  to kill them all. Weren't many anyways. Consider your current sod problem wiped out for the moment. Though,remember that half their group split off and headed north east before you started firing.

TEAM E

Team E
Teal nods, nudges Gorat with his elbow, and trots off to Bury a satchel charge in the field to the right side of the mustard gas pillar.
((And cool. Molotov cocktail is great. thanks.))

Hearing the sounds of gunfire, Teal suddenly has a thought.
He points at the mustard gas pillar as thought to say "What's to stop suited people just walking through it?"?
Ok, consider it buried. It's not gonna be THAT powerful though. It's just a normal bomb.

Gorat 'Chin' Ivanos, Team E "Aye-Aye"

Have the laser rifle trained on any incoming hostile. Use it to concentrate on such hostiles for amp-targeting. The most dangerous-looking hostile gets a 1-foot sphere of heat planted into the center of mass/presumed cockpit/other probable command structure.

Spoiler: Gorat 'Chin' Ivanos (click to show/hide)

Thaddeus-Team E "Aye-Aye" Grunt

If any enemies come within medium or short range, fire with laser rifle. If nothing yet, keep charging that CON bonus.

Denzel Gaunt- Team E Leader

"Cover the ship. High danger targets first."

Cover the ship with my laser, and order the sods to cover the ship as well, shooting any threats that they can see. Priority goes to heavy weapons and armor first. Should my teammates or the sods fail in taking out a piece of heavy armor, target it with a ten centimeter sphere of heat from my manipulator aimed at the cockpit. Unless it's an Avatar of War, in which case target a weapon.

Ok, for the sake of time lets do this.

Those things coming to you? It's a pair of battle suits and about a dozen sods. We'll assume they just walk out of the dust this time and see you. (I'm basically postponing this fight till I have more time, next turn.)

TEAM F

Team F

Quote from: To Team F
I will knock the hostiles over when they're in range. Neutralize them afterward.

Use Mass Manipulator Amp to send out a pulse of sufficient strength to knock hostiles on their asses once they come into view.

TEAM F
Prepare for shootin idiots on their asses. Conserve ammo!

Auron, team F.

Check dust cloud with thermal and echolocation visual filters.

Remain in cover as much as possible, utilise my charged brainpower to heat up a one foot sphere within the enemy leaders chest cavity.

Kinda hoping for an overload... but doubt im gonna get one with my +1 uncon and dynamic bonus.
Team F: Blobfish

"Weapons free, fire at will. Pick your shots carefully."

Address one of the Sods.

"Scenario, incoming Battlesuit. You are armed with a gauss rifle and laser rifle. List locations where a hit will do the most damage."

If Xan's plan fails, create a fast moving blade of force 5mm thick, and twelve meters across directly in front of the bunker with the intent of slicing the incoming force in half at the waist. If the force is not visible, charge brain for that action.
TEAM F, BLOBFISH:
"I'm going to prematurely detonate any explosives I see. Or just shoot shit."
Dominika gets into position to fire at anything that gets within range of her laser rifle. Beforehand, though, she tries to fry anything explosive-looking in the enemy forces via microwave, otherwise... brain-charging?

Ahhh, same as the above team, we'll say they just walked out of the dust this turn. About a dozen sods. Two in exo suits. One with cutting laser, another with gauss cannon.

TEAM G

Anton Chernozorov, Team G "Cassowary", engineer

"I have a suspicion that our help might be needed a lot quicker than we anticipated."

Monitor the fighting through the feeds of various imaging drones we have around. If we don't have any immediately above the incoming enemies, launch a mapping drone in that direction and see if its sensors can allow me to get a better idea of the numbers and composition of the enemy force.
Gonna assume this is handled because I just revealed them. Oh, but there are more coming. Oh and you can see a group of sods and a battle suit moving into the shipyard.

Team G "Cassowary" (Reserve) - Milno "Honey Badger" Enedrasi - Leader

"Permission granted, old fart. Hope you forgot that 'make love not war' bullshit you had going last time I saw you in action."

To the rest of Team G: "Men, women and assorted freaks, it seems our pals forgot how their weapons work. We're getting into action now. I'm moving to check on Team E's situation so I'll leave you with orders until I come back. Spread out a bit so an area attack doesn't take all of you in one go, but still stick to cover and fire at any hostiles when you get the opportunity to."

"Jim, the emotional old-timer in that battlesuit may need help if he can't get things done alone; otherwise, team F's position isn't too far away in case shit hits their fan even harder."

Check if the motion sensor is any good with all the dust flying around - turn it off in case it isn't. Fly and take position atop the Sword or any nearby cradle in order to get a rough idea of Team E's situation.
[6] Well you manage not to get shot out of the sky. This time.

You get up on top of the cage and see that Team E is in a rather bad position of having two Battle suits coming down on it.

Team G Cassowary, Sorcerous Berserker Faith

Faith cocked her head slightly. Forgot to fire weapons...?

Well, that'd be a new problem for the HMRC, or she supposed ARM now, at least.

Examine current surroundings, remember where we are in relation to the battle. Spread out a bit from allies, but stay in cover.
You're in a park in about the center of the map, apparently being used as backup forces to be deployed where needed.

Jim, Team G

Jim looks for better cover than a tree for himself and Lyra, unless Milno asks him to do something. Then I'll probably strikethrough this and figure out what to do instead.

You're gonna hide behind the memorial statue then.

Lyra, Team G

Be carried around by Jim, prep Microwave Amp for later use.

Ok. Only +1 though.

Flint Westwood - Team G (Support)

"Why aren't they firing?" muttered Flint as he watched the first stages of the battle unfold.

Could I get on top of the sword and still be in range of the battlesuit? If yes, then can we assume I did that last turn? Because I'd prefer to be at a vantage point. Plus, I think the sword lacks cover from the South side and I could help keep an eye on that side.

Keep an eye out for anything dangerous that should be reported. If such thing is spotted, report it.

If I'm in range of the battlesuit, fire. If I'm not, close in until I am in range and then fire. Rainbow Cannon, Red Mode, a sweep from left to right, trying to hit as many enemies as possible.

If the battlesuit gets taken care of before I need to fire, get in range of the big thing that landed up North, switch the Rainbow Cannon to Orange Mode and fire.

If that big thing in the North gets taken care of or remains inert for the moment, just go help the team that needs it the most. Use both Industrial Mining Laser and Rainbow Cannon in Blue,Green and Yellow modes, as the situation demands (to maximize damage against enemies while minimizing the chance of accidentally hitting allies and the amount of energy wasted). Also be sure to keep an eye on the battlesuit's energy levels. If it starts getting low, stop using the Rainbow Cannon and just use the Mining Laser.

Inform Team Leader (Milno) of what I'm about to do. If Team Leader objects, do not do the action with which the team leader objects. Instead stay in the South side of the Sword and watch for big juicy targets to snipe with Red mode.

Can I get a description of the Violet Mode? I assume I would have tested it sometime during the timeskip. It's the only mode I don't have a description of and I would like to know if it could be useful in this situation.

Do not accept any HUD updates unless they are checked and cleared by Steve. Everybody knows Alpha releases are buggy and I wouldn't want my battlesuit shutting down in the middle of combat.

((Sorry for the long action. Don't know what the distances are, what I can see, etc. and it's not possible for us to get a detailed map so I can't know exactly what's going on. Hence the use of many conditional actions. Trying to avoid what happened last turn.))

((I still think there's potential for miscommunication, but I'll stop editing this post now for the sake of not making it huge.))

This is really not a good time for something this big....
Fuck

1.That would kinda defeat all these other actions wouldn't it? But you could.
2.I'm just gonna have you head out towards the team that has two battle suits charging towards it. Assume you'll get there in time to act.
3. It fires a shot that can be charged.

Ok, superfast now.

Those sod sniper teams get where they're supposed to be, so start using them if you want them to shoot.

In the north, there are things rising from the wreckage of the fallen large transport ship (which is what that was). They look like MKIII troopers.

More troops can be seen moving toward The aurora from the east, toward B team, and C team. It looks like sods, but a few appear to be in exoskeletons.

The mobile artillery is in position to be used.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: February 26, 2014, 06:14:19 pm »

Xan - Team F

Use my Mass Manipulator Amp to twist the gauss cannon Sod's head 720 degrees, hopefully popping his head off.

Sods! Concentrate fire on the Sods equipped with exoskeletons! Once both of them are dead, focus fire on the rest of them!
« Last Edit: February 26, 2014, 11:19:10 pm by Xantalos »
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: February 26, 2014, 06:20:59 pm »

Team F

((Ah. That'll teach me to say '1/8kt', instead of 'satchel charge'. But it's pretty darn cool that I had a satchel charge on me.))

Keep in cover, shoot whatever comes closest.
[standing action] = If a battlesuit treads close enough to the satchel charge for a damaging/disabling strike, blow it.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2014, 10:18:00 am by Tack »
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

smurfingtonthethird

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: February 26, 2014, 06:26:11 pm »

TEAM F
Shoot unarmored hostiles if on ass, unless Xan duffs up in which case shoot the unarmoured Sods.

« Last Edit: February 26, 2014, 06:29:38 pm by smurfingtonthethird »
RIP Moot ;-;7 Sigtext!

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: February 26, 2014, 06:31:45 pm »

Dubley - Team D

Pick up my arm. Try to reconnect all the wires then duct tape it in place. Duct tape the civic defenders's sleeve back in place too.

Loot the dead teammate sods.
-1 rocket launcher (with 2 frag, 2 shaped charge, and 2 homing rockets),
-1 gauss rifle (with 10 ordinary shots, 1 redshot, one AP),
-1 hand laser,
-2 frag grenades, 2 smoke grenades, 1 EMP grenade, 
-2 metal batons

If any teammates ask for supplies or rudely grab it out of my hand then give it to them.

Cry a single tear for the loot left behind. Then follow Lars. Hopefully with my arm reattached. Fire a 13 at any enemies if they are visible.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2014, 03:20:18 pm by NAV »
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #144 on: February 26, 2014, 06:36:09 pm »

Flint Westwood - Helping Team E - Team G

TL;DR: Shoot enemies near E. Shoot other important enemies if E doesn't need help.

Fire a sweep of Red from maximum safe distance (to give myself time to recharge). Try to get both battlesuits and as many enemies as possible. The battlesuit with the most dangerous ranged attack is the priority (again, to give me time to recharge). Hope I don't overshoot.

If it would take a really long time for me to be able to move again after firing the Red (wasn't very clear on how long the recharge time was), shoot the most dangerous looking with a powerful Violet and then the other one if I have enough energy left.

If they kill the battlesuits before I'm needed, find another target to shoot with appropriate mode (Red for groups of heavy targets, (Violet or Green or Blue or Yellow as appropriate) + Mining Laser for other targets). Doesn't have to be near E team. Just check to see if there are any places that have been left unprotected/flanked and I could help by going there and shooting stuff and do that.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2014, 10:49:49 pm by Parisbre56 »

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: February 26, 2014, 06:42:20 pm »

Auron, team F.

Use precharged brain power to heat the laser exosuits pilots brain by a few degrees. (Enough to cause brain damage and induce a coma but not enough to kill him.)

((Id like to ask that nobody on team F attempt to purposely kill the exosuit pilots and merely cripple them instead. Piecewise has stated that i can attempt to bypass the lifelocks on their gear and id like to try my hand at it.))
« Last Edit: February 26, 2014, 11:07:33 pm by Unholy_Pariah »
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: February 26, 2014, 06:44:02 pm »

Pancaek - team B - Bunker B

"Allright, good going everyone, seems like we got them all in one fell swoop. Good job."

He turns towards Steve, faceplate blank as always.

"Except for you, Mister Saint. What the frak are you doing, frakking with our HUDs in the middle of a firefight? And what's with the command shouting, huh? Now, I'll overlook the HUD thing, because Algis remembers I still remember the cat screen-saver from when I tried messing with mine, but tone it down a bit back there and just keep following orders, would you? I fully intend for all of us to get through this alive. And don't worry, I've been doing this amp thing for some time now, so while your advice is appreciated, it's not vital.

Now, hustle up, seems like we've got contact east."

"How diplomatic. What, you suddenly grow a heart?"
"Shut it, just gotta keep everyone in line so we can get out of here alive."

Shuffle over to the slits on the east side of the bunker, keep looking with just the fingertip to minimize silhouette. Target the exoskeleton sods first, especially ones with cutting lasers. Heat one foot spheres by 150 degrees in their center mass.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2014, 06:53:14 pm by Pancaek »

Tavik Toth

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh dear....
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: February 26, 2014, 06:54:27 pm »

Team B

fire at the most dangerous enemies with weapons.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2014, 12:12:24 pm by Tavik Toth »

swordsmith04

• Bay Watcher
  • Communist Gnome
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: February 26, 2014, 06:58:39 pm »

Felix Grant, Team D "Marabou" - Inside Bunker Five

Follow Lars out of the door, after the group that split off. If we catch sight of them, fire Gauss rifle at one of the Sods (unless there's a battlesuit or exosuit Sod in the group, in which case use the 30cm frozen sphere on the cockpit/head like last time).
« Last Edit: February 26, 2014, 10:59:58 pm by swordsmith04 »

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: February 26, 2014, 07:11:07 pm »

Team F: Blobfish

"Focus fire on those Exosuits! Amps, call your targets so we don't waste brainpower! I got the Sods to the left!"

Focusing on the Sods to the left, create a thin wire of force at about chest height, and shove it back into the Sods with enough force to (hopefully) cut them in half.

((Sorry Auron, no-can do. After we put them down, you can go see if the stuff is still functional, but I'm not gonna be merciful here.))
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 109