Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 109

Author Topic: Mission 12: The Defense of Hephaestus: Don't taunt the dice.  (Read 212080 times)

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
Re: Mission 12: The Defense of Hephaestus: Don't taunt the dice.
« Reply #375 on: March 05, 2014, 07:56:50 pm »

Auron, team F.

If there was a difference between the crippled battlesuit and the melee battlesuit i just disabled:
Run over and pull the cockpit release, drag the pilot out and attempt to tap into his biosensors.
If successful attempt to clone any signals being transmitted and begin broadcasting them from my suit.

If the active melee suit was actually the crippled suit:
Assess damage to battlesuit, see if it is possibly repairable or if any parts are salvageable.

((Also last turn i was mean to grab smurfs head and any surviving gear, did anything survive his death?))
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #376 on: March 05, 2014, 08:42:34 pm »

Team F
Under her breath, Dominika cursed like a sailor. It went from suicide mission to suicide mission.
Look for a fire extinguisher to put Xan out.

Alarith

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #377 on: March 05, 2014, 09:22:19 pm »

Jack Catar-Team B
Is bunker 4 still fine?  If not, try to make some barricades.
That's why you should always wear a seatbelt kids! You never know when a telekinetic assassin is going to cause your car to crash! Safety first!

Corsair

• Bay Watcher
  • New Zeland giveth, New Zeland taketh away
    • View Profile
« Reply #378 on: March 06, 2014, 01:49:00 am »

Team A
begin mopping protocols as necessary
So it was like a binary search, except the question is "Has the input been brutally murdered?", and it only ever returns True.

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #379 on: March 06, 2014, 02:28:37 am »

TEAM B

Thomas goes to help ferry in the wounded, then takes a position near the shipyards, once again, preferably in a location allowing for vision.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #380 on: March 06, 2014, 03:08:53 am »

Anton Chernozorov, Team G(oddammit) "Cassowary" engineer/pilot

"Well, that went a lot worse than it should have, and marginally better than it could have."

"Steve, am I right in assuming they'll now try to burn off our defenses and attack from a distance? They're unlikely to send another ground assault, now that they saw we have ships. I'm assuming incoming bombs and missiles we could handle, but kinetic and laser bombardment would be a big problem. If some kind of artillery cruiser decides to blow a hole in our base, how much forewarning would we have, optimistically? Enough for the Black Death to take a shot at them or not, assuming it's kept on hot take-off?"

Scan the surroundings for enemies. Leave Tweedledee and Tweedledum in Steve's control, to be used as transports for the dead and wounded. Land the Party Wagon on a clear spot of land near the western border, keep it on hot take-off. Examine the layout of the base to see if it's possible to relocate the Black Death somewhere it'd be safer from a sudden orbital strike.
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #381 on: March 06, 2014, 10:25:01 am »

TEAM A

Team A
begin mopping protocols as necessary

You yell "CUT OUT THAT RACKET!" while hitting the ceiling with a broom and then go back to drinking. Considering simus has sealed the building, theres not much else you can do.

TEAM B

((Well, I mostly didn't try to shoot because I shouldn't have been able to, given the one minute cooldown on the HEP. But hey, whatever floats your boat.))

Stacy, Team B Platypus

Check if Steve's corpse had a gun on it, or any other goods. Steal EVERYTHING that isn't destroyed. Especially the fellow's head. Can't leave any of that here, can I?

Do this now! Steal! Also steal whatever other guns still work and can be found unattended in the area. Maybe that one minute cooldown is a bit inconvenient, you know?

Once at least 5 minutes are spent stealing, deliver Steve's head to the Paracelsus' Sword for stasis storage/revival/stuffing and mounting. Rush all quick-like.

Trade any loot I find in the Armory for tokens - if I have three, get a Microwave Field Manipulator. If not, sell Steve's possibly unused Emergency Kit to pay for it. It is time to challenge the curse once more!

Stacy feels eager to try the manipulator - after all, even when things went disastrously wrong, he usually did slay at least some enemies in the process! And in a war, was it not most important to inflict maximum casualties on both sides so nobody feels like fighting anymore?
Yeah, getting a MFM seems reasonable. Consider yourself kitted out.

Team B

"I...think the team leader is either dead or unconscious. I'll quickly check."

Check if Panceak is alive/conscious. Then try to get as much of the ThunderTron working as possible.
[aux:5]
You get thundertron rebooted and functional again, but it's still missing legs, so moving is gonna be a problem.

Pancaek is fine. He's a robot. shots to the stomach aren't too bad for him.

Jack Catar-Team B
Is bunker 4 still fine?  If not, try to make some barricades.
You start creating ad hoc barricades with some large pieces of debris.

TEAM B

Thomas goes to help ferry in the wounded, then takes a position near the shipyards, once again, preferably in a location allowing for vision.

You  know, you could just take up position on the top of the sword.

TEAM C

Team C, Skylar, Support

Recover the dead and wounded in the west. Once they're all back in the Sword, help fix the least wounded.
You, like lots of other people, start dragging the dead back to the ship.

Team C; Near West

As I am not a medic, and I have neither a Mark Three nor sufficient upper body strength to drag anyone, just...um...if there's nothing important I can fix, I guess see if I can scavenge anything of value from people, double-check that all the sods are dead, that kind of thing. If there are important things I can fix, fix those instead. Rendezvous with the rest of Team C before the next wave gets here.
Ahhhh what could a grate do...We'll say you scavenge the explosives from the bodies of the dead sods. Those might be useful.  Then you meet up with Team C!

Miyamoto, team C lead, exasperated

Help with evacuating dead and wounded to Sword. If already enough people are doing that, use rubble and debris from bunker and whatever's lying around to construct a makeshift barricade south of the laser battery, just to ensure they'll have some cover.
Also do this for the west around F4 or D4 or something.

UPDATED TEAMS

Basically merged teams B and F and D and E with each other. Check wiki.

New team B has new objective: defend southern side of base, but the laser battery, airfield and artillery still has priority. Be sure to station a picket at the battery itself to prevent them getting flanked.
New team D has new objective: defend western side of base. This includes the Sword's cradle (the Doc will defend it if enemies get in close, but against howitzer battlesuits and the like we still need to do it ourselves).

C still has north. And A will just have to fend for themselves if they come under attack, though we have Steve bots, ships and snipers to help us.

Also, remember that these 2 teams might seem big, but there are several people not posting, and some of them might be too wounded to be combat-ready. And we lost most our sods already  :(
You build some nice rubble barricades. Yay rubble!

TEAM D

Gorat 'Chin' Ivanos, Team Everything's in ruins "Aye-Aye" Team D "Marabou"

"What."

Get unstuck from time. Help with whatever cleanup and corpse-gathering is necessary, possible, and/or ordered. Then take my place with my new team.

Spoiler: Gorat 'Chin' Ivanos (click to show/hide)
We'll say you help with various things- barricades and corpse dragging- and then get back with the team you're supposed to be with.

Thaddeus Former Team E "Aye-Aye", Now Team D "Marabou" Grunt

Return to remains of bunker 6. Help with whatever clean up and corpse gathering is needed. Then loot any dead sod equipment Thaddeus can use(Laser rifle batteries, 'nades, Gauss rifle/ammo, rocket launcher/ammo). When done, head over to sector D4

Radio to one of the near medics: So, someone want to look me over? I think I might be slightly injured, this MKI isn't doing me any favors

((@ PW: Are any of the enemy battlesuits immediately useable and not messed up too badly? Preferably not the melee ones))   

((Edited post))
We'll say you grab several gauss and laser magazines and a few grenades. As per injuries; if you've got all your limbs and most of your organs and at least 50% of your blood, you're fine by our standards.

Felix Grant, Team D "Marabou" Leader - Tunnel under Bunker Five

Felix doesn't get very far before Miyamoto informs him of his new position. With the radio and speaker off, he giggles a bit, although whether that's from blood loss or amusement is hard to say.

Private message to 'Dark Angel', Denzel, Thaddeus, Gorat, and Dern Hernau, hereafter Team D:
"I am the new leader of Team D. Miyamoto has placed you all under my command. We're to defend the Sword from the west. I may or may not be present personally, depending on the severity of my injuries. As far as I'm aware, most of you are either recruits like myself, or veterans who declined a leading role. In the event I am incapacitated or unable to give commands, 'Dark Angel' will become the new acting leader. Rally in Sector D4."

Test my right leg. Can it hold my weight? If not, lean on the grenadier Sod. The support Sod will carry Maurice to the Sword's infirmary.
If I can walk on my own, I'll head to the makeshift cover Miyamoto made west of the Sword.
If I can't, go to the Sword's infirmary, as well.

All Sods assigned to Team D head for the rally point, after delivering any seriously wounded or dead in their sight to the Sword's infirmary.

((Well. I wasn't expecting to be put in charge of a combined team. I'll roll with it, though.))
You limp over to the new barricades that Miyamoto set up, your few remaining sods in tow.

Denzel Gaunt- Team D

"Fine by me for the leadership change-  I'm missing and arm, a leg, and my head at the moment, so I'm out of action for the moment, though I will try to get myself repaired. I'm trying to take stock of out situation out here at the moment, but pick up us wounded/dead at your convenience. We could use the help."

Collect any sods and gear that we can salvage, and get back to the Sword asap to get repaired.
We'll say you manage to get some field repairs from infirmary nurses that are on site. You salvage some ammo and explosives from the bodies.

TEAM F

Xan - Team FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFIIIIRE - On Fire

FFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUCCCCK SODS EXTINGUISH THE FLAME EXTINGUISH THE FUCKING FLAME AAAAAAAAAAAA

Stop drop and roll! Try to cool down the flames enough that they extinguish! Do so very carefully!
Try to get to the infirmary!

((See, this is why I want a decomp. Nearly every roll I've gotten has been an 8.))

You manage to put yourself out but you've lost half your biomass. You're a rather crispy dragon, ironically.

Auron, team F.

If there was a difference between the crippled battlesuit and the melee battlesuit i just disabled:
Run over and pull the cockpit release, drag the pilot out and attempt to tap into his biosensors.
If successful attempt to clone any signals being transmitted and begin broadcasting them from my suit.

If the active melee suit was actually the crippled suit:
Assess damage to battlesuit, see if it is possibly repairable or if any parts are salvageable.

((Also last turn i was mean to grab smurfs head and any surviving gear, did anything survive his death?))
Well, they were the same. However, it looks like the big old fuckoff sword is still functional, and so are the rocket boost pods, and the big fuck off shield. The suit itself is fucked though.

Team F
Under her breath, Dominika cursed like a sailor. It went from suicide mission to suicide mission.
Look for a fire extinguisher to put Xan out.
You help put xan out via vigorous stomping.

TEAM G

Flint Westwood - Team G

((Thanks PW.))

Repair as much as possible. Refuel and recharge my mining laser's battery as much as possible.

Requesting description of what yellow mod does since I used it the previous turn.

[handi:4]

Well, lets say you get your leg repaired at least. As per yellow, really it shouldn't have done much since it creates stationary energy mines.

Team G

Jim just sits and rests for future amp-using.

Do do do, Gonna murder, do do do, Gonna kill, do do do.

Team G "God Damn It" (Reserve) - Milno "Honey Badger" Enedrasi - Leader - Ferrying The Wounded

Team G: "Thanks, Jim. Team G, in case you're not resting your brain then begin taking the dead and the wounded to the Sword. In general, be useful and get ready for the next round."

Quickly ferry the too wounded and the dead to the Sword.

Check fuel level to evaluate how much is spent when flying like a maniac with the EMM online.

Refuel.

((I thought both Milno and Flint were flying but got hit and smashed by debris anyway since concrete flew everywhere. All is well when it ends well, though.))
About 70% fuel. And refilled now.

Team G Cassowary, Faith

Help haul corpses to the infirmary.
Yep. De-corpsing

Anton Chernozorov, Team G(oddammit) "Cassowary" engineer/pilot

"Well, that went a lot worse than it should have, and marginally better than it could have."

"Steve, am I right in assuming they'll now try to burn off our defenses and attack from a distance? They're unlikely to send another ground assault, now that they saw we have ships. I'm assuming incoming bombs and missiles we could handle, but kinetic and laser bombardment would be a big problem. If some kind of artillery cruiser decides to blow a hole in our base, how much forewarning would we have, optimistically? Enough for the Black Death to take a shot at them or not, assuming it's kept on hot take-off?"

Scan the surroundings for enemies. Leave Tweedledee and Tweedledum in Steve's control, to be used as transports for the dead and wounded. Land the Party Wagon on a clear spot of land near the western border, keep it on hot take-off. Examine the layout of the base to see if it's possible to relocate the Black Death somewhere it'd be safer from a sudden orbital strike.

About the best place to put anything you don't wanna get hit is in the aurora. Parking black death there and party wagon to the west.

TEAM H
Team H - "Lemmings" : Marcius

Leve the main bunker and radio that I'm signing up for Team G, since we need more people.

Scavenge gauss rifle special ammo and grenades from a couple of Sods.

((Basically I'm getting tired of waiting. And this seems like a good time to join in.))

Wait what? Team H.

Wait what? Shouldn't you join an already existing team? Why weren't you on one already?

Wait what?

Is everyone ready for the next round or should I give you one more turn?

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #382 on: March 06, 2014, 10:34:31 am »

((VIQ for piecewise: Did I sell Steve's Emergency Kit? It's a very important detail.))

Stacy, Team BF Platypus

"Goodbye horses~!
I'm flying over you~!"

Dance over to wherever I'm supposed to be, for justice and whatnot.
« Last Edit: March 06, 2014, 11:44:17 am by Harry Baldman »

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #383 on: March 06, 2014, 10:41:48 am »

Flint Westwood - Team G

((I'm ready. As long as I can fly and shoot, I'm cool.

And energy mines, eh? That's good to know.))

If the attack happens this turn and I can do the following action:
   Fly high and start hitting drop pods before they land with Mining laser and Violet mode.

"Why let the robots have all the fun?"

Else:
   Just spam yellow mode mines at possible enemy landing points.
   Also, if possible, set up half of my 10 claymores at chokepoints near the laser battery and the other half near the command center.
   Make sure to notify my teammates of their presence so that they don't die a very stupid death.
   Those are regular claymores, right? Not some sort of nuclear space magic claymore.

« Last Edit: March 06, 2014, 10:45:44 am by Parisbre56 »

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #384 on: March 06, 2014, 11:02:59 am »

Xan Team BF (Better than team CD any day)

((One more turn, if you'd permit it. Just enough that I can do this action.))

Go find wherever they were dragging the Sod bodies and eat them.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile
Re: Mission 12: The Defense of Hephaestus
« Reply #385 on: March 06, 2014, 11:18:09 am »

Gorat 'Chin' Ivanos, Team D "Marabou" (Former Team E "Aye-aye")

Ready for wave 2. Get acquainted to the lay of the land and find some calm of mind (Charge Exo bonus).

Spoiler: Gorat 'Chin' Ivanos (click to show/hide)
Direforged Original
Random Raw Scripts - Randomly generated Beasts , Vermin, Hags, Vampires, and Civilizations
Castle Otu

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #386 on: March 06, 2014, 11:31:20 am »

Team C

Identify explosives.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Tavik Toth

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh dear....
    • View Profile
« Reply #387 on: March 06, 2014, 11:39:10 am »

Team B

Wait for the enemies to return. Also call dibs on the loot on anything I killed.

« Last Edit: March 06, 2014, 11:41:25 am by Tavik Toth »

Phoenix Flame

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #388 on: March 06, 2014, 11:54:10 am »

((Dang it Piecewise you beat me to getting around to posting :D... ah well no matter))

Team D - Rule 32: The only thing more accurate than incoming enemy fire is incoming friendly fire.

If there's time then help all people who need to get to medical get to medical then scavenge for laser magazines and grenades, check all hostile casualties are dead using the monorazor so we don't get shot up the back as well as the front.

If there's no time or once the above is done, take up position at the barricades and get ready for the second wave of the assault

Grunhill

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #389 on: March 06, 2014, 12:58:14 pm »

TEAM G

((Hey, I'm really back now, and just in time I think. @PW: Can we assume Renen is on ship and is from team G (support)? If yes then:))

Renen wakes up from his coma. He sees the situation on the battlefield, groups up with Team G and gets ready for the battle.
« Last Edit: March 06, 2014, 01:30:41 pm by Grunhill »
>Probably. They're bad news. Very good at hiding and very good at killing. Then again, no one is better at killing then the HMRC.

"Steve, they're trying to talk to us. We need an orbital bombardment NOW!"
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 109