Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 57 58 [59] 60 61 ... 109

Author Topic: Mission 12: The Defense of Hephaestus: Don't taunt the dice.  (Read 211983 times)

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
Re: Mission 12: The Defense of Hephaestus: Don't taunt the dice.
« Reply #870 on: April 01, 2014, 12:28:59 pm »

Team Щ, Starfleet Command - Anton Chernozorov

"The fleet is... moving off? Steve, how are the boarding teams doing? We are going to want to move fast, before we lose the distraction that the planetary guns provide. Maybe we could cripple the engines of some of the ships? Or their weapons? Their life support? Steve, do you have any schematics for the UWM ships? We don't exactly have a massive strike force here, so we're going to have to get surgical."

Converse with Steve. Spend some time looking over data and brainstorming the most safe and effective attack trajectory that will allow our meager "fleet" to inflict some meaningful damage while staying reasonably intact. Look at which teams have fared the worst so far, and try to make the trajectory such that the Southern Cross will be able to park itself reasonably near their location to allow evacuation of the killed, disabled, and critically wounded. Only do planning and preparation this turn.
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

Grunhill

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #871 on: April 01, 2014, 01:03:14 pm »

Team G

Try to cut open the door via doc sword's iaijutsu. Keep looking for the control room, always staying safe and behind my teammates. If any attack or trap happens, enter BT and avoid.
>Probably. They're bad news. Very good at hiding and very good at killing. Then again, no one is better at killing then the HMRC.

"Steve, they're trying to talk to us. We need an orbital bombardment NOW!"

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #872 on: April 01, 2014, 03:51:35 pm »

Denzel Gaunt- Team C, Audax

Follow along behind Auron, following the decompression procedures, making sure our teamates do so, and that any UWM personell/traps are dealt with- use my monoatomic sword at close range, my combi-weapon at medium range, and my manipulator at long ranges/bad angles. Be safe about it, though, and stop if we see any traps that we haven't detected yet.
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #873 on: April 01, 2014, 04:14:43 pm »

Ready my pickaxe and prepare to hit things with it. Just in case.
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #874 on: April 01, 2014, 06:36:41 pm »

Team F, Dominika Novak
Continue to be in back and trying not to die.

Phoenix Flame

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #875 on: April 01, 2014, 06:44:16 pm »

Angel/MGAXT-85674/FR: Team C Audax

Angel looked at the remains of the two crew members

Huh... that reminds me, must remember to see if we can swipe the stuff for lasagna from the galley here

Hang on until the torrent of air subsides, take up rear point and follow Denzel

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #876 on: April 01, 2014, 08:52:40 pm »

TEAM C: AUDAXES: THOMAS
"Lasagna?"
Take up point, head in.

Phoenix Flame

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #877 on: April 02, 2014, 08:46:35 am »

"Lasagna?"
Take up point, head in.

I like lasagna

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #878 on: April 02, 2014, 01:03:03 pm »

TEAM A
Team A - Ship Alpha | Flint Westwood - Soldier

((Ah, OK. The way you said it, I thought you meant that if it wasn't a MK1 it would be better. I was under the impression that the UWM recycled their old altered wars tech. Although it makes sense for soldiers near a forge world to have newer equipment...

I'm very tempted to yell... actually, why the heck not?))

Approach the two men while telling them that "I'm a time traveler, I need your help and there's no time to explain!" and trying to look non threatening. That should hopefully distract them. If they don't know time travel is impossible, they'll maybe consider it. If they know it's impossible, the sheer ridiculousness of the statement should give them pause. ((Edit: Maybe they'll think I'm the result of an anomaly, like that spaceman from the Halloween event.))

Once I reach them, remove their helmets or connect with their suits to disable their comms (whatever looks easier to do) while calling for Skylar to do the same.

If I'm successful, tie them up and gag 'em using my rope and search them for any comm devices I might have missed and make sure they can't use them.

If they resist, try to restrain them and prevent them from talking or failing that, punch them.

If they try to run away, try to catch them.
If I can't catch them, fire a warning shot.
If that doesn't work and Skylar doesn't manage to catch them either, shoot to disable.

You leap out from the corner and scream about being a time traveler. They stop the cart for a moment, but only long enough to put it in reverse and start backing away as fast as possible. Huh...

Team A - Ship Alpha || Skylar - Support

Approach the two men while telling them that "I'm a time traveler, I need your help and there's no time to explain!" and trying to look non threatening. That should hopefully distract them. If they don't know time travel is impossible, they'll maybe consider it. If they know it's impossible, the sheer ridiculousness of the statement should give them pause. ((Edit: Maybe they'll think I'm the result of an anomaly, like that spaceman from the Halloween event.))

Once I reach them, remove their helmets or connect with their suits to disable their comms (whatever looks easier to do) while calling for Skylar to do the same.

If I'm successful, tie them up and gag 'em using my rope and search them for any comm devices I might have missed and make sure they can't use them.

If they resist, try to restrain them and prevent them from talking or failing that, punch them.

If they try to run away, try to catch them.
If I can't catch them, fire a warning shot.
If that doesn't work and Skylar doesn't manage to catch them either, shoot to disable.

Try not to snicker at that line. Activate EMM and support Flint's plan.

In specific, if they get between me and Flint, be ready to move to cut off their retreat and ambush them on Flint's cue.

If, somehow, someway, Flint successfully bluffs them with this, do a slow clap after they're dealt with.

You'd like to say you're surprised this didn't work. But you're not. Not even in the slightest. You spend the next few seconds banging your helmet against the wall.

TEAM B

Team B 'Wild Weasels' - CO Simus (The i is pronounced like the i in time, by the way, not like the i in sim)

I think I still have a micro-welder from during the infiltration, at least I don't remember giving it back, hang on...

Simus quickly looks through her gear for that welder she took along with the other tools she was given from the infiltration mission, and if she still has is, attempts to reach up and weld the panels above the door shut.
(So, S-eye-mus? Like Simon but with with a lisp? Also, different from what it would be in your full name, assuming your full name is the play on "Simulacrum" It looks like. )
[handi:6+1]

You weld the little door shut. You also somehow manage to weld both feet to the door and now find yourself hanging upside down like some sort of mechanical batman reject.

TEAM C

Denzel Gaunt- Team C, Audax

Follow along behind Auron, following the decompression procedures, making sure our teamates do so, and that any UWM personell/traps are dealt with- use my monoatomic sword at close range, my combi-weapon at medium range, and my manipulator at long ranges/bad angles. Be safe about it, though, and stop if we see any traps that we haven't detected yet.

Angel looked at the remains of the two crew members

Huh... that reminds me, must remember to see if we can swipe the stuff for lasagna from the galley here

Hang on until the torrent of air subsides, take up rear point and follow Denzel
"Lasagna?"
Take up point, head in.

Alright, well in the room you just decompressed there are 8 doors, 4 along each wall, as well as a ladder going up and down set in an alcove along the left wall and a ninth door at the end of the little hall of doors. It all seems a bit excessive if you ask me, but these ships were designed by computers trying to get the most possible space out of cramped areas so you have to expect some oddities. Now choose a direction because I have no idea which way you wanna go.

TEAM D

Team D, "Dead Dirtbags" - Thaddeus - Grunt - Ship Alpha

SHIT!

Get behind Milno and stay out of his way. Let him do all the work while I reap all the rewards!

(Edited action)

((@renegade: Knowing how far they are from us and if they are facing our way would help and Milno's the one better acquainted to combat, so that's why my post goes as follows.))

Team D, "Dead Dirtbags" - Milno - Leader - Ship Alpha

"I'll take care of fighting, only act if needed!" Milno hisses as soon as he sees the crewmen before activating the MkIII's enhanced movement mode. "Steve, should we try to keep casualties minimal?"

Activate EMM. Ask Steve whether casualties should be kept to a minimum. Apply the most logical action based on the variables:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

>Casualties are a non-issue.

"Copy that, Applying violence."

[dex: 4+1]
[str:3+1]

All of the MK III's rockets activate for an instant as the EMM activates, pushing milno a few inches into the air before hurling him down the hall, closing the 15 or so feet to the targets in an instant. The guard doesn't even have time to raise his rifle before milno has grabbed it with both hands and yanked it up into the guard's chin. The guard tumbles over backwards as Milno swings the rifle like a baseball bat, clobbering one of the crewmen upside the head before hitting the other in the back of the knees, knocking him to the ground and KOing him with a swift kick to the head. Milno hovers there for a moment, looking around for anyone else, before deactivating EMM and dropping back to the ground, holding the rifle in one hand.

TEAM E

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=137514.0
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Team E - Lerman

Wake up. Swear loudly. Check body for any permanent damage. Again wonder how I injured and K.O.'d myself with a robot body. Continue moving through the ship.

Robot bodies can still get injured and knocked out. It's just harder. Then again, you did just get plastered against the wall by a robotic arm designed to effortlessly carry solid metal shells the size of cars and then fell several stories.

In terms of permanent damage, it appears do have damaged some of the artificial muscles of your back, limiting your movement, as well as damaging one of your shoulders. Nothing that should prevent you from walking or running though.

Team E

See if I can plug Steve into the keypad somehow so he can hack it for me. If I can't, just use a cutter on the door and keep going.

He can, but it would require an Aux roll to get it open and to plug it in correctly. Using the cutter would probably be faster, but it also might trigger alarms.

Team E

Wake up Lerman. Continue keeping a lookout for enemies and doors.

Doors have been found. Enemies...well that depends. Does common sense count? Because certain people have been fighting it quite aggressively.

TEAM F

Ship Beta?: Team F: Grate

Quietly enter the hallway, then realize that there's no way I'll blend in and take point normally.
...Well, as normally as possible, given the situation.
Survey the hallway.
(The teams are on the following ships, so you can stop putting a ? there.
Alpha: TEAM A, TEAM D (near A team) and TEAM H
Beta: TEAM C, TEAM F
Gamma: TEAM G
Delta: TEAM B
Epsilon: TEAM E)

Brother Lars:  Team F Chaplain, "Defenders of the Faith

Lars performs a complex holy gesture; with the gun and the suit, it looks a bit ridiculous.  "Praise Ingram, for he hath blessed us with his favor!  Now we shall honor his blessing by continuing forth in Steve's holy work!"

Continue forth in Steve's holy work, by headed further toward the bridge.  We are in Ship Beta, right?  Not hearing anything from Steve makes Lars antsy.

Team F for Fail

Follow Lars while staying alert for enemies or anything else strange.

Team F, Dominika Novak
Continue to be in back and trying not to die.

Team F shoves the infinitely expendable Grate through the hole in the wall. After he goes through several seconds of uninterrupted living, the rest of the team follows him through. The intersection has several branches, but only 3 of them have any sort of colored line. One to the left is green, one that is about central, maybe a bit to the right, is blue, and one to the far right is red.

TEAM G

TEAM G
"Fuck it, Renen! kick the door down!"
direct renen

Team G

Try to cut open the door via doc sword's iaijutsu. Keep looking for the control room, always staying safe and behind my teammates. If any attack or trap happens, enter BT and avoid.

Renen steps forward, places his hand on the grip of his sword, assumes a practiced stance and appears to just sort of stand there for a few seconds before standing back up and taking a few steps back. After another few anxious seconds, someone is about to say something when the door neatly crumbles into about 50 small square pieces.

Renen steps through the hole and out into the hall beyond. The hall itself is completely dark, but he can make out a set of three colored lines on the ground, green, blue and red, all heading right.

TEAM H

Hasala Nabin, Team Kappa (H) Mission Control

((Yeah, I'm aware of the Sod teams' abilities and equipment. I was the one who tried to use the grenadiers' EMP grenades against the drones before the drones were retconned out, if you don't remember.))

Squad advances to the intersection and keeps eyes on the hallways while the support Sod uses the interface (unless it's my character that has to make the Aux roll, in which case charge a dynamic bonus for getting the map). One guy takes his helmet off so I can watch the fourth hallway; one of the other Sods can relay any orders given to him until he puts the helmet back on.

Priorities for the interface:
- Calling up a map of the ship and downloading it into the Sod's suit/the base mainframe/uploaded to Steve
((The meta, it burnsss...))
- Hacking into the security system and disabling any automated or activatible internal defenses, if possible
- Disabling the ship's comms

If this is just an interactive map or something, ignore the last two, obviously.

(Make sure to just post it has "Team H" because thats what I search for it as.)

The terminal itself seems fairly restricted in terms of what it can do, it has limited access to the rest of the ship, but using it to hack into security or otherwise mess with the ship would be fairly difficult and probably be noticed. It would take a turn to do, and it would only shut things down for a short time before the crew got them back online, assuming you allow them to do so.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #879 on: April 02, 2014, 01:06:24 pm »

Team B - Resident Katana Mantis

How did you even accomplish that? A position like that isn't remotely plausible.

Wait while Simus is getting down. Plot deaths of those who are inferior to me (everyone but the Doctor).
« Last Edit: April 02, 2014, 05:16:41 pm by Xantalos »
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #880 on: April 02, 2014, 01:13:28 pm »

((Wait, hadn't I already leaped out? EDIT: Yep. And they had stopped.

You leap out into the hall, aiming your gun at them and shouting "STOP RIGHT THERE, CRIMINAL SCUM!"

Surprisingly, they do. Although they seem more confused or stunned then threatened, just sort of staring at you from the cart. Huh...

Aargh, I'm starting to realize why civilians don't survive long in this game. Because right now it's getting real tempting to just shoot them, it feels like I've been trying to ambush them forever. And why didn't Skylar fly towards them?))

Team A

If they are stopped, approach them and take them prisoner. If not, shoot their vehicle. If there's no other way, just shoot them because otherwise Milno will have reached the bridge by the time this is over.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2014, 03:54:01 pm by Parisbre56 »

swordsmith04

• Bay Watcher
  • Communist Gnome
    • View Profile
« Reply #881 on: April 02, 2014, 01:26:44 pm »

Hasala Nabin, Team H Mission Control

Just download the map, then. Send it to Teams A and D, as well.
When the support Sod is done with the terminal, the helmetless Sod puts his helmet back on and the squad continues towards the bridge.

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #882 on: April 02, 2014, 02:01:05 pm »

Team E

Go ahead and jack in for Steve, and have him play as much havoc as possible through the ship too. If I set off the alarm somehow, just use the cutter and get moving.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #883 on: April 02, 2014, 02:05:10 pm »

Confirmed Ship Beta: Team F: Grate the Expendable
(Note to self: Don't put that on the business cards.)

Follow the green-brick road. Probably.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #884 on: April 02, 2014, 02:27:04 pm »

Miyamoto opens a comm channel to the boarding team leaders:

"Attention boarding crew, this is Miyamoto. We still have two sod teams in reserve  right now. I'll be launching them shortly, so if any of you really need a hand, say so now, cause' if not I'll be trying to capture an additional ship with those two teams. And don't ask backup if it ain't necessary, we could really use an extra ship."

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.
Pages: 1 ... 57 58 [59] 60 61 ... 109