Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 67 68 [69] 70 71 ... 109

Author Topic: Mission 12: The Defense of Hephaestus: Don't taunt the dice.  (Read 211000 times)

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
Re: Mission 12: The Defense of Hephaestus: Don't taunt the dice.
« Reply #1020 on: April 09, 2014, 04:59:51 pm »

Auron, team c.

Attempt to melt the rest of the turrets with my manipulator.

((I really wish i had made some neotherm grenades right about now.))
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #1021 on: April 09, 2014, 05:16:22 pm »

Team B - Competent Space Wizard Shapeshifting Katana Mantis

Appreciated. I may be able to transfer some of my flesh to your leg if you cannot walk, at least temporarily. Would you want to do that?

If Morul accepts my Faustian bargain, transfer a shin-sized piece of biomass over to his leg with commands to act like the flesh there and support his bones. If not and he can't walk, get him up on my back and continue along with the team.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #1022 on: April 09, 2014, 05:20:47 pm »

Team F

"We should also loot the armoury on this ship if we find it."

follow Lars.

"Brother Jack, aren't we here to take the entire ship?  Surely that has more value than a few rifles."
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Phoenix Flame

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1023 on: April 09, 2014, 06:12:48 pm »

Angel, Team C

It was a long shot anyway

keep covering the party wait for Auron to finish

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1024 on: April 09, 2014, 06:38:44 pm »

Denzel, Team C- Audax

Should Auron fail, melt the base of the turret in his stead.
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1025 on: April 09, 2014, 08:18:58 pm »

Team B

See If I can salvage the remains of the turret. Laser off (With laser rifle) the bent portion of the barrel to make a sawed-off gauss rifle. Perform any necessary modifications to make it usable by hand.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2014, 08:44:01 pm by NAV »
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1026 on: April 09, 2014, 08:25:14 pm »

Team E(xceedingly dead teammate)

Fire on those turrets! Dakka dakka dakka!

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1027 on: April 09, 2014, 08:29:45 pm »

Team G - May

"OOOOOOOOOOOOO-"

Dropkick the nearest engineer. Then go run and hide.
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1028 on: April 09, 2014, 09:44:10 pm »

Ship Beta: Team F: Grate

Brother Lars:  Team F Chaplain
Brother Lars raises his arms.  "Surely the gods are with us today!  Praise Cog-azaon for revealing the holy machinations of the machine to us.  Amen."
Head back the way we came to the green hallway to the bridge.
"Cogzon didn't show me anything..." Grate is a bit confused and pretty sure he should be annoyed. Religion never was part of his upbringing.

Follow Lars, probably offending my CO in the process.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #1029 on: April 09, 2014, 09:46:53 pm »

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1030 on: April 09, 2014, 10:30:40 pm »

TEAM C: Audaxes: Thomas

Stand guard, wait for the space magic guys to wipe out the turret.

Grunhill

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1031 on: April 10, 2014, 12:12:39 pm »

Team G

Keep walking after my team, ready for any danger.
>Probably. They're bad news. Very good at hiding and very good at killing. Then again, no one is better at killing then the HMRC.

"Steve, they're trying to talk to us. We need an orbital bombardment NOW!"

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #1032 on: April 10, 2014, 12:36:42 pm »

Team H, Bored Starfleet Command, Anton Chernozorov

Finally actually do that programming thing, and then check on the status of the UWM fleet. Is it doing anything of interest?
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #1033 on: April 10, 2014, 03:34:38 pm »

TEAM AD

Team A D - Ship Alpha | Flint Westwood - Disguised Soldier
Alright, I'm gonna just summarize what I understand the plan to be before we go with it, just to make sure I've got it right.

Flint and Thad are going to get dressed in the suits that the workers they knocked out were in and attempt to use this disguise and the ID cards to get into the guarded bridge area. They'll keep their weapons tucked under the front seat, just in case anything goes wrong. Milno will hide in the box, along with the rest of the weapons, and wait to pop out when either they make it to the bridge itself, or shit goes south. Sky will be hiding in the elevator, since there's no room for him on the truck, and will pop out as needed.

Is this the plan?

Yes, unless anybody objects. Oh, and Sky keeps his weapons.
Team D, "Dead Dirtbags" - Milno - Leader - Ship Alpha - Initiating Plan Fuck-You-In-A-Box

That's pretty much it.
Team D, "Dead Dirtbags in a box" - Thaddeus - Disguised Grunt - Ship Alpha

Looks right to me
Team A - Skylar

Yeah, sounds about right. I still have a pyro manip, I gave Flint the pyro manip that Stacy had.

(( Echo, echo, echo, echo ))

Flint and Thad load themselves into the front of the cart after getting dressed, rifles and manipulators hidden at their feet, and carefully reverse the cart into the elevator. Milno hides in his box and skylar hits the button for the right floor before cramming himself as far into the corner as he can. The nervous ride down and then sideways is broken up slightly by futuristic, plinky plonky muzak and Flint muttering a endless number of permutations on why they need to drive a cart with a suspiciously large box straight into the control room.

When the elevator eventually stops and the doors open, they're met with the imposing form of an armored sod, standing with his rifle pointed straight between the driver's eyes.

"Identify self." The sod growls.

TEAM B

Team B: Wild Weasels
((I'm full robot, don't have a helmet, don't have flesh. I assume the leg is still frakked though.))

"Hrmmm. Yeah, that works. Thanks for not fucking up Xan. Quality work. Keep it up."

Examine leg. How damaged is it? Can I still walk? If I can, head over to the remains of the turret, and see if I can grab any ammo from it. Then follow the group. If not, see if I can get help fixing it.
Team B - Competent Space Wizard Shapeshifting Katana Mantis

Appreciated. I may be able to transfer some of my flesh to your leg if you cannot walk, at least temporarily. Would you want to do that?

If Morul accepts my Faustian bargain, transfer a shin-sized piece of biomass over to his leg with commands to act like the flesh there and support his bones. If not and he can't walk, get him up on my back and continue along with the team.

Team B

See If I can salvage the remains of the turret. Laser off (With laser rifle) the bent portion of the barrel to make a sawed-off gauss rifle. Perform any necessary modifications to make it usable by hand.
(I keep confusing morul and chin in my head for some reason. Not sure why.)
Morul manages to hobble back to his feet and limp around a bit. He can walk, but running is out of the question.

Xan's Faustian bargain is rightfully and smartly ignored.

And it is discovered that the turret fucked itself up quite badly by attempting to fire with a bent barrel, damaging the internals as well as basically the entire length of the barrel. Oh well.

TEAM C

TEAM C: Audaxes: Thomas

Stand guard, wait for the space magic guys to wipe out the turret.

Denzel, Team C- Audax

Should Auron fail, melt the base of the turret in his stead.
Angel, Team C

It was a long shot anyway

keep covering the party wait for Auron to finish
Auron, team c.

Attempt to melt the rest of the turrets with my manipulator.

((I really wish i had made some neotherm grenades right about now.))

[uncon:5+1]
Well, the turret and half the wall are gone and Auron is laying on the ground cradling his head and muttering something about imaginary numbers and the square root of a cube root of an integer raised to a complex fraction.  The way is clear, but something tells you that doing damage like that has probably alerted someone, somewhere, even if it's just a maintenance crew.

TEAM E

Team E(xceedingly dead teammate)

Fire on those turrets! Dakka dakka dakka!

[Con:5+1]
You step right out into the hall and fire with one hand, yelling incomprehensibly as you do. Some how, despite you slowly walking forward, spraying bullets in random directions, you keep hitting and the turrets keep missing! When the smoke has cleared, the turrets are all destroyed and you're unharmed, save for a small cut you got when one of them winged you.

"You're bleeding." Lerman shouts from around the corner, peaking out at the devastation.

"I ain't got time to bleed! Also I'm pretty sure I can't anymore. Gene therapies."

TEAM F

Team F

"We should also loot the armoury on this ship if we find it."

follow Lars.

((Clearly you turreted teams should have brought shard launchers!  Good shot Lerman, though.))

Brother Lars raises his arms.  "Surely the gods are with us today!  Praise Cog-azaon for revealing the holy machinations of the machine to us.  Amen."

Ship Beta: Team F: Grate

"Cogzon didn't show me anything..." Grate is a bit confused and pretty sure he should be annoyed. Religion never was part of his upbringing.

Follow Lars, probably offending my CO in the process.

The door that was sealed before is now open, and leads across a slowly curving walkway that circles around the barrel of the cannon, if the connecting access doors and their signs are to be believed. You complete half the circuit and follow the green line back out and straight to an elevator. One of the buttons in the elevator has a green outline around it, so thats probably the one to chose, should you want to use it.

TEAM G

Team G - May

"OOOOOOOOOOOOO-"

Dropkick the nearest engineer. Then go run and hide.

Team G

Keep walking after my team, ready for any danger.

Lets see...Renen follows the team, but the only act the team did this turn is for May to perform a flying dropkick on a corpse.

So yeah.

TEAM H

Hasala Nabin - Team H Sod Controller

If the crewman has seen the Sods already, the entire Sod squad will pile out into the hall and aim their weapons at the crewman, and one of them will shout for the crewman to surrender and to remove his helmet. If he doesn't, one of the grenadiers will shoot him. Non-fatally, of course.

If the crewman hasn't seen the Sods yet, they'll stay hidden in the hallway. When the crewman reaches the junction, one of them will jump him and bash him in the face with their metal baton, and if he isn't unconscious/dead, two of the Sods will grab him and prevent him from moving while the third takes his helmet from him.

If at any point the crewman turns out to be armed, one of the Sods will shoot to disable (unless in melee range, in which case they'll just beat him up).

The crewman appears not to have seen the sods, so you order them to wait and ambush him. As soon as he passes in front of them, all four move at once. One sweeps his legs with a kick, another grabs his arms and pins them behind his back while a third cracks him over the head with his baton and the fourth sweeps the hall quickly with the barrel of his rifle, checking for other crewmen. They bind the unconscious man's wrists and ankles and gag him before dragging him back into the connecting hall and awaiting more orders.

Team H, Bored Starfleet Command, Anton Chernozorov

Finally actually do that programming thing, and then check on the status of the UWM fleet. Is it doing anything of interest?
We'll say you get that all nice and done.

The Fleet is continuing to move away, although the computers are highlighting that the energy readings from one of them have taken a sharp decline. Hmm.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #1034 on: April 10, 2014, 03:36:49 pm »

Brother Lars: Team F Chaplain

PRES GEEN BUTAN
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.
Pages: 1 ... 67 68 [69] 70 71 ... 109