Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 212 213 [214] 215 216 ... 360

Author Topic: DFHack 0.43.03-r1  (Read 1087313 times)

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
Re: DFHack 0.40.24-r3
« Reply #3195 on: October 12, 2015, 12:35:28 pm »

Is it theoretically possible to allow building constructed walls from any item?

expwnent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3196 on: October 12, 2015, 12:41:11 pm »

I think so.

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3197 on: October 12, 2015, 06:35:51 pm »

Is it theoretically possible to allow building constructed walls from any item?
With advfort you probably can. I know I removed the "hard surfaces only" restriction so I could engrave the walls I built the faces of armok with.

PeridexisErrant

• Bay Watcher
  • Dai stihó, Hrasht.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3198 on: October 14, 2015, 10:38:21 pm »

Update on the next release: effectively negative progress because there's more stuff to do. The documentation is overhauled in terms of formatting and presentation but the content is about the same. I'd like to go over the documentation and add stuff and organize a bit more. I'd also like to go through the big pile of third party scripts we're adding and decide what needs to go in and what would be too cluttered and fix indentation and try and extract out common functionality, etc, etc. I'm working on it a little each day but it will take longer than I expected.

I do still intend to do DFHack 0.40.24-r4 before the next DF release.

It would go a lot quicker if I just took all the 3rd party scripts and stuffed them in but that would clutter the scripts folder a lot and when I do eventually go in and standardize everything it would break backwards compatibility. I'm willing to break it if there's a good reason for the long-term health of the project but I try not to.

It's been a while, any further news or time estimates?

I ask because I expect a DF release in the first week of November, and 34.11-r5 proved the value of a recent DFHack release going in to the update work.  This doesn't leave much time for third-party updates (eg TwbT, some utilities) to update either.
I maintain the DF Starter Pack - over a million downloads and still counting!
 Donations here.

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #3199 on: October 15, 2015, 02:27:47 am »

have a question is it possible to toggle the Army tent mechanic on the adventurer's army?
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

LastGreen

• Bay Watcher
  • [TRANCES] [SPHERE:STORMS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3200 on: October 17, 2015, 04:25:18 pm »

"How to install DFHack:
•First, get the archive meant for your system. Extract the contents into your DF folder.
•On Windows, you're ready to use DFHack. An extra command line window should appear when you run DF."

So I haven't played in awhile and I'm trying to install DFHack but.. I cant figure it out. what archive am I suppose to find? and do I need another program in order to read the file? I downloaded the windows version but its just a single unreadable file. so I'm alittle confused. I tried downloading the lazy newb pack and simply taking the pre installed DF hack from there but that didn't work either.

Edit: nvm I figured out which file I missed in the Lazynewbpack.
« Last Edit: October 17, 2015, 04:33:18 pm by LastGreen »

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3201 on: October 17, 2015, 04:50:02 pm »

The DFHack archives are available here (the "Download link" under "DFHack 0.40.24-r3" in the first post). You'll need 7-zip to decompress the Windows archive, from which you need the "hack" folder. On Windows you'll also need SDL.dll, SDLreal.dll, libruby.dll, lua.dll, and protobuf-lite.dll, but installing all of the files is best.
« Last Edit: October 17, 2015, 04:52:03 pm by lethosor »
DFHack - Dwarf Manipulator (Lua) - DF Wiki talk

There was a typo in the siegers' campfire code. When the fires went out, so did the game.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #3202 on: October 17, 2015, 07:14:30 pm »

Quick question: wondering if there's still a utility included that can reverse madness in dwarves.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of the randomly generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #3203 on: October 17, 2015, 07:33:37 pm »

Gm-editor can do it, but the interface is a bit complex.

Atomic Chicken

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3204 on: October 18, 2015, 03:26:35 pm »

Quick question: wondering if there's still a utility included that can reverse madness in dwarves.
Select the unit, enter "gui/gm-editor" in the console, select "mood" and change the value to -1.
As mentioned in the previous turn, the most exciting field of battle this year will be in the Arstotzkan capitol, with plenty of close-quarter fighting and siege warfare.  Arstotzka, accordingly, spent their design phase developing a high-altitude tactical bomber. 

Immortal-D

• Bay Watcher
  • [Not_A_Tree]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3205 on: October 20, 2015, 03:24:36 pm »

Edit 3: I for sure have it solved now, should anyone else encounter this.

Edit 2: After reinstalling to deal with a graphics issue, the problem is back :(  Ctrl-s allows me to set a limit directly, without any menu.  Alt-w simply doesn't work, even though it is the default hotkey in the init.

Edit: Got it sorted out :)  I didn't realize how dependent on Workflow I have become until I didn't have it.

Hey peeps, quick question.  Using the latest version, the ingame GUI for Workflow Manager is invisible.  I can see the background change when I select it with a job, and can enter a contraint.  However, material options, that nifty graph, etc. have all vanished.  Any info is appreciated :)

Additionally, the console returns 'Toggled display of water/magma depth'.
« Last Edit: October 21, 2015, 09:09:27 am by Immortal-D »

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #3206 on: October 22, 2015, 10:50:42 am »

Select the unit, enter "gui/gm-editor" in the console, select "mood" and change the value to -1.

Thanks! I'll give that a shot. Unfortunately the guy died anyway, but at least he got a really spiffy tomb.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Dirst

• Bay Watcher
  • [EASILY_DISTRA
    • View Profile
« Reply #3207 on: October 26, 2015, 05:13:45 am »

Is there a simple way to set up a callback for 1 tick later?  Creatures spawned with the create-unit script don't seem to have a valid enemy.enemy_status_slot right away, but they do if I pause the game after they spawned.

Still fiddling while ways to set the flags correct from the start, but a callback would also work.  In principle, more than one creature can appear in the same tick, so the callback would need an arbitrary identifier like Eventful has.

Edit: Well, I managed to set the enemy_status as the creature was spawned, and it still shows up on the unit list as "friendly".  Will have to do this some other way.
« Last Edit: October 26, 2015, 07:12:38 am by Dirst »
Just got back, updating:
(0.42 & 0.43) The Earth Strikes Back! v2.15 - Pay attention...  It's a mine!  It's-a not yours!
(0.42 & 0.43) Appearance Tweaks v1.03 - Tease those hippies about their pointy ears.
(0.42 & 0.43) Accessibility Utility v1.04 - Console tools to navigate the map

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #3208 on: October 26, 2015, 11:11:49 am »

dfhack.timeout(1,'ticks',callback)

if you need function arguments in the callback, you can use an anonymous function:

dfhack.timeout(1,'ticks',function() foo(bar,baz) end)

Dirst

• Bay Watcher
  • [EASILY_DISTRA
    • View Profile
« Reply #3209 on: October 26, 2015, 11:26:03 am »

dfhack.timeout(1,'ticks',callback)

if you need function arguments in the callback, you can use an anonymous function:

dfhack.timeout(1,'ticks',function() foo(bar,baz) end)
Great to know.  Problem is that the fix I was trying to apply doesn't fix the problem :(
Just got back, updating:
(0.42 & 0.43) The Earth Strikes Back! v2.15 - Pay attention...  It's a mine!  It's-a not yours!
(0.42 & 0.43) Appearance Tweaks v1.03 - Tease those hippies about their pointy ears.
(0.42 & 0.43) Accessibility Utility v1.04 - Console tools to navigate the map
Pages: 1 ... 212 213 [214] 215 216 ... 360