Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 89

Author Topic: Mission 18: The final sunset  (Read 171482 times)

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile
Re: Mission 18: They that dwell within the heat.
« Reply #225 on: October 10, 2014, 09:20:04 am »

"If we go that way, I think Fyeri wins, but she seems out of it, so it'd either be me or Chin. Chin, you want to lead this rag tag group of potential disasters, or shall I? Of course, Steve is the big boss, but he's gonna be busy."

"Tall order. Let's see if I'm up to it. In that case, you should take this." Gorat shows Morul his shock trigger. "You can trigger my shock implant with that if you feel it necessary."

Direforged Original
Random Raw Scripts - Randomly generated Beasts , Vermin, Hags, Vampires, and Civilizations
Castle Otu

Nunzillor

« Reply #226 on: October 10, 2014, 10:43:32 am »

((Ps, you don't have a wiki page for Tek. Which means you're an occult abomination or a figment of Sambo's imagination. Either way, I am hereby allowed to shoot you whenever I please. No paperwork to fix up afterwards or anything.....))

((Someone actually did make a wiki page for him here.  Not to worry, though: I fully expect him to at least temp-die this mission, so the few items he has will likely be up for grabs.  No need to speed up the process.))
« Last Edit: October 10, 2014, 10:50:12 am by Nunzillor »

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #227 on: October 10, 2014, 11:16:13 am »

Kai switches into University-Research-Mode, and starts taking notes on the women's behaviour, actions, appearance, time, ambient temperature etc.
The woman's behavior is basically passive. She moves when Steve tugs one of the ropes but otherwise stays still. Her appearance is the same as before, nothing about it except her oddly colored skin  and the fact that the ground under her feet is singed by her presence is really that odd. The ambient temp, according to external sensors, is around 120, though that goes down to somewhere around 85 if you get away from her.

Vincent plugs the battery pack into his backpack generator and gets ready to move out"I'm happy I decided to bring a heat gun along, but disappointed that puts me closest to the creature known for possessing others" Vincent then frowns "If we get infected, are we going to have to be killed in the same way?"

>Lets put it this way: try not to get infected. Or if you do, try to get it into someone else.

"I'm a guy from space, in an advanced exoskeleton, and carrying a huge laser cannon. Do I really need to barter you for this?"
Take that generator and fly away. I guess give him some bottles of HMRC standard first out of pity.
You rob a man on the street in broad daylight. Our conquering space heroes.

Sure this won't come back to haunt you.

((A great big generator is probably expensive around here. Try to avoid lynch mobs, they make such a mess.))

Dern holds position behind the Captive, taking temperature readings at regular distances from her skin, and charting them on his wristpad. Assume this to be always happening unless I say otherwise.

'We ready to, heh, roll?'
Right now it's about 125 right behind her and it drops off pretty quickly as you pull away. You assume her skin temp is even higher, but you don't really want to go jam your suit thermometer right up against her.

Sambo aims his laser rifle at the woman from a position that won't involve friendly-fire and gets ready to move along with the squad. He does his best to keep a steady mind while doing so, considering that someone will probably be in the firing lane of his slow cooker/laser rifle.

"Right, so who's going to do the dragging? I'm not letting this bitch out of my sights for a moment. I've got this thing set on low for now, so it'll probably just tickle a bit if it hits us in our suits. But if I say move, then fucken do it! Or go home without legs and shit."

((Just to be sure, Vincent is using his backpack isn't he? Not Sambo's. Because Sambo is using his right now. Vincent can do a recharge when we've actually gotten moving.))
You point your laser at the woman and wait to move out.

I don't think I'd be very good at that whole "Leadership" deal. Just let me know who's the new Boss. Cecil says aloud to nobody in particular. He looks around trying to find some way to keep cool in this weather.

Find a way to stay comfortable in this heat
Staying a good distance away from ms.easybake demon seems the best.

"We shouldn't have to drag her (yet, at least) as she supposedly follows instructions, I think.  Last questions, Steve: how do you say stop, follow, forward, and back in this language?."

Last questions.
Steve gives you the words. We can assume everyone knows these simple instructions now.

Good to go!

((We have water, right?))
Yeah, you have water.

Quote from: @Steve
I do not have a laser so do I just borrow one or what? also If I must borrow one can I have a "I have special permission from steve so cooperate" slip for an investigation into this?

ask steve
>Other people have lasers He says, lifting the cutting torch aloft as an example, Just get one from them.

Actually, let's try something a little different as follows:

1. Get my Testament prototype from Feyri.
2. Trade some of my gauss rifle parts for a glass receptacle and glass stirring thingy.
3. Drain some of the crystal solution from the Testament (about 30-60 rounds' worth) into the receptacle.
4. Stir lightly to crystallize as much of it as prettily as possible.

Use resulting pretty crystals as currency to purchase small cart, electric lights, metal sticks, gasoline generator, in that order of priority.

Then move out with the rest.

(Hint: The crystal solution only crystallizes when subjected to electrical current. )

How cold does the desert get at night?
Relatively chilly. Anywhere between 70 and 40 degrees.

Steve leads the woman by one of the ropes out through the palace and back out to the entrance. There is a very nervous looking native man out there, waiting. Judging from his attire and his bearing, he's probably some poor local they promised a nice chunk of money for his services. And he looks willing, if not enthused by the prospect of guiding murderers and demons into the desert.

>Alright, who's taking her?

Steve holds the rope out for someone to take.
« Last Edit: October 13, 2014, 11:12:18 am by piecewise »

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: October 10, 2014, 11:28:42 am »

(Hint: The crystal solution only crystallizes when subjected to electrical current. )

Execute plan as before, but utilize suit's power supply as a source of electric current to obtain crystals as step 4 instead of what's already there. Use about five rounds' worth of crystal solution for initial batch of crystals, then move on to more if necessary.

Also, be very careful in performing previous steps. That is to say, if any of the steps involve Aux rolls, step off and abandon the plan, and trade with moss and rifle parts instead.

Then move out.
« Last Edit: October 10, 2014, 05:11:18 pm by Harry Baldman »

Nunzillor

« Reply #229 on: October 10, 2014, 12:04:25 pm »

"Very well then.  It seems that our task will begin in earnest shortly.  Tek reminds all to  stay out of the shadows and to be prepared for trickery on the part of our captive."

Tek, making sure to stay far away from all shadows, follows the host from behind while keeping a "safe" distance from her.  As the group begins to follow its guide, he keeps a close eye on their surroundings while focusing his will ((dynamic will bonus)).

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: October 10, 2014, 01:13:08 pm »

As Steve asks who'll take the rope/leash, Gorat considers who he would want with that duty. There aren't many choices, he finds. "That'll be me", he announces, "since I should be able to use my weapons and keep the rope if it should become necessary."

Take the rope.

Direforged Original
Random Raw Scripts - Randomly generated Beasts , Vermin, Hags, Vampires, and Civilizations
Castle Otu

Dorsidwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • [INTERSTELLAR]
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: October 10, 2014, 02:06:02 pm »

((Dern got a nice shiny new seperate digital thermometer from the AM, specifically so he could do the following/previous/ whatever. Also, is that 40-70*f or 40-70*C? Important difference.))
Get a broom handle or similar and duct tape the thermometer probe to the end. Use this to take readings without going near enough for accidental contact/slow roasting. Don't poke her with it.
Quote from: Rodney Ootkins
Everything is going to be alright

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: October 10, 2014, 02:20:15 pm »

Okay then, try to trade 20 rounds' worth of the crystal solution for the goods as outlined previously (small cart, electric lights, metal sticks 1m in length, in that order of priority). Explain that it can be crystallized through the application of electricity, making shiny crystals. Disregard! See previous post.
« Last Edit: October 10, 2014, 02:25:35 pm by Harry Baldman »

Dutrius

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer extremely unavailable!
    • View Profile
    • Arcanus Technica
« Reply #233 on: October 10, 2014, 02:24:53 pm »

I'm glad all those hours spent learning how to make notes is coming in handy.

Continue making notes. Notes! Notes Everywhere! For !!Science!!

Also follow the group.
No longer extremely unavailable!
Sig text
ArcTech: Incursus. On hold indefinitely.

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: October 10, 2014, 02:41:25 pm »

Well damn, guess I gotta stick it out. I'm not taking that fucking leash.

Stay to the right of the woman in case I need to deliver a super right hook to her face if/when she goes crazy. And keep far enough away that I might stay a little cooler than boiling.

Get a feel for the situation and keep an eye out for ne'er-do-wells that aren't us.
« Last Edit: October 10, 2014, 06:41:33 pm by Pufferfish »

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: October 10, 2014, 03:09:57 pm »

So, the generator. Enough to power some cutting lasers? I'm trying to make a gatling laser cannon.
Meet up with the main group, set the raduga to wide angle microwave.
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

Hapah

• Bay Watcher
  • The nice guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: October 10, 2014, 03:43:57 pm »

Virrsai, friend? Please, please stop doing what you're doing. There's no way it's gonna end well. If you need stuff, go ask Steve if he's got any of the local currency he's willing to part with.

If you really wanna kill yourself messing with that stuff, at least wait until we're out in the desert.
I can't be expected to remember the names of everyone I've tried to stab.

Bored? Go read the EVE Chronicles.

Kedly

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: October 11, 2014, 01:45:51 am »

Take off balaclava and put away, put visor up on suit, and follow closely enough to the woman that should it get cold Vincent can quickly heat her up with the heat gun, but no no closer than that "Don't get infected, got it..."
((No.  ER Lasers are tickle generators, and dispense hugs, loves, and puppies.))
The fedora guy has potentially lethal amounts of swag :v

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: October 11, 2014, 02:40:14 am »

Follow the group towards the edges, keep an eye out for anything out of the ordinary/the host escaping.
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

sambojin

• Bay Watcher
  • Three seconds to catsplosion and counting.......
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: October 11, 2014, 05:37:25 am »

Sambo mutters under his breath, but still over open coms:

"Fuck! I didn't even like that cunt. Well, rope-boy's safe for now."

Sambo follows along with the group, pointing his "toast-setting'd" laser rifle at the captive woman from 30' away, trying to keep people out of the firing line if he has to turn it up (but not Tek. He's fine with it).
« Last Edit: October 11, 2014, 05:41:20 am by sambojin »
It's a game. Have fun.
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 89