Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 83 84 [85] 86 87 ... 89

Author Topic: Mission 18: The final sunset  (Read 171526 times)

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
Re: Mission 18: The final sunset
« Reply #1260 on: March 13, 2015, 12:04:18 pm »

Maybe try to lure one or more of the little plasma balls out of the plasma ball room out onto the surface with a flame (bursts of flame to get their attention and get them to migrate in a desired direction - lead them through the spiral tunnel if it leads to the surface, otherwise try through the ice cave)? Then get a shuttle containment solution to pick it up?

If that doesn't seem to work on any important level (including high risks of injury or it being impossible for a shuttle to pick one up) or seems too involved to do, feel free to end the mission already.

sambojin

• Bay Watcher
  • Three seconds to catsplosion and counting.......
    • View Profile
« Reply #1261 on: March 13, 2015, 06:52:22 pm »

((But, will there be baby-SamboEater-plasma-death-things hundreds of years in the future? And with time dilation due to FTL travel, and the general weirdness of the ER universe, might you all get to meet them?
Anyway, Morul shot, Sambo scored (even though he's dead, so he probably scores minus one) and almost everyone else is living.
Yayyyy!))
It's a game. Have fun.

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1262 on: March 13, 2015, 07:02:13 pm »

Maybe try to lure one or more of the little plasma balls out of the plasma ball room out onto the surface with a flame (bursts of flame to get their attention and get them to migrate in a desired direction - lead them through the spiral tunnel if it leads to the surface, otherwise try through the ice cave)? Then get a shuttle containment solution to pick it up?

If that doesn't seem to work on any important level (including high risks of injury or it being impossible for a shuttle to pick one up) or seems too involved to do, feel free to end the mission already.

Help with this. And if it gets dangerous, then grab Chief and rocket away because it would be just silly to die now.
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

Nunzillor

« Reply #1263 on: March 13, 2015, 07:07:20 pm »

"Because you have impressed us... adequately, we have decided that we shall join you as ambassador of Q'baja to this ARM we have been hearing so much about.  We expect, of course, to be treated like the royalty we are."

If the shuttle has not yet arrived, King Sulan'takan'litkham'ramen III shall take a mummy ride over to the pit to see what it looks like.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2015, 07:15:40 pm by Nunzillor »

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1264 on: March 13, 2015, 07:56:28 pm »

Start paying attention again at an opportune time. Help Chief and Dubley out of the hole if they need it. Maybe look for another shiny thing to take with me if my potion is still working.
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1265 on: March 14, 2015, 10:36:20 am »

Help people out of the hole as needed if my potion has worn off, otherwise head to the shuttle pickup.

"Let's get out of here."
« Last Edit: March 15, 2015, 10:54:20 am by Doomblade187 »
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

Corsair

• Bay Watcher
  • New Zeland giveth, New Zeland taketh away
    • View Profile
« Reply #1266 on: March 15, 2015, 04:15:08 am »

request a nice bottle of champagne and some glasses be made ready for when the shuttle arrives back at the ship, until then chill on a sand dune
So it was like a binary search, except the question is "Has the input been brutally murdered?", and it only ever returns True.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #1267 on: March 15, 2015, 09:45:27 pm »

You manage to lead one away. but it seems not to want to go very far up the spiral. It appears to have an aversion to being at a higher altitude then its tunnels.

"Because you have impressed us... adequately, we have decided that we shall join you as ambassador of Q'baja to this ARM we have been hearing so much about.  We expect, of course, to be treated like the royalty we are."

If the shuttle has not yet arrived, King Sulan'takan'litkham'ramen III shall take a mummy ride over to the pit to see what it looks like.
Imagine this
http://www.decadevolcano.net/photos/africa/erta_ale/erta_ale_0208/ertaale_e36424.jpg
But deep and without the lava at the bottom.

Start paying attention again at an opportune time. Help Chief and Dubley out of the hole if they need it. Maybe look for another shiny thing to take with me if my potion is still working.

Help people out of the hole as needed if my potion has worn off, otherwise head to the shuttle pickup.

"Let's get out of here."
Not working anymore. Even if you escape via my inattention, time snaps back into place when you come back.

request a nice bottle of champagne and some glasses be made ready for when the shuttle arrives back at the ship, until then chill on a sand dune
You'll have to get that when you get back to the ship. Unless you want the shuttle to turn around and go get it.

Anything else harry and co? If not, we'll do the debrief and kick you all back onto the ship.

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1268 on: March 16, 2015, 12:00:16 am »

Regroup, board shuttle, debrief.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2015, 12:24:19 am by NAV »
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1269 on: March 16, 2015, 12:16:13 am »

Nope, that's about all. We're done here.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #1270 on: March 16, 2015, 12:22:07 am »

((Not gonna catch it with your hand?))
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1271 on: March 16, 2015, 12:24:15 am »

Actually, I wouldn't mind gathering more of that super-hard crystal. Enough to completely bling my armour, for defensive purposes of course.
Unless it would take multiple turns.

Dutrius

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer extremely unavailable!
    • View Profile
    • Arcanus Technica
« Reply #1272 on: March 16, 2015, 11:41:10 am »

((I'm quite happy to leave now.))
No longer extremely unavailable!
Sig text
ArcTech: Incursus. On hold indefinitely.

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile
« Reply #1273 on: March 16, 2015, 11:56:17 am »

((Let's get off this rock so Steve can chew me out. Maybe even chew me up.))
Direforged Original
Random Raw Scripts - Randomly generated Beasts , Vermin, Hags, Vampires, and Civilizations
Castle Otu

Kedly

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1274 on: March 16, 2015, 02:22:18 pm »

Vote for debrief
((No.  ER Lasers are tickle generators, and dispense hugs, loves, and puppies.))
The fedora guy has potentially lethal amounts of swag :v
Pages: 1 ... 83 84 [85] 86 87 ... 89