Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 582 583 [584] 585 586 ... 793

Author Topic: The friendly and polite Europe related terrible jokes thread  (Read 1008611 times)

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
Re: The friendly and polite EU-related terrible jokes thread
« Reply #8745 on: September 20, 2018, 12:31:31 pm »

Just when you thought we reached peak meme.
https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-45586070
Trump urged Spain to 'build a wall' across Sahara, says minister

Build a wall across the Sahara and make the Africa Pay for it?
"The border with the Sahara cannot be bigger than our border with Mexico," Mr Borrell quoted Mr Trump as saying.

How the fuck is this even real life?

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8746 on: September 20, 2018, 12:44:26 pm »

I saw that one, hard to tell if Trump was actually being serious or making a joke, nevermind the fact that Spain only has two tiny enclaves in Africa and depending on where you draw the line, there are between 4 and 6 countries that cover the Sahara which are not Spain.

Might as well build a wall on the Mediterranean at this point with that logic.

Also being INCREDIBLY STEREOTYPICALLY American with the geography fail, yeesh.

Just when you thought we reached peak meme.
https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-45586070
Trump urged Spain to 'build a wall' across Sahara, says minister

Build a wall across the Sahara and make the Africa Pay for it?
"The border with the Sahara cannot be bigger than our border with Mexico," Mr Borrell quoted Mr Trump as saying.

How the fuck is this even real life?

Obviously he meant the borders around the enclaves. :P

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8747 on: September 20, 2018, 12:49:18 pm »

He meant the Saharan't.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #8748 on: September 20, 2018, 02:54:08 pm »

Has he *seen* the border around the enclaves? It's a double ten meter fence with razor wire on top and people still jump over it. If anything it proves that Trump wall wouldn't work even if it could be built.

BTW I don't like how the far right has advanced worldwide, but it's worth noting that all this stuff Orban  has done recently (messing with separation of powers, dubious treatment of immigrants, et al) Spain has been doing for years with little response from the rest of European countries (indeed, no response until the recent refusal of some luducrous extraditation warrants).   And if the far right hasnt advanced much in Spain, I think the major reason is because they couldn't outcompete our conservatives, founded by an actual member of the fascist goverment

« Last Edit: September 20, 2018, 03:00:26 pm by ChairmanPoo »
There's two kinds of performance reviews: the one you make they don't read, the one they make whilst they sharpen their daggers
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8749 on: September 20, 2018, 03:27:52 pm »

It doesn't seem that worldwide. Europe and the US (Canada has been getting some streaks of Trumpism, however), yes, but most elsewhere? no. Haven't heard anything about it happening anywhere on the scale seen in Europe happening in South America (theres some stuff in Brazil, but I don't know if that's in the normal range for Brazil or not) for example. I have absolutely no clue about Africa and Asia though. Australia is also having a bit of a moment with it's own far-right.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #8750 on: September 20, 2018, 03:35:15 pm »

Spanish Empire II, electric boogaloo?

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8751 on: September 20, 2018, 03:52:41 pm »

Not sure what you're referring to specifically about the Spanish Empire, it losing it's colonies?

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #8752 on: September 20, 2018, 04:19:32 pm »

It doesn't seem that worldwide. Europe and the US (Canada has been getting some streaks of Trumpism, however), yes, but most elsewhere? no. Haven't heard anything about it happening anywhere on the scale seen in Europe happening in South America (theres some stuff in Brazil, but I don't know if that's in the normal range for Brazil or not) for example. I have absolutely no clue about Africa and Asia though. Australia is also having a bit of a moment with it's own far-right.
The western world if you want. But South America has itīs own ongoing major problems (most notably Brazil and Venezuela, with Peru, Argentina and Colombia not far behind. And those are the ones I heard about).
There's two kinds of performance reviews: the one you make they don't read, the one they make whilst they sharpen their daggers
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8753 on: September 20, 2018, 04:21:05 pm »

The western world if you want. But South America has itīs own ongoing major problems (most notably Brazil and Venezuela, with Peru, Argentina and Colombia not far behind. And those are the ones I heard about).
Chairman, in Spain, do you get more Latin American news than other countries would?
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8754 on: September 20, 2018, 04:27:58 pm »

All I've heard about 'Argentina problems' is that they are having debt and economic problems (primarily due to loans from the IMF) and the resulting political turmoil over it, nothing about the rise of far-right politicians.

Anyhoo, this is the EU/Europe/Europe+neghboring countries thread...

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #8755 on: September 20, 2018, 04:34:56 pm »

Chairman, in Spain, do you get more Latin American news than other countries would?

Thatīs a good question. I do have a vague feeling that I was getting more news concerning Latin America back home than here (Ireland). But then again I barely watch TV back home, and not at all in Ireland, so itīs whatever online newspapers I read. I donīt feel they talk a lot about Latin America TBH. In the last few months the major topics are the different ongoing national scandals.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #8756 on: September 21, 2018, 10:09:02 am »

*drives by on motorbike*

So how's that Brexit deal coming along?

*drives away, cackling as the grenade goes off*

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

George_Chickens

• Bay Watcher
  • Ghosts are stored in the balls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8757 on: September 21, 2018, 10:15:22 am »

*drives by on motorbike*

So how's that Brexit deal coming along?

*drives away, cackling as the grenade goes off*
I can't believe that even EU threads are being targeted by suicide bombers now. Things have gone way too far.
Ghosts are stored in the balls?[/quote]
also George_Chickens quit fucking my sister

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8758 on: September 21, 2018, 10:29:03 am »

Wut Redking?.....

Last I've heard, Theresa May is walking away from the negotiations (or things are otherwise at a stalemate) and preparing for a no-deal Brexit.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #8759 on: September 21, 2018, 10:37:36 am »

Wut Redking?.....

Last I've heard, Theresa May is walking away from the negotiations (or things are otherwise at a stalemate) and preparing for a no-deal Brexit.
That's sort of my point. I'm waiting for the Leavers to furiously sputter that things will be fine and that it wasn't a mistake. Meanwhile, I'm considering a new business selling MREs and survival gear to Brits.

@George_Chickens: It's not a suicide bombing if I drive off...was thinking more of the PKK-style drive-by grenade attacks in Turkey.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.
Pages: 1 ... 582 583 [584] 585 586 ... 793