Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 261 262 [263] 264 265 ... 779

Author Topic: Things that made you mildly upset today thread  (Read 859578 times)

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you mildly sad today thread: remove burrito edition
« Reply #3930 on: May 30, 2018, 04:12:04 pm »

Don’t know if I should use this or the main sad thread for the temporary ‘things I want to rage at or am frustrated by’ thread.

https://www.axios.com/retail-jobs-getting-harder-more-skills-efe9fc13-9a7d-4b26-bf91-2f59ed602e1a.html

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3931 on: May 30, 2018, 04:17:47 pm »

Through the work placement programs I'm going through as part of my unemployment benefits, I was put into a class for general jobseeking tips and CV-writing practices. During the course, the organizer flipped through some information on a website tracking job listings and registered unemployed in the area.

For my city and surrounding areas, there were somewhere around 75-80 registered listings for job openings, everything from nurse technicians to private help/nannies.

Number of registered unemployed was 240+.

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3932 on: May 30, 2018, 05:47:00 pm »

If you look up government job growth figures for your city vs the number of adverts you'll probably find that the amount of hires greatly exceeds that. Most filled roles never get to the point of needing to advertise.

Getting out and meeting people who work in the field you wish to work in is as important as applying for jobs. Also, if you have contacts, then when a job is advertised, you can ask them if they know anyone in the company or know more about that company.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3933 on: May 30, 2018, 05:54:12 pm »

Still not entirely over this cold. Shit. And I have to go to an appointment in a few hours... nothing important, but it involves a bit of travel.
Going to head to the supermarket first, I reckon, to get some tea, hot chocolate and a hearty soup for breakfast, amongst other things.   

Also I seem to have forgotten all of the cool dreams I had yesterday and this morning. Dang.   
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #3934 on: May 31, 2018, 06:41:40 am »

My dream involved talking jelly fish and taunting the mad scientist trapping me with said jelly-boyos to the extent that he attempted to make a new alloy oit of iron and something else. I was then gping to use this alloy, the result of his pride, to make good my escape. But I woke up.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3935 on: May 31, 2018, 06:43:41 am »

My dream involved talking jelly fish and taunting the mad scientist trapping me with said jelly-boyos to the extent that he attempted to make a new alloy oit of iron and something else. I was then gping to use this alloy, the result of his pride, to make good my escape. But I woke up.
Was it iron and jelly, by chance? Irly?

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #3936 on: May 31, 2018, 06:51:35 am »

I don't think dream-me took the effort to simulate the second part of the alloy. So your guess is as good as mine. :P
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

George_Chickens

• Bay Watcher
  • Ghosts are stored in the balls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3937 on: May 31, 2018, 10:14:06 am »

it is so hard to find a good copy of Apocalypse Now. The Redux cut is far too long and the multitude of new scenes completely break the grim and bleak atmosphere of the film by destroying tension wherever it appears, until the last 20 minutes. I have a French recut of it that adds in SOME of the scenes, but for some reason a beheaded character returns to call in an airstrike.
Ghosts are stored in the balls?[/quote]
also George_Chickens quit fucking my sister

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3938 on: May 31, 2018, 06:04:41 pm »

Oh, you mean like
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I'm honestly not sure which version I watched in the first place or how many bonus scenes it had, haha. I've been meaning to re-watch it but the version on Netflix is pushing three hours... I think I'd rather watch something closer to the original and see how it compares to my (kinda hazy) memories of my first viewing.   
Booze is Life for Yoink

George_Chickens

• Bay Watcher
  • Ghosts are stored in the balls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3939 on: May 31, 2018, 09:57:21 pm »

Oh, you mean like

I'm honestly not sure which version I watched in the first place or how many bonus scenes it had, haha. I've been meaning to re-watch it but the version on Netflix is pushing three hours... I think I'd rather watch something closer to the original and see how it compares to my (kinda hazy) memories of my first viewing.   
Not quite what I meant, I have a version that was supposedly an unofficial recut for showing in France, and its sadly the closest thing to the actual original film I can find. The one on Netflix is definitely the redux version.
Ghosts are stored in the balls?[/quote]
also George_Chickens quit fucking my sister

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #3940 on: June 03, 2018, 01:34:34 am »

Does irritated count for this thread? Cuz I don’t usually come up to GD but it’s fucking frustrating when my Tourette’s makes me unable to stay in bed some nights without getting up and running around my room like fifty times and I think I wanna have a post here to bitch about it.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #3941 on: June 03, 2018, 05:30:39 am »

Does irritated count for this thread? Cuz I don’t usually come up to GD but it’s fucking frustrating when my Tourette’s makes me unable to stay in bed some nights without getting up and running around my room like fifty times and I think I wanna have a post here to bitch about it.

I would imagine a 'mildly irritated' would be fine mate. The Rage thread got nukt so it's either this or the WTF thread.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3942 on: June 03, 2018, 09:57:13 am »

Oh, you mean like

Not quite what I meant, I have a version that was supposedly an unofficial recut for showing in France, and its sadly the closest thing to the actual original film I can find. The one on Netflix is definitely the redux version.
Er, no, I mean, is that scene one of the ones added in the redux version(s)?   
Booze is Life for Yoink

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #3943 on: June 06, 2018, 08:29:33 pm »

I played To the Moon again today.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2018, 08:45:12 pm by Enemy post »
My mods and forum games.
Enemy post has claimed the title of Dragonsong the Harmonic of Melodious Exaltion!

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3944 on: June 06, 2018, 09:30:47 pm »

Noisy people on the train. Looks like there's at least one small child in the next carriage, so there's not much point going to the effort of moving. So much for a nice, relaxing trip with my nose in a book-- oh wait!
The worst offenders just got off a few stops before me! Though now morons behind me seem to be filling the gap. Ugh. I should really get a more portable cord for my headphones already.
Booze is Life for Yoink

Pages: 1 ... 261 262 [263] 264 265 ... 779