Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 85 86 [87] 88 89 ... 459

Author Topic: Untamed Virus Containment Thread:COVID-19: Lurking Omni-Flu Edition  (Read 421419 times)

McTraveller

• Bay Watcher
  • This text isn't very personal.
    • View Profile
Re: Untamed Virus Containment Thread: SARS-Cov-2: Coronavirus World Tour 2020
« Reply #1290 on: March 19, 2020, 11:37:54 am »

My mother-in-law is the opposite.  She wants to go shopping.  And she is over 70, has emphysema and known lung issues. She says "if it's my time to go, it's my time to go."

Different people have different world views, that is sure.

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1291 on: March 19, 2020, 12:21:36 pm »

Gun shop owners see sales 3 times as high as on black friday. Ammo shelves are emptying.

All countries have strange cultural traditions that may seem unhealthy from a distance. For the USA it's widespread gun ownership, and very high gun-related dead counts, for other countries it is eating pangolins. Both may be difficult to change, but we can hope people will try.

"...from my cold, dead hands. Probably next week, based on my decision-making abilities and those of the people around me."

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1292 on: March 19, 2020, 12:33:14 pm »

Our dutch minister of Medical Care has resigned.
Wednesday he fainted during a debate in parliament, albeit only for a few seconds.
He blamed it on tiredness and lack of sleep and said he'd be fine.
But now he resigned after all. It is unknown why.
Perhaps he had a brain aneurism, or maybe going without sleep for 3 weeks since the corona shit hit the fan has given him a burnout.

EDIT: okay, he resigned because of exhaustion, he needs to rest for a few weeks.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2020, 12:43:58 pm by martinuzz »
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

coalboat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1293 on: March 19, 2020, 12:43:41 pm »

for other countries it is eating pangolins.

Actually the equivalence is not eating bushmeat, but is censoring information. The Chinese government believes that non-freedom of speech is an integral part of the nation, as much as The US government does gun ownership.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #1294 on: March 19, 2020, 01:16:29 pm »

Ah, mea culpa on assuming it was probably some obscure racial jab then, we get kinda overloaded with it here so rather than jump to corvid from coronavirus disease 2019 I'm like "wtf, is this some shit where people from one arbitrary part of the world said they were hawks and their chosen 'other' group from an arbitrarily nearby but slightly different part of the world were crows" instantly.
Yeah, it's literally just a corruption of covid into corvid which = crows. It's not exactly fair to crows, like, at all, but it's also the snappiest designation for the disease I've seen so far, involves less non-words than covid (and is less than a pain in the ass to type on a tablet than covid-19 or CoV-SARS-2 or whatever the hell it is), and has less genocide flavor than boomer remover or stuff in that direction. Crow plague rolls off the tongue well, and that's about all that's behind that.

Unless some jackasses somewhere have coopted it to mean something shitty, I guess. Until I hear word of otherwise I'm sticking with crow plague mostly 'cause I like typing it best, and little pleasures are how you weather disasters relatively sane.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #1295 on: March 19, 2020, 01:25:51 pm »

As an American I'm waiting for the first news story about someone getting shot in a grocery store over a package of chips, because some people have already convinced themselves this is the apocalypse and it's now eat or be eaten.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

TamerVirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Who cares
    • View Profile
« Reply #1296 on: March 19, 2020, 01:30:45 pm »

Some guy got stabbed with a broken wine bottle in a Georgia Costco a week ago.
They were fight over bottled water
What can mysteriously disappear can mysteriously reappear
*Shakes fist at TamerVirus*

mko

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1297 on: March 19, 2020, 01:43:04 pm »

She also thinks this pandemic will "wipe out everybody"
Dammit, why people have two state mind? "nothing happening" or "we will all die". The same as with global warming, both are completely idiotic.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #1298 on: March 19, 2020, 01:52:00 pm »

Ah, mea culpa on assuming it was probably some obscure racial jab then, we get kinda overloaded with it here so rather than jump to corvid from coronavirus disease 2019 I'm like "wtf, is this some shit where people from one arbitrary part of the world said they were hawks and their chosen 'other' group from an arbitrarily nearby but slightly different part of the world were crows" instantly.
Yeah, it's literally just a corruption of covid into corvid which = crows. It's not exactly fair to crows, like, at all, but it's also the snappiest designation for the disease I've seen so far, involves less non-words than covid (and is less than a pain in the ass to type on a tablet than covid-19 or CoV-SARS-2 or whatever the hell it is), and has less genocide flavor than boomer remover or stuff in that direction. Crow plague rolls off the tongue well, and that's about all that's behind that.

Raven Flu is better
Love, scriver~

McTraveller

• Bay Watcher
  • This text isn't very personal.
    • View Profile

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #1300 on: March 19, 2020, 02:59:23 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
There's two kinds of performance reviews: the one you make they don't read, the one they make whilst they sharpen their daggers
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1301 on: March 19, 2020, 03:04:03 pm »

Aw man, who got the double decker coffin?

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1302 on: March 19, 2020, 03:14:47 pm »

Mom is self quarantining after her doctor told her to.  Since I partially take care of her and she can't quarantine if I'm not.  I called into work and told my boss I had to quarantine, boss refused to allow it.  I responded by taking one last trip out of the house to hand over my store keys and uniform.

I guess I'm unemployed now, yay?
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1303 on: March 19, 2020, 03:21:10 pm »

Mom is self quarantining after her doctor told her to.  Since I partially take care of her and she can't quarantine if I'm not.  I called into work and told my boss I had to quarantine, boss refused to allow it.  I responded by taking one last trip out of the house to hand over my store keys and uniform.

your boss is an ass

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1304 on: March 19, 2020, 03:24:11 pm »

your boss is an ass
Yeah, that's a case of your boss being an ass. Make sure that you can get confirmation that you're fired, so you can collect assistance as needed.
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.
Pages: 1 ... 85 86 [87] 88 89 ... 459