Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10307 10308 [10309] 10310 10311 ... 10983

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 13171627 times)

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #154620 on: November 30, 2020, 07:24:45 pm »

No sales on ammo this Cyber Monday. The WTF is that I was stupid enough to hope.
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
  • System Lord and Hanslanda lees evil twin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #154621 on: November 30, 2020, 08:13:22 pm »

Dunno what kind of computer periferals you use Shonus, but they seem awesome.
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #154622 on: December 06, 2020, 08:39:39 am »

First of all, wtf is the wtf thread doing on page 2?  :o
Its official, this thread is now dead.  old news.

Secondly, I got a little drunk last night, ate a little too much.  Woke up and 6 32oz water bottles were drained.  I went sack happy on the water, it seems....
I also woke up to this on my monitor:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h1BsKIP4uYM&ab_channel=Heilung

Its . . . not bad, its just that usually when I watch something weird, high-concept, or niche its because somebody from this site sends it my way...  but I dont know about this.  Was this one of you guys?
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #154623 on: December 06, 2020, 09:01:04 am »

Youtube autplay? We are not the only weirdos in the whole internet!
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

Mathel

• Bay Watcher
  • A weird guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #154624 on: December 06, 2020, 09:53:22 am »

It looks like a fusion of a germanic ritual and a concert (which is a ritual of its own, in a way).
I can now expect thing related to this to appear in my things. Perhaps I should run unknown links in incognito mode.
The shield beats the sword.
Urge to drink milk while eating steak wrapped with bacon rising...
Outer planes are not subject to any laws of physics that would prevent them from doing their job.
Better than the heavenly host eating your soul.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #154625 on: December 06, 2020, 10:38:01 am »

It looks like a fusion of a germanic ritual and a concert

I was immediately suspecting that it must be Heilung when I read this description  :P... And I was right (hadn't even looked closely at the URL yet)!

Heilung's great, they make for some really nice workout music at times!

EDIT: Also yeah, the LIFA performance footage has been occasionally trending on YouTube for a while now. It's how I ended up getting introduced to them.

TamerVirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Who cares
    • View Profile
« Reply #154626 on: December 06, 2020, 01:22:22 pm »

First of all, wtf is the wtf thread doing on page 2?  :o
Reality has gotten so unrealistic that there’s nothing to wtf over anymore  :P
What can mysteriously disappear can mysteriously reappear
*Shakes fist at TamerVirus*

methylatedspirit

• Bay Watcher
  • it/its
    • View Profile
« Reply #154627 on: December 07, 2020, 02:43:41 am »

Huh, I'm answering past-semester questions in my English class, and whoever wrote the questions used "they" in the singular. I'm surprised. I thought they'd go straight for "he/she" or "he", but that's a shock. I'm pleased, even if that wasn't the intent. I assume this means I have license to use "they" as singular, since whoever wrote this certainly did.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #154628 on: December 07, 2020, 06:33:56 am »

It's been largely acceptable/accepted, sometimes even preferred (because it explicitly lets you avoid fucking up the gender pronouns in an uncertain/low information scenario), in academic writing since at least when I got my bachelors, which was, uh. Five, six years ago or something? Been a while.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #154629 on: December 07, 2020, 08:18:45 am »

Singular they is grammatically correct and predated the usage of plural they anyways I think. Don't quote me on this though.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #154630 on: December 07, 2020, 08:24:09 am »

Is not "it" more accurate. As an non english native reading they migth confuse things since it express plurality.

Also, I would risk to say that in a low info enviroment in a written test is not offensive, it is simply the way things are.

Thinking a bit more, speaking in third person would be better? "this person propety", "this person chatacteristic"...

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #154631 on: December 07, 2020, 08:29:34 am »

Is not "it" more accurate. As an non english native reading they migth confuse things since it express plurality.
'It' isn't a word you use for people. S'fairly exclusive to objects, and using it as a person pronoun is generally considered either dehumanizing or insulting. They is really the only gender neutral singular pronoun english has for stuff considered to be people, unfortunately (unfortunately 'cause it's also other things, and for all the usage has been around for centuries it's only starting to come back into general use recently).
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #154632 on: December 07, 2020, 08:30:52 am »

Thy sounds way better then!

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #154633 on: December 07, 2020, 11:18:39 am »

'It' isn't a word you use for people. S'fairly exclusive to objects, and using it as a person pronoun is generally considered either dehumanizing or insulting. They is really the only gender neutral singular pronoun english has for stuff considered to be people, unfortunately (unfortunately 'cause it's also other things, and for all the usage has been around for centuries it's only starting to come back into general use recently).
The only people I've known who prefer "It" prefer it specifically because it's dehumanizing, and don't like being human.

ArchAIngel

• Bay Watcher
  • Infested Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #154634 on: December 07, 2020, 03:52:55 pm »

Just call all humans "Meatbag". It's completely viable, and accurately describes everyone!
Pages: 1 ... 10307 10308 [10309] 10310 10311 ... 10983