Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 728 729 [730] 731 732 ... 887

Author Topic: Terraria - 1.3 released. Big Patch!  (Read 1261522 times)

rabidgam3r

• Bay Watcher
  • bruh
    • View Profile
Re: Terraria - 1.2 now out!
« Reply #10935 on: October 22, 2013, 01:24:15 pm »

... is the guide alive when you throw the doll into hell lava?
Yes, yes. It's just a bug, really. Sometimes it doesn't work. My real concern as of now is getting those damn dolls. I have half a mind to edit them in..
Even if he hadn't brought the server down in a ball of flaming, slow-mo gibbing corgis

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #10936 on: October 22, 2013, 01:37:51 pm »

Go to a small pre-hardmode world, drill down to Hell, get as many dolls as you need.
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

lemon10

• Bay Watcher
  • Citrus Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #10937 on: October 22, 2013, 02:15:34 pm »

If you are honestly experiencing bugs that stop your dolls from working, I don't see any problems with cheating them in.
And with a mighty leap, the evil Conservative flies through the window, escaping our heroes once again!
Because the solution to not being able to control your dakka is MOAR DAKKA.

That's it. We've finally crossed over and become the nation of Da Orky Boyz.

Sharp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10938 on: October 22, 2013, 03:18:04 pm »

I think I had a problem once where I died to WoF and then when guide respawned and I threw it in lava nothing happened so I waited for guide to respawn again then saved and exited and then threw it again and WoF spawned.

That was a while ago though, before 1.2 but it might fix any issues you are having.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #10939 on: October 22, 2013, 03:20:05 pm »

is it worth playing hardcore mode, as I have been?  Im most worried about the rarer materials and the life crystals.  But would, say medium core suit me as well?

I suppose I worry about the bosses/hard mode being too hard.  Ive killed up to Skeletron.
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Lightning4

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10940 on: October 22, 2013, 03:21:38 pm »

I finally gave up hunting through all the chests on the world and checked with MoreTerra and discovered there were actually 0 in the world I was in. So yeah. Had to go to another world entirely to get one (and cheat to find out where one was). Apparently there's usually 1-3 per world at most, and this world just happened to have none, so that explains why turning the world upside down was getting me nowhere.

(But yes, I knew they were in chests.)

It sometimes seems chest spawning can be kinda wonky.

I've explored probably 75% of my icy underground and only ever found one ice chest. And it was in a wooden chest room to boot. No random chests laying anywhere else.

I caved and ran MoreTerra... thankfully, I do have some, but really nowhere near as many as you would expect from such a massive biome.

Darkmere

• Bay Watcher
  • Exploding me won't bring back your honey.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10941 on: October 22, 2013, 03:22:14 pm »

is it worth playing hardcore mode, as I have been?  Im most worried about the rarer materials and the life crystals.  But would, say medium core suit me as well?

I wouldn't think so. Seems like in this game all hardcore deaths would get you is more grinding for the same materials you already collected, or pointless trips back to your tombstone AND more grinding.
And then, they will be weaponized. Like everything in this game, from kittens to babies, everything is a potential device of murder.
So if baseless speculation is all we have, we might as well treat it like fact.

Leonon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10942 on: October 22, 2013, 09:11:56 pm »

For hardcore or mediumcore I suggest running a server on your machine and connecting to it in game. That way if you leave the world your items will still be there. This is a little cheaty for hardcore but for mediumcore it lets you close the program, go do something else, and come back later to retrieve your items.

Soadreqm

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm okay with this. I'm okay with a lot of things.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10943 on: October 23, 2013, 03:18:42 am »

I suppose I worry about the bosses/hard mode being too hard.  Ive killed up to Skeletron.

It's TOTALLY worth it. It's a completely different game if a wayward boulder trap can't take all your hard work away in one fell drop. Like playing Nethack in wizard mode or something.

That said, hard mode really might be too hard. Everything up to the Wall of Flesh is certainly doable without dying, if you're sufficiently careful, and there are enough life crystals around that the world is unlikely to actually run out. Once you kill the WoF, though, things get kind of really dangerous. You might want to switch to Mediumcore at that point, at least until you've acquainted yourself with the hard mode enemies and determined how well you can kill them.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #10944 on: October 23, 2013, 03:12:44 pm »

Hardcore hardmode is crazy hard. You can die to almost anything and you can't improve your situation unless you somehow manage to mine out enough of the hardmode ores to make the hardmore armour and drills without dying.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10945 on: October 23, 2013, 03:34:05 pm »

Hardcore hardmode is crazy hard. You can die to almost anything and you can't improve your situation unless you somehow manage to mine out enough of the hardmode ores to make the hardmore armour and drills without dying.

And of course immediately start preparing for any of the hardmode mecha bosses if they decide to randomly pop up and go "Bang! You're dead!"

Sharp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10946 on: October 23, 2013, 04:28:58 pm »

And of course immediately start preparing for any of the hardmode mecha bosses if they decide to randomly pop up and go "Bang! You're dead!"

I think the solution for that is the cowardly but effective 'Exit and Save Game' or runaway till day comes back.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10947 on: October 23, 2013, 04:30:50 pm »

Run away through the hard mode night? You'd be lucky to last five minutes unless you had some sort of mob-proof sky bridge.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Sharp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10948 on: October 23, 2013, 04:47:34 pm »

You can also go down a hellevator and then magic mirror back to the top.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #10949 on: October 23, 2013, 04:53:48 pm »

Also, running away doesn't work against Skeletron Prime...  He doesn't run away when dawn comes, he just goes into instakill mode.
Pages: 1 ... 728 729 [730] 731 732 ... 887