Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 551 552 [553] 554 555 ... 577

Author Topic: Games you wish existed  (Read 926883 times)

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
Re: Games you wish existed
« Reply #8280 on: November 18, 2019, 04:23:22 pm »

Have you seen the Pokemon from Kalos? They have twin swords. Twin. Swords.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8281 on: November 18, 2019, 04:27:31 pm »

And, on-topic, I want a remake of Unlosing Ranger. Maybe I just want a reason to replay it?

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
  • Kringrus! Babak crulurg tingra!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nowherepublishing.com
« Reply #8282 on: November 18, 2019, 06:38:33 pm »

I still stand by the vain hope that in a couple years, valve will roll out a fairly cheap VR new gen of VR, something aimed at finally bringing in the masses, and it'll be launched with Half-Portal 3. What is Half-Portal 3? It's the glorious conclusion Half-Life, presented in full VR in a way that reinvents and defines VR as a medium. It's the only way HL3 can be as big a triumph as HL2 and HL1 was.

I also hope that Gabe Newel gives me a billion dollars.
A thousand million pool balls made from precious metals, covered in beef stock.

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
  • BOOM! Avatar gone! (for now)
    • View Profile
« Reply #8283 on: November 18, 2019, 09:01:55 pm »

Meowth has wares, if you have coin.

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8284 on: November 18, 2019, 09:11:23 pm »

A game I think I'm going to try and program soon, but one I'll probably fail at and lose interest in:

The Artificer

I was playing Skyrim recently when I realized just how boring its enchanting system is. Sure, soul gems are a novel enough concept but the bulk of the mechanics boil down to: disenchant item to learn enchantment, enchant new item with said enchant, ad infinitum. Oblivion and Morrrowind's were somewhat better, but it's still the same with enough variety to keep you from seeing the simple walls of the system.

Instead I wish there was a game about magical craftsmen, artificers, the engineers of the wizarding world. One where crafting depends on the actual runes you carve into your gear, either on a grid based system or via readable .png file.

Various gems and other artifacts could be used as sources of magical charge, or your character could simply generate the magic when they wield the weapon (or wear the armor). Close carving loops create pools of magical energy and straight-aways discharge it, and using this simply magical force/vector system you could apply a number of effects to your gear. You would have to take into account temperature (melting your own armor is a bitch) as well as strike a balance between actually protective plates and highly engraved and encrusted ones (which are more fragile and could be damaged more easily).
« Last Edit: November 18, 2019, 09:14:00 pm by Urist McScoopbeard »
This conversation is getting disturbing fast, disturbingly erotic.

Mathel

• Bay Watcher
  • A weird guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8285 on: November 19, 2019, 08:59:50 am »

I have an idea for you.
Splitting runes into two categories.
A) Drawn: These runes can be added to any currently unenchanted piece of equipment. They do not compromise the structural integrity of the piece, but they themselves degrade over time, losing potency and eventualy disappearing.

B) Imbued: These runes are somehow put into the material of the piece of equipment. Carved into wood or metal, woven into cloth, burned into wood. They decrease the durability, but they last as long as the item. They can only be put in during the creation of the item.
The shield beats the sword.
Urge to drink milk while eating steak wrapped with bacon rising...
Outer planes are not subject to any laws of physics that would prevent them from doing their job.
Better than the heavenly host eating your soul.

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8286 on: November 19, 2019, 09:28:49 am »

You would have to take into account temperature (melting your own armor is a bitch) as well as strike a balance between actually protective plates and highly engraved and encrusted ones (which are more fragile and could be damaged more easily).

I'm not sure what kind of magic you want on your armor where "more fragile" is an acceptable trade-off. That might work for a magic-resistance armor, but if you've got a good enough chance to get hit with melee that you care if your armor is fragile, you want protection against physical damage.

Interesting idea, though. I assume that longer, more intricate runes would be more powerful, to balance with taking up more space?

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8287 on: November 19, 2019, 10:00:13 am »

You would have to take into account temperature (melting your own armor is a bitch) as well as strike a balance between actually protective plates and highly engraved and encrusted ones (which are more fragile and could be damaged more easily).

I'm not sure what kind of magic you want on your armor where "more fragile" is an acceptable trade-off. That might work for a magic-resistance armor, but if you've got a good enough chance to get hit with melee that you care if your armor is fragile, you want protection against physical damage.

Interesting idea, though. I assume that longer, more intricate runes would be more powerful, to balance with taking up more space?

Exactly, also having an intricately engraved piece of armor could prevent you from getting hit AT ALL, but if you run out of charge and take a hammer or pick to the breastplate, the whole thing could fall apart or explode or have all of its power sources knocked loose.
This conversation is getting disturbing fast, disturbingly erotic.

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8288 on: November 19, 2019, 02:48:13 pm »

Retro gaming is doing well. I wish there were a kickstarter by the original Monkey Island writers to make a sequel to Monkey Island 2.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #8289 on: November 19, 2019, 02:53:15 pm »

I actually quite liked Curse, I think they did a really good job of things considering the drastic medium changes from the others in the series.

Hell, I even played through 4, despite the everything... But that was not as well done and I'm fine with leaving it outside to think about what it did wrong.

And then Narwhal came along and I felt like slapping someone.

Sartain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8290 on: November 20, 2019, 04:40:26 pm »

I still stand by the vain hope that in a couple years, valve will roll out a fairly cheap VR new gen of VR, something aimed at finally bringing in the masses, and it'll be launched with Half-Portal 3. What is Half-Portal 3? It's the glorious conclusion Half-Life, presented in full VR in a way that reinvents and defines VR as a medium. It's the only way HL3 can be as big a triumph as HL2 and HL1 was.

I also hope that Gabe Newel gives me a billion dollars.

Obviously, the VR system will be named Porta-life

xaritscin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8291 on: November 24, 2019, 03:13:16 pm »

something of a floating idea i have been getting from some years ago:

an action JRPG inspired in setting by titles like Kingdom Hearts(minus the Square and Disney parts) and Golden Sun(plus some personal references to other works in media, specially from anime). you start with only a single character but as you go along the world(s) and progress in the main story you meet and grab up to 7 more characters to form your party, each one based on a traditional class from typical RPGs of the time and with their own story, objectives and so on.

Abyssmo

• Bay Watcher
  • Professional Goblin
    • View Profile
« Reply #8292 on: November 24, 2019, 06:25:12 pm »

I kinda wish there was some sort of God Simulator type game.
Basically it would be an open sandbox game where you can make your own dimensions and planets and such. On top of that, you can design every dimension however you want. For example you could just make a carbon copy of Earth with nothing changed while in another universe you can make it to where only amphibians survived the extinction of the dinosaurs and millipedes replaced humans.
Speaking of that, you could give sentience and intelligence to literally anything you wanted and choose how advanced it exactly is so you could give a rock such great intelligence that it would be able to create entire cities just by lifting stuff with its mind.
You could even make your own creatures whether it be a species of tigers with viperfish heads or an entirely new thing in general.
But it doesn't end there, you can even choose to control or influence whatever you want and the choices you make with that thing affect the history of that dimension depending on how big the choice is.
For example you could control some alien from halfway across the galaxy and make them go to Earth, making their presence known and advancing the humans technology by millions of years.
Or you could just make terrorist group in china that is lead by a literal tree frog.
I could go on and on about the type of stuff I'd want to see in a game like that but then this would be a LOOOOOOOOONG post.
To sum it all up: pretty much an amalgamation of Dwarf Fortress, Spore, Crusader Kings, Garry's Mod, Starsector, Kenshi... actually now that I think about it, it would probably every single existing game in one depending on how you approach it.
Either way, unless someone were to find a way to actually transcend to the level of a god, I don't think we'll be seeing a game anywhere near that level of choice and depth in the future.
All tunnels lead to Skavenblight

My mods

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #8293 on: November 28, 2019, 03:52:00 am »

I want a multiplayer VR mech simulation to come out, one where players have roles similar to real-life tanks such as gunner, driver, loader and commander.

LOAD AN INCINDIARY SHELL OR SO HELP ME I WILL TURN THIS GIANT ROBOT AROUND
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #8294 on: November 28, 2019, 04:24:18 am »

Crew sims are gaining a little traction in the market, and we've already got prototype stuff like Star Trek Bridge Crew. With VR devs trying to push the limits of the medium, it shouldn't be too unreasonable to expect something like that coming out at some point.

Now, that said... We're still trying to make Steam acknowledge the existence of the "Crew sim" tag, so it's somewhat slow going on that front...
Pages: 1 ... 551 552 [553] 554 555 ... 577