Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Forgotten beasts and forgotten polls. Is there a way to take this down?

I am an option
- 0 (0%)
I am a better option
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: April 20, 2013, 03:45:05 pm

Pages: 1 ... 67 68 [69] 70 71 ... 87

Author Topic: The Forgotten Beast Art Contest 2: Stasno Nokastomsu, A Bloated Towering Ape!  (Read 285428 times)

Argonnek

• Bay Watcher
  • Surging Forward
    • View Profile

This one's extra, I just like that he's called "Ned."

Is it strange that I imagine this as a really nerdy forgotten beast, ostracized by the other beasts for not being vicious-looking enough? I can just see it hiding in its caverns, jealously looking out as the other monsters get to destroy all the fortresses.

Loam

• Bay Watcher
  • a Moal
    • View Profile

That was actually my first reaction as well. Something about the shell and bloated body screamed "socially awkward computer addict."
Thob Goes to the Surface (Adventure Mode story, in progress)

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile

couldn't figure out how to write in a Skin-ny dip comment for Sanene.
so enjoy the idea of of two bleeding skinless towering animals crashing an elvan pool party.
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

Loam

• Bay Watcher
  • a Moal
    • View Profile
Re: The Forgotten Beast Art Contest 2: Sanene and Ned, Skinless Duo
« Reply #1023 on: May 08, 2014, 07:01:39 pm »

So, it's been two weeks... but I'm holding out for more replies. Finals and stuff, I guess?

bmaczero

• Bay Watcher
  • Smokie, Tame Parakeet (On Head)
    • View Profile
    • I make games

Hey all - I was finally feeling bad enough about the bland white style of the archive to do something about it - so I changed it to something a bit of more familiar ;).

Seemed like a good time for a bump, anyway!
The Forgotten Beast Art Archive.  Nightmares 100% guaranteed!

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile

Nice work!

Hm. When exams are over, I might try drawing something. The key word being try-Any thing I've ever drawn has looked like someone had a macabre mood :P
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

GuesssWho

• Bay Watcher
  • A scaly cat. Beware its acidic webs!
    • View Profile

I can't see the descriptions :(
I have no clue what I am doing here.

I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Loam

• Bay Watcher
  • a Moal
    • View Profile

I can't see the descriptions :(
Which is weird, because I used the same site for my avatar, and it shows up just fine...
Whatever, I'll just write them out:

Sanene Slevinamenari, "Sanene Demonfiends"
A towering skinless cavy. It has a pair of knobby antennae and it undulates rhythmically. Beware its deadly spittle!
Associated with depravity and caverns.

Ned, "Ned"
A towering skinless crocodile. It has a square shell and a bloated body. Its eyes glow amber. Beware its deadly blood!
Associated with water, jealousy and caverns.

EDIT: apparently the image host (anonmgur) is "offline." Still doesn't explain why my avatar remains.
« Last Edit: May 29, 2014, 10:37:13 am by Loam »

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile

Why isn't there a Titan version of this thread yet?
My mods and forum games.
Enemy post has claimed the title of Dragonsong the Harmonic of Melodious Exaltion!

ShadowHammer

• Bay Watcher
  • God is love.
    • View Profile

Considering how long it's been since the last submission on this one, I don't think a Titan themed contest would stay afloat for too long.

Speaking of, hows abouts we declare Rumrusher victorious and get a new beastie to draw?

Spish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Why isn't there a Titan version of this thread yet?
Titans are eligible in this thread (as are demons and various other randomly generated beasties), so I don't really see the point.
Ah, yes, I thought something was amiss. Now I see. There's not enough terrible things in the lakes.

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
The Forgotten Beast Art Contest 2: Vous SimplicityDell, Chocolate hair Panda
« Reply #1032 on: June 15, 2014, 03:34:53 am »

Here have a special one on the house a panda titan who was struck down by some dwarf in year 5 and came back(from the dead) smacking weapon racks of skeletons in 32 to eternity.
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

Archereon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

So I have no drawing talent whatsoever, but I recently encountered what might be the most brutal FB possible for the game to generate, and given that it slaughtered my entire fortress, I feel like I have to share this one...

Esnust Buriedmines the Abyssal Echoes was a Forgotten beast. It was the only one of its kind. An great pterosaur composed of steel. It has a gaunt appearance and its eyes glow golden yellow. Beware its deadly dust! Esnust was associated with murder, blight, and caverns.

In a time before time, Esnust began wandering the depths of the world.

Omitted are several pages of its brutally murdering everything in and around my fortress.

Deadly dust was putting things mildly; anyone caught in it pretty much instantly rotted away to nothingness and bled out, and it was more or less immune to everything my dwarves could throw at it by virtue of it being made of steel, up to including the magma from the pump stack it breached, which subsequently flowed down into the depths of my fortress and cooked the unfortunate and smiths below feverishly working to arm the militia with adamantine weapons, reputably (according to the wiki) the only non-cheese way of harming a steel FB. It then proceeded to kill more than a hundred dwarves (including the entirety of my 40 dwarf strong militia), domestic animals, and an entire goblin ambush party without even a scratch, leaving a handful of dwarves who walled themselves into the tree farm, and a few who it just wasn't chasing for some reason.

Reading the wiki, this is pretty much a perfect storm of an FB; steel is the strongest material they can be made of, it has the "nearly instant horrific death" kind of syndrome dust, and is a flyer to boot.
I want to tell you they were bad men, cephalo.  I want to tell you that with a better overseer the Fortress never would've gotten so bad someone would get offed in a pointless fisticuffs.
But the sad truth charlie?
It was inevitable.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile

That is one hell of a forgotten beast to fight in fortress mode. Maybe whoever wins this round will choose that. :P
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.
Pages: 1 ... 67 68 [69] 70 71 ... 87