Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 666 667 [668] 669 670 ... 779

Author Topic: Things that made you mildly upset today thread  (Read 859828 times)

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you mildly upset today thread
« Reply #10005 on: June 13, 2022, 02:55:44 pm »

Had like five customers be rude to me because existing as an autist just pisses them off I guess.  It's borderline daily at this point, and frankly customers just get worse and worse every year I waste in this "career".

I'd go someplace not customer service but HRs' computer algorithm decided no human being should read my resume.  The only escape is the grave.

Have you tried NOT telling them you're Autistic?

It's been over 10 years since I mentioned it to anyone that didn't already know.
You might also try talking less in general.  It scares the crap out of people, and then they bother you less.

MrRoboto75

• Bay Watcher
  • Belongs in the Trash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10006 on: June 13, 2022, 03:11:07 pm »

Had like five customers be rude to me because existing as an autist just pisses them off I guess.  It's borderline daily at this point, and frankly customers just get worse and worse every year I waste in this "career".

I'd go someplace not customer service but HRs' computer algorithm decided no human being should read my resume.  The only escape is the grave.

Have you tried NOT telling them you're Autistic?

It's been over 10 years since I mentioned it to anyone that didn't already know.
You might also try talking less in general.  It scares the crap out of people, and then they bother you less.

I don't tell them, they just know I'm different and apparently it disgusts them enough to go out of their way to make my life worse on a daily basis.

I've tried speaking less, guess what they hate that too.  I've tried speaking more, guess what they ignore it and either don't listen or talk over me even louder. 
I consume
I purchase
I consume again

None

• Bay Watcher
  • Forgotten, but not gone
    • View Profile
« Reply #10007 on: June 13, 2022, 03:34:51 pm »

Bit my cheek a week ago

The agitated cheek is still swollen

'cuz i keep biting it

'cuz it's still swollen

my

face

hurts

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #10008 on: June 13, 2022, 03:59:19 pm »

time to get a ball gag so you can't bite your cheek anymore

... i think they actually make like non-recreational aids for dealing with stuff like that, too? Might be worth looking into.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10009 on: June 13, 2022, 05:57:13 pm »

I don't tell them, they just know I'm different and apparently it disgusts them enough to go out of their way to make my life worse on a daily basis.

I've tried speaking less, guess what they hate that too.  I've tried speaking more, guess what they ignore it and either don't listen or talk over me even louder. 

Do not take it personally, they're not disgusted by you in particular. The most personal you could make it is to assume they identified you as low in the pecking order and are abusing that fact (which still puts them in a worse light than you) - but honestly - you have seen them walk around, they do not overthink everything the same way an autist does.

I just feel for you, I've adopted many personas, and I might even be somewhat talented in fooling myself and others, but today made it once again painfully clear that you can't walk off autism. Fuck I can't even understand a word with enough background chatter and some reverb. Not that I have ever been diagnosed but I really identify with the resting bitchface idea you keep bringing up.
let

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #10010 on: June 14, 2022, 02:45:20 am »

The Whisky War has officially ended.

Mixed feelings...

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #10011 on: June 14, 2022, 03:24:20 am »

This saddens me
Love, scriver~

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #10012 on: June 14, 2022, 06:15:37 am »

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Designated_hitter

The designated hitter (DH) is a baseball player who bats in place of another position player, most commonly the pitcher. The position is authorized by Major League Baseball Rule 5.11.[2] It was adopted by the American League in 1973 and later by the National League in 2022, making it universal in MLB.[3] Within that time frame, nearly all amateur, collegiate, and professional leagues have adopted the rule or some variant[4] with the notable exception of Nippon Professional Baseball's Central League.[5]

I cant believe they made it a rule in 2022.
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

McTraveller

• Bay Watcher
  • This text isn't very personal.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10013 on: June 14, 2022, 06:35:33 am »

Wow holy cow I'm behind on baseball.  I didn't realize the NL now has designated hitter!

voliol

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Website
« Reply #10014 on: June 23, 2022, 03:27:38 am »

My old USB-drive died today (or today I found out). Not too much of a problem since I've kept semi-regular backups, and have other drives, but still a little sad to see that almost 10-year old bugger go. Also lost some in-game year of Dwarf Fortress, but that has happened before.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10015 on: June 24, 2022, 01:48:50 am »

Are you gonna give it a proper Viking funeral?
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #10016 on: June 24, 2022, 01:40:48 pm »

A friend brought his friend round a few weeks back. We talked for a few hours, had a good time. I added her on instagram.

Few weeks later she initiates a conversation, responding to one of my stories. (Apparently she'd been working at the venue I was in). We've been messaging for a week or so. It seems fairly flirtatious to me.

But she's also mentioned a few times her desire to move to Manchester (across the Irish Sea, in other words.)

Which is something of a dampner on things  :-X
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #10017 on: June 24, 2022, 02:49:16 pm »

What’s wrong with Manchester?

The way the Tories and DUP go on about it, NI is a hellhole (or will be) because of the protocol.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
  • And lo, the Dude did abide. And it was good.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10018 on: June 24, 2022, 03:03:23 pm »

Why are you like this, Dwarfy? Why don't you want a low commitment shag?

bloop_bleep

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10019 on: June 24, 2022, 03:19:24 pm »

Breaking hearts and making incels left and right.
Quote from: KittyTac
The closest thing Bay12 has to a flamewar is an argument over philosophy that slowly transitioned to an argument about quantum mechanics.
Quote from: thefriendlyhacker
The trick is to only make predictions semi-seriously.  That way, I don't have a 98% failure rate. I have a 98% sarcasm rate.
Pages: 1 ... 666 667 [668] 669 670 ... 779