Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7998 7999 [8000] 8001 8002 ... 8158

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 8847570 times)

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #119985 on: May 11, 2021, 02:24:57 pm »

...and this is why I'm always really, really, really nice to anyone in government, private sector, or generally has to put up with the general public for a living.  Well, I try.

Sorry life sucks.  Also cops are useless.  I could handle my life's shit a lot better if Eggdog music was playing...

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #119986 on: May 11, 2021, 06:38:32 pm »

If its any consolation my stress is keeping me from sleeping AND giving me horrible rashes

I was wondering if stress could cause what was becoming a nigh-constant eye twitch. Given it cleared up after my essay-binge, I suspect so.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #119987 on: May 11, 2021, 07:55:52 pm »

Saw my godmother at the end.  She wont lay back, she panics all the time about her back pain and lungs, she has terrible swelling and water on the legs, and she keeps spasming.  She's not incredibly lucid, and while she does respond to touch, she's 'declining' as everyone is putting it.  the plan seems to be to let her die of dehydration.

*sigh*  I may or may not volunteer to stay up at her place all night to watch over her.
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #119988 on: May 11, 2021, 08:07:44 pm »

My wife is and has been cheating on me. I've seen evidence and confronted her twice but she keeps acting like she has done nothing wrong.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

None

• Bay Watcher
  • Forgotten, but not gone
    • View Profile
« Reply #119989 on: May 11, 2021, 11:08:47 pm »

Augh, fuck, shit, Hans. Goddamn shit fuck, pisskop. I'm gonna wish you both endless wellsprings of patience and fortitude, because christ on a bicycle, sounds like things are gonna get topsy-turvy.

Stay clean, Hans.

delphonso

• Bay Watcher
  • menaces with spikes of pine
    • View Profile
« Reply #119990 on: May 12, 2021, 03:21:56 am »

Good luck to both of you in these tough times.

McTraveller

• Bay Watcher
  • This text isn't very personal.
    • View Profile
« Reply #119991 on: May 12, 2021, 07:40:30 am »

We are here for you, pisskop and Hans.  Not gonna try to offer words, just presence.

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
  • System Lord and Hanslanda lees evil twin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #119992 on: May 14, 2021, 11:32:40 am »

My more evil twin! I'll copy what McTraveller said. Same for Pisskop. At moment like this words might be meaningless and annoying, but if feel like we are here for you for as little or much you can find help in that.
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #119993 on: May 14, 2021, 07:33:26 pm »

That's a whole lot of awfulness all at once... That's horrifying. And yes, we're all here for you.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #119994 on: May 14, 2021, 09:48:34 pm »

I want you to imagine my sad that obscure gaming osts can cost $75 or more.
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #119995 on: May 15, 2021, 04:02:01 am »

I want you to imagine my sad that obscure gaming osts  that you can find in youtube in 5 minutes can cost $75 or more.
There's two kinds of performance reviews: the one you make they don't read, the one they make whilst they sharpen their daggers
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #119996 on: May 15, 2021, 11:43:02 am »

Meanwhile I'm pleasantly surprised that a "full" copy of Rez is only $40-60 on ebay, apparently!  And sad because I'm still hemming and hawing over that cost (shipping, to be fair).

I'm fricking full-on dissociating again and that's not good.  I take full responsibility for what I do drunk - but it's to the level of another person again, and that's... understandable, given the current situation, but extremely concerning.

I do have a support network I guess, but drunk-me is the one going to them.  Again, not great, and frankly unhelpful for me.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Robot Parade Leader

• Bay Watcher
  • Well, go on ... parade!
    • View Profile
« Reply #119997 on: May 16, 2021, 05:48:46 pm »

Weird family situation:

I am an adult and thankfully pretty independent from my parents. I have a home, car, and phone that has nothing to do with them. They have tons of drama and what little connection I have with them has them dragging me back into that.

My mom and dad are older, and they were quite abusive and the family is pretty broken up. We don't talk much at all. 90% of us cannot see each other or even spend holidays together. I do come around to see my parents, but not a whole lot. I guess dad has been having some memory problems. He's over 70. Sometimes he has what I am calling word finding difficulty (he does not remember what things are called sometimes), remembering the name of some things. I've been told a doctor said he can still drive, etc.

My parents seem to have known about this memory situation for a year and told me nothing. My one older adult sister, seems to have been filled in, between her hitting them up for money. My mom knows of and seems to be ok with her doing this. Whatever. It's just odd, and I'm slightly worried she's exploiting them a bit. I was kept in the dark on all of this, and she seems to keep getting "loans," and one of my parents seems to be having memory issues. Also I told my dad not to make her the executor of his will and have his lawyer do it instead. I just flat out told him "I'm getting sick of saying I told you so," because guess what, she's the executor on the will. Only like, weeks ago did I get any information on my dad's medical condition. I didn't ask for any of it either....

My dad calls me a few minutes ago, says he's seeing a physician tomorrow. He did not make the appointment. He does not know if it is a psychologist, neurologist, or whatever, but he seems nervous/irritable. When explaining why, he states it is because he has been inside and unable to go anywhere from COVID for a year. Before, he always kept busy and active dealing with various car things. COVID basically killed that off. My mother is, frankly, untrustworthy. My dad has repeatedly talked of leaving her, and she him. This lovely scenario is possibly coming to a head, because dad seems to think she's trying to gain more control over money. She's been keeping the books for them, but frankly, she's done a bad job of that in the past.

Again, I have been told nothing about this until very recently. I have no idea what to tell dad. He is worried about speaking with the physicians concerning his memory issues. I do not know how severe things are. Last week I was told by my mom and dad that he was ok in the memory department, and a CT did not show anything bad.

So, dramatic, abusive family gives conflicting result information (memory problems and BAD, then switches to "not so bad"), and its always fun to be thrown into a possible divorce situation (Assuming he's not just talking again, or even could/would leave her). I know there aren't any lawyers here (T seems to be pretty gone and I can't seem to get her to come back), and I don't think that'd work out anyhow.

What the hell do I do emotionally, and otherwise to process this?
Mom and sister are possibly being sneaky, and/or stupid? Possible financial exploitation? Possible inappropriate influence? Possible real memory issues with dad vs. he's stressed like hell from quarantining through COVID. All of this with possibility of their divorce (seems they've talked about this a couple times over the last year).

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #119998 on: May 16, 2021, 06:17:48 pm »

I'm pretty sure that Truean is/was on the LGBT B12 Discord. Try PMing Tiruin and see if she can rassle her up for you.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #119999 on: May 16, 2021, 10:47:52 pm »

Also I told my dad not to make her the executor of his will and have his lawyer do it instead.

Most lawyers WON'T do that.  Which means somebody else has to do it.  You can see how that fell apart.  If you only have one option that is lousy, that option get selected.
Frankly, you either talk your dad into making you the executor, or leave it alone.  And its harder now, since there exists one Will where your sister is the executor.

For more awful, research Power of Attorney and Health Care Proxy.

What the hell do I do emotionally, and otherwise to process this?
Mom and sister are possibly being sneaky, and/or stupid? Possible financial exploitation? Possible inappropriate influence? Possible real memory issues with dad vs. he's stressed like hell from quarantining through COVID. All of this with possibility of their divorce (seems they've talked about this a couple times over the last year).

Realize its their money, their problems, and move on with your life.  You're independent, right? So stay independent and let their problems remain their problems and not your problems.  Various family members will bother you periodically.  You politely listen to them, then explain firmly that it is not your problem.

If your dad is abusive in any way, becoming another "Person of influence" just means he'll manipulate you, your sister, and your mother to get whatever he wants.

Priority answer (this contradicts the above, but it sounds like you really want to know to some degree what is going on): Go with your dad to the doctors.  In that way, you'll be able to ask him in front of the doctor if the doctor can share info with you, and you might get some sort of semi-reliable info from the doctor.  Otherwise the doctor can't say anything to you.  Bracing time: It looks BAD.  Good luck.
Pages: 1 ... 7998 7999 [8000] 8001 8002 ... 8158