Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 109

Author Topic: Mission 12: The Defense of Hephaestus: Don't taunt the dice.  (Read 212076 times)

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
Re: Mission 12: The Defense of Hephaestus
« Reply #45 on: February 23, 2014, 08:31:18 pm »

T. nods, and looks around.

Seeing nothing that really shouts 'landing place, he looks back to Deznel with a' "I dunno, bury one somewhere?" shrug.
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: February 23, 2014, 09:07:00 pm »

T. nods, and looks around.

Seeing nothing that really shouts 'landing place, he looks back to Deznel with a' "I dunno, bury one somewhere?" shrug.
"Okay then, you might as well find a good place a GOOD DISTANCE AWAY to bury one. Grab someone to go with you and do that. You can bury the other one if you want. Personally, I would suggest placing them to either side of the gas pillar so that we have a harder time being flanked."
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: February 23, 2014, 11:37:58 pm »

Team E

Teal nods, nudges Gorat with his elbow, and trots off to Bury a satchel charge in the field to the right side of the mustard gas pillar.
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

renegadelobster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: February 23, 2014, 11:45:05 pm »

Thaddeus-Team E "Aye-Aye" Grunt

I say we use the mustard gas pillar, force them to go through it if possible boss.
Well, it only hates Linux for now. If we could condition it to hate computer viruses, than hooray! Free, brutal virus protection! Unless you have Linux!

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: February 24, 2014, 08:24:11 am »

Team G "Cassowary" (Reserve) - Milno "Honey Badger" Enedrasi - Leader

Fully enclosed in his characteristic armor and prepared to jump into the fray at a moment's notice, Milno put a hand behind his head and checked the wristpad on his other arm. His the faceplate of his ancient bronze-colored helmet was down both because he wanted and possibly because near-strangers were much more likely to follow the orders of a faceless leader than those of a not particularly reliably-looking teenager.

@Team: "I'm going to go find a vantage point. Make sure I can see what's going on around here, be able to see whoever needs help and be able to get there quickly. Anybody wants a ride? Any objections team leader?"

"Nah, you can go check things outside but remember the reserve team's job isn't playing the hero on a whim. Don't get yourself killed before you're actually needed somewhere critical."

Miya then contacts Milno: "Hey, I need you to post either a sod sniper squad, or maybe a few of your troops, at the upper right bunker. Just so we have something there."

"Sure. Sending just a sniper squad unless someone feels like taking up guard duty with them. Heads up, the old man in a battlesuit said he wanted to perch somewhere to look useful and I let him."

Send a sod sniper squad to the upper right bunker with instructions to report the situation every now and then and any anomalies as soon as they are noticed.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2014, 08:37:53 am by Caellath »
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: February 24, 2014, 09:37:25 am »

Gorat 'Chin' Ivanos, Team E "Aye-Aye"

Follow Teal.

Spoiler: Gorat 'Chin' Ivanos (click to show/hide)
Direforged Original
Random Raw Scripts - Randomly generated Beasts , Vermin, Hags, Vampires, and Civilizations
Castle Otu

WhitiusOpus

• Bay Watcher
  • Pro-radiation Lobbyist
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: February 24, 2014, 12:29:46 pm »

Team H - "Lemming"

Marcius idles for now. Waiting. Waaaiiitiiinnnggg.

for now, standby orders to Reinforce wherever we are hard pressed.

Spoiler: Marcius Quicksheet (click to show/hide)
Quote from: The Froggy Ninja
Young Masches: Fetch yonder blade!
Masches grabs his "sword." Navi gasps. Her aura flushes a pinkish hue and she flies out the window.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #52 on: February 24, 2014, 03:03:12 pm »

IN ORDER TO SAVE TIME, IF YOUR ACTION IS JUST TO MOVE WHERE YOU'RE SUPPOSED TO BE, I'M JUST GONNA QUOTE YOU  TO SHOW THAT I SEE THE ACTION, BUT THATS IT. I don't think either of us wants to see me write "You walk to where you need to be" 50 times.

Jack Hansan, Pilot of ThunderTron, Team B Second-in-Command, Heading for rally point.

Drive ThunderTron to designated rally point.

Dominika hoists her rifle across her back as she begins to move to the rally point, looking for Auron to pair with as she did so.
As she moves, she pops an email to the rest of her squad.
Quote from: Dominika>Blobfish Squad
Don't worry about me vaporizing everyone, I hate getting vaporized as much as the next guy; I'll be careful. As for my loadout, I've got a microwave amp and a laser rifle. I shoot people and I will fry people from as far away as I can.
We'll assume you can find him. Shouldn't be hard.

((Not entirely sure... Xantalos pretty much attached me to a team, do I still come here?))
Yes

((Reposting action from the other thread))
Team G, Anton Chernozorov, engineer. Main hangar area.

Anton makes sure that the Party Wagon and the Black Death are ready to take off whenever they need to. Then reports to Milno for further orders.

((Ship names and stats reminder, for PW and everyone else:
The Southern Cross: the assault ship/modified space tug. Four laser cannons, PD lasers, and heavy armor.
The Party Wagon: the hot-dropship/modified Courier. 8 cutting laser turrets and two fusion missiles. Assigned to Mobile Reserve.
The Black Death: the "kill button" flying plasma cannon/modified Blackship. High speed, massive shipbuster plasma cannon, six shots. Only for emergency use.
Tweedledee: the standard hauler ship. Two cutting laser turrets. Unassigned, free for use.
Tweedledum: the (almost) FTL modified hauler ship. Two cutting laser turrets. Unassigned, free for use.
The Merchant: the cargo transport ship, unmodified, noncombat. Will likely be used for salvage ops after battle.))

Anton Chernozorov's reference sheet
They're as prepped as they can be, though they'll all need at least a minute to do final takeoff procedures and launch.

REPOST:
Maurice Sanctor - Team D "Marabou" Medic

Finishing the e-mail to Simus, Maurice left his research terminal and hurried off to suit up and gather equipment.
The familiar excitement of 'Corps assignment, I missed it so much.
To the Team D rally point!
Prepare to do math. Complex math, lots of it.

((@GM I don't suppose I managed to synthesize any meaningful amount of that substance, did i?))

We'll say you have 1 can of it.

You practice your long division.
((LET'S MAKE A THREAD FOR EVERY TEAM! WOO WE HAVE OUR OWN SUB-BOARD!!

Hmm... We could possibly make a thread for Defense, Assault, Boarding and Reserves though.))

I was considering it honestly.
Repost
Jack Catar soldier -Team B, Platypus in transit to rally point
Jack grabs his gear and heads to the bunker while typing on the wristpad.  Its go time.
Quote from: Jack Catar to team Platypus (Pancaek, Steve Saint, Stacy, other Jack)
I have a Mk 1 suit, a longsword, and a laser rifle.  I have decent training in conventional weaponry.  In theory I can use unconventional and exotic weaponry, but I wouldn't try it.
Head to the team B rally point
Repost.
Team D "Marabou"

Felix, having already gotten his equipment in order this morning, heads to his team's rally point.

(The Man-Nip is in his locker, along with his tokens. The rest of 'his' possessions are with him.)
Team D "Marabou"

"Oh great, I get the team with religious nuts..." Felix mumbled to himself, off-radio.

Spoiler: Felix Grant Loadout (click to show/hide)
Team F: Blobfish

"Right, you heard the brain! Auron, Dominika, Lerman, Xan, assemble at the rally point. Since we have some newbies, I'm gonna pair ya off. Dominika, you're with Auron, Lerman, you're with me. Xan, take whatever form suits your fancy, and go easy on the amps. Don't want you vaporising us. Same with you Dominika. Miyamoto, anywhere in particular you want us to go?"

Get the team together at the rally point, and make sure we got all the Sods too. If Miyamoto has a specific area in mind for us, get the team moving in that direction.

((It begins.))

Team B - Platypus!

Be where I'm supposed to be, wearing space suit and brandishing High Energy Projector menacingly. There will be blood and whatnot.

Team G (Reserve) - Flint Westwood - Flying Heavy Soldier

Flint instinctively looked up, half expecting the drop pods to fall on him any second.
It was good while it lasted.
He ran back to Gilgamesh, patting him on his leg affectionately before getting in, the hatch closing behind him as he typed on the keyboard.

Ask Steve: "Any ideas about what they know? Is this a scouting party or an assault force? I'm asking because I want to know how we'll approach this. Should we wait a bit and ambush them once they're spread out or attack the moment we see them? Any idea where they'll land?"

He looked at his teammates and used the thumb of the hand of the battlesuit that was still usable to point at himself.
@Team: "I'm going to go find a vantage point. Make sure I can see what's going on around here, be able to see whoever needs help and be able to get there quickly. Anybody wants a ride? Any objections team leader?"

Unless the team leader objects, fly to a nearby high point from which I can keep an eye on as much of the surrounding area as possible. Take anyone who requests a ride.
Just gonna put you where you're supposed to be for now.

>Size indicates it's not an assault, at least not yet. We're gonna handle it by letting me shoot it out of the sky. 

Team B "Platypus" Medic, Steve Saint

REPOSTS

Saint sat on the edge of his bunk and silently listened to Miyamoto's speech.  After it completes, he heaved a deep sigh and hung his head for several seconds.  When he raised his face, it had a determined scowl.

He got up, and started walking towards the hanger to suit up while typing a message out on his wristpad.

Quote from: From Steve Saint to Team Platypus (Pancaek, Stacy and both Jacks)
This is Steve Saint, reporting in.  Everyone, this is your wake up alarm, let's get to the southern bunker now.  That means you too Jack, you don't get special priority just because you're in a battle bot.

After Steve suits up, he quickly heads to the armory and quickly buys an emergency kit.  Then he heads to the southern bunker and begins inspecting it- making sure the strange machine he got for christmas is still there, and connecting his wristpad to the cameras.  Finally, he charges a dynamic AUX bonus. 

After he finishes with his inspection, he texts Miyamoto.

Quote from: Steve Saint to Miyamoto De Bergerac
Your speech mentioned limiting communications between teams, to keep our channels clear.  However, you are a frontline combatant, AND our senior tactical advisor; I would think it prudent to select someone to be mission control, so that they can listen to all the chatter and filter the important tactical information to you.

Of course I recommend myself, as I'm team Platypus' medic, and we're manning the heaviest defenses- I have very little that I have to do.  But even if you don't want me, I really think you should consider appointing someone to the position.
Quote from: Steve Saint to Platypus team (Pancaek, Both Jacks, and Stacy)
I am currently equipped with a standard MKI suit, a Sub-Exoskeleton Model C "Confidence", and an emergency kit.  Nothing more.

As far as combat skills, I have none.  I am very skilled with computer systems and medical aid however.  Also, I may be able to reprogram my exoskeleton to allow me to fire conventional weapons, although that program has not been extensively tested and is therefore potentially dangerous.

Also, I have moved the strange device I received for Christmas into the bunker.  It has not been tested, however I believe it is an area of effect weapon; it may be prudent to activate it if enemies overrun our position.
Bought, verified, and place taken.

Team C, Canglerfish
Stick to Miyamoto until actual combat starts.

Go find Anglerfish team and get ready to KICK SOME MOTHERBLEEPING ARSE.
"Hi, who are you?"
Denzel- Team E, "Aye-Aye" Leader

Move out to the team E bunker, wearing my Mk1 and carrying my combi-weapon, monoatomic sword, cutlass, brass knuckles, and extra laser rifle. Drop the extra laser rifle in the bunker for anyone who needs it. Also, in my year-long action, I asked to buy a microwave manipulator, but only if the manipulator would use Uncon, and if it used INT instead, I asked to buy a microwave amp instead. Which one did I buy?

As he moves out, Denzel composes a message to his team and sends it out. "Hello there, team Aye-Aye, or as I'll be calling you guys, team E. As you probably know, I'm Denzel, your team leader. I'm going to need to know what exactly you can do and what you have. If we work together and don't kill each other, we might just make it through this.

This is a repost, just for the record.
Manipulators use uncon and int for "ammo" So you bought that.

Reposting. Team G member.

Jim hangs out wherever Team G is supposed to be, because it looks like Miyamoto plunked us in the area that got nuked. I could be wrong.

Don't worry, thats been paved over and replaced with a park. Very little radiation. You'll be fine.
Gear up with the MK2, cutting torch and gauss pistol + ammo, and proceed to the blobfish rally point.

Spoiler: Inventory (click to show/hide)

Team A; "Ostrich" - Charles, Team A Second-in-Command - Hephaestus HQ Chokepoint 2

Charles deploys his turret in a concealed location that could cover as much of the area as possible while still remaining behind cover, it is loaded with the ClF3 magazine. He equips his arm cannon if he can do so and sill operate the turret. He also gives access for Team A units and, if allowed, Team G and Steve to remotely control the turret as well. He goes into a different piece of cover away from his turret.

Quote from: Charles>Team A; "Ostrich"
You all should access to my turret as well now, you may control it through your wristpads but please only do so if you are experienced with conventional weapons. It uses rounds designed for area denial, so please try to avoid collateral damage when using them. I fear that I can do little should they get to my location, so don't expect to rely on me. That being said, I will attempt to hold them off if they arrive here.

Spoiler: Charles Quicksheet (click to show/hide)

Various gunwork done and and done.

Repost
Team F Blobfish

Xan awaits from the hibernation he'd put himself in for the remaining time.

So it begins. Once more into the fray, it would appear.

Suit up with my equipment, head over to the rally point.

Provided we survive, Morul, I expect you to deliver me the token you owe me.

((It wouldn't be too incongruous to assume I'm still the dragon thing, right?))

Spoiler: Xan Quicksheet (click to show/hide)
Head to armory and buy a standard gauss clip.

Rendezvous at Team F rally point, pair up with dominika.

Spoiler: inventory (click to show/hide)

((@pw: The bullets worked fine, it was my stake thrower that didnt live up to expectations.))
Bought and walked.
Reposted from the other thread.
Team D

Make sure I got all my stuff back from Auron. Get six molotovs and a roll of duct tape from the armory. Join Felix at the rally point. Smoke a bluesmoke.
Spoiler: Team D: Dubley Loadout (click to show/hide)

Walked and smoked and such

--repost from other thread--

Team B - en route to team C bunker

Pancaek start heading outside, mentally making an email. ((have I ever said how cool I find it that robobieded poeple don't need to type on their wristpad to send mails? ))

Quote from: Pancaek -> Stacy, both jacks, and steve saint
Allright platypus squad, gather at our rally point, the bunker just south of the battery defences.

I also want an overview of what equipment you currently have and what you can bring to the table skill-wise. In jack's case, I want to know what kind of weapons clunkbot has.

And remember what General De Bergerac said, no nagging his ear off. If you've got a problem, you can comm me.

Make haste for Team B rally point in the bunker. Assess distance from the laser defences to the bunker. While I'm going there, inspect the steve-bot. Also, see if I can smuggle the gauss pistol and the extra guass clips out of the briefcase from last mission.

Walked
Steve bots aren't terribly visible from here, just glints of chrome and a hot point of flame zipping around in the air above the base.

Also no.

Brother Lars - Team D Leader

As he moved out to the Team D rally point, Lars addressed his teammates.  "Gentlemen, the time we have prepared for is nigh.  Brother Maurice- I have worked with you enough to know and trust you.  You shall take command if I fall.  By the good grace of Steve, we are now well and truly ready for anything.  Under the leadership of his saintly generals, we will repel this attack.  By the saving hands of Algis, may we be safe.  May Vo-nos guide our feet and blades and Ingram deliver our bullets.  May Pathmas ever be in our favor, and all praises to the Most Glorious Steve.  Amen."

He then sends out a message to the rest of the team leaders.

Quote from: To Team Leaders
Fellow team leaders,

I have appointed Brother Maurice as my second in command, in case something should happen to me.  May he lead with the Grace of Steve if required.

Move to rally point for Team D.

Team D fellows: Mind giving a quick synopsis of your gear/skills so I know what we're ready for?  Something like this:

Spoiler: Lars Loadout (click to show/hide)

((repost))
Go find 'Team B' and join them as I am the lonely post-human unpicked for the teams.
Skylar - Team C, Support :: Moving to Bunker C

Moving to the bunker, boss.

To bunker C!
Lyra, Team G, Cassowary

Regroup with Feyri and Jim

Denzel- Team E, "Aye-Aye" Leader

Move out to the team E bunker, wearing my Mk1 and carrying my combi-weapon, monoatomic sword, cutlass, brass knuckles, and extra laser rifle. Drop the extra laser rifle in the bunker for anyone who needs it. Also, in my year-long action, I asked to buy a microwave manipulator, but only if the manipulator would use Uncon, and if it used INT instead, I asked to buy a microwave amp instead. Which one did I buy?

As he moves out, Denzel composes a message to his team and sends it out. "Hello there, team Aye-Aye, or as I'll be calling you guys, team E. As you probably know, I'm Denzel, your team leader. I'm going to need to know what exactly you can do and what you have. If we work together and don't kill each other, we might just make it through this.

This is a repost, just for the record.
"Gorat Ivanos. Microwave amp, Mk II suit, and laser rifle. Also a strange suit with untested button, and voices of former HMRC members in my head, both courtesy of Nyars. Which reminds me, this is a trigger for my shock implant in case I endanger the mission."

Do wear that suit under the MK II. If something hits me in the chest, I'm likely screwed anyway. Report to Denzel, give him the shock trigger.

Worn, reported, given

Miyamoto has graciously divided you all up into teams
With all the grace and style of a bureaucratic accountant.

Miyamoto, Team C leader, running to bunker.
Spoiler: Miya quicksheet (click to show/hide)

Miya action: run towards our designated bunker. Check out the new naginata.

Your speech mentioned limiting communications between teams, to keep our channels clear.  However, you are a frontline combatant, AND our senior tactical advisor; I would think it prudent to select someone to be mission control, so that they can listen to all the chatter and filter the important tactical information to you.

Of course I recommend myself, as I'm team Platypus' medic, and we're manning the heaviest defenses- I have very little that I have to do.  But even if you don't want me, I really think you should consider appointing someone to the position.

"A very valid point. however, I didn't pick a specific second-in-command because I consider Steve to be our mission control, and that he'd handle stuff like directing artillery fire or providing intell to the right people. If I really had to choose someone for something like this Simus seems to be in the best position for it, being in the command center already.

But I do like it when people show constructive initiative, so if the other teams don't maintain radio discipline then I'll contact you to help with that."

Right... Miyamoto, do you want a transport on site at bunker C? Or should I just gather up the kid and meet you there?
Miya, while running to his starting position, replied to the question of his teammate:
"Just walk there and take the rest of our squad with you. We don't know where they'll land yet, and we might need the ships for ferrying other teams around."

((Not entirely sure... Xantalos pretty much attached me to a team, do I still come here?))
Yep, you got drafted into team C, so just follow Miya or something to get to your position.
Sean ship snip
Very handy, added to wiki mission page. Or I would, if wikia weren't in maintenance mode right now.

Miyamoto, anywhere in particular you want us to go?
"Not yet, just head to your designated starting position. We'll have to wait and see what the UWM does next before we can respond."

Miya then contacts Milno: "Hey, I need you to post either a sod sniper squad, or maybe a few of your troops, at the upper right bunker. Just so we have something there."

Basically the same as the old one, just the blade has been flattened and a monoatomic razor type filament has been affixed instead of the normal cutting surface.
Dern, team E

You need things punch, boss? I punch with mighty fist. Can also shoot things with giant kapow slugger if punch not suited.

Follow team leader, making fisticuff motons.
Team G "Cassowary" (Reserve) - Milno "Honey Badger" Enedrasi - Leader

Fully enclosed in his characteristic armor and prepared to jump into the fray at a moment's notice, Milno put a hand behind his head and checked the wristpad on his other arm. His the faceplate of his ancient bronze-colored helmet was down both because he wanted and possibly because near-strangers were much more likely to follow the orders of a faceless leader than those of a not particularly reliably-looking teenager.

"Nah, you can go check things outside but remember the reserve team's job isn't playing the hero on a whim. Don't get yourself killed before you're actually needed somewhere critical."

"Sure. Sending just a sniper squad unless someone feels like taking up guard duty with them. Heads up, the old man in a battlesuit said he wanted to perch somewhere to look useful and I let him."

Send a sod sniper squad to the upper right bunker with instructions to report the situation every now and then and any anomalies as soon as they are noticed.
Sod squad sent to (which letter is that?) bunker.

Follow Teal.

Team H - "Lemming"

Marcius idles for now. Waiting. Waaaiiitiiinnnggg.

for now, standby orders to Reinforce wherever we are hard pressed.

Spoiler: Marcius Quicksheet (click to show/hide)

A few empty minutes pass as nothing happens. Eventually, out toward the north, near C team's bunker, the laser battery rotates in it's gimbal and focuses on some point in the sky. It holds there for an instant, precise motors jerking the laser back and forth by fractions of an inch. A few minutes later a bit of debris rains down over the distant northern mountains, barely visible to the naked eye.

>Thats the welcome wagon dealt with. Now they're gonna try and scramble as many ground troops as they can, to take this place back without having to destroy it.

More time passes; five minutes, then ten. Eventually Steve speaks again.

>The three largest ships have launched skeletal shuttles. They're hot dropping in troops. Number is difficult to tell. Tracking hundreds of signatures; many are probably decoys but there's still a hell of a lot of bogeys incoming.

Both of the nearby laser batteries jerk into motion, their gimbal platforms rotating and their cooling manifolds glowing bright red as they fire in near continuous bursts at unseen targets somewhere in low orbit or piercing through the high atmosphere. The chrome glints of the steve bots ascend and vanish into the dark, vaguely reddish clouds above the base. Then nothing. Silence, save for the audible hum of electric motors turning the gimbals. And then fire rains from the sky.

The still functional shuttles come in first, flaming comets of rocket exhaust with a barely visible black, metallic speck at their tip. They come nearly straight down, pulling hard upwards as they break the clouds. They slow nearly to a stop  as they skim in, barely feet above the ground, but only for an instant, dropping their payload of soldiers before screaming up in an erratic climb and back into the clouds. The wreckage comes next; chucks of severed metal and still firing rocket engines, debris falling or propelled at super sonic speeds. The wreckage pelts the dusty soil like buckshot, raising red plumes around the base, the sword and the bunker system. Luckily, they manage not to hit a goddamn thing.

>The first troops are on the ground.  Concentrated near Teams C, D and B, outside our frontlines, moving inward. Reading indicate infantry and armor, numbers unknown.

The area around the base, the cradles and the bunkers has become a swirling mess of dust and smoke from the impacts of debris, and the men stationed in the bunkers can see little but vague shapes moving beyond them.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: February 24, 2014, 03:16:37 pm »

Stacy of Platypus - Team B Short Range Long Cooldown Murderbot

"And it's a one-two-three, what are we fighting for? Don't ask me, I don't give a damn, the next stop is Vietnam!"

Take cover! Preferably someplace where nobody will suspect me to be from long or medium range.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #54 on: February 24, 2014, 03:17:30 pm »

Flint Westwood - Team G (Reserve)

"You're the boss Steveman." replied Flint as he stared upwards. He instinctively took a step back inside the bunker when the debris started falling before stepping out once more.

This is nothing. You've seen special effects 10 times as good as this. You've survived against Urban Executors and Giant Aliens. You won't be killed by a mere soldier. He thought to reassure himself. Besides, Gilgamesh has seen stuff way worse than this. He was designed for this. For war. He can take it. He sighed. You just have to let go.

"Roger that, Mother Badger." said Flint with a small salute before firing the battlesuit's rockets and flying away.

Again, try to find a nearby vantage point, one that has cover. Lay down if it would help provide more cover. (I'm not seeking cover for protection. I'm looking for concealment so that I don't look like a juicy target.)

If smoke and dust provides sufficient cover, get up and use cameyes and those spy drone things Miyamoto has flying over the battlefield to scan for targets.
If smoke and dust doesn't provide sufficient cover, remain in cover and use one of my hand cameras and those spy drone things Miyamoto has flying over the battlefield to scan for targets.

Inform Steve of any dangerous targets or large concentrations of enemies I see so that he can take them out with artillery.
If big target found (battlesuit, tank, etc.), artillery can't hit it and I'm within range and have line of sight, switch Rainbow Cannon to Red mode, take aim and prepare to snipe/fire.

((Too bad I can't get squadshight...))
« Last Edit: February 25, 2014, 10:43:50 am by Parisbre56 »

Dorsidwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • [INTERSTELLAR]
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: February 24, 2014, 03:18:24 pm »

Keep down, blast message at insane volume over external speakers

"WORKERS UNITE AGAINST THE MENACE"
Quote from: Rodney Ootkins
Everything is going to be alright

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: February 24, 2014, 03:18:51 pm »

Jim, Team G

Jim looks for cover to get into, just in case.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: February 24, 2014, 03:19:54 pm »

Xan Team F

Commands, Morul?

Observe the enemy while taking cover.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2014, 04:41:12 pm by Xantalos »
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: February 24, 2014, 03:20:23 pm »

Dubley -Team D

Type 1337 into the number gun. Glance at the lcd screen. Aim at an advancing silhouette. (Dynamic bonus)
Bro Lars, any orders? I see some enemy meatbags.
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: February 24, 2014, 03:27:11 pm »

Auron, team F.

Take cover in the bunker and try to get a visual on enemy tanks/battlesuits.

Charge brainpower.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2014, 09:21:26 pm by Unholy_Pariah »
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 109