Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 52 53 [54] 55 56 ... 66

Author Topic: Paranormal Mafia - Round 17 - Game Over!  (Read 230073 times)

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
Re: Paranormal Mafia - Round 17 - Day 3 - Replacement found
« Reply #795 on: December 01, 2010, 06:34:40 pm »

All riiiight, I'm kinda up to date with events.

First of all, about Mish (and then me) being Exterminator - Mish's last post was three days before the end of Day 2, so it would make sense for actual exterminator NOT to kill anyone and claim that lack of kill was due to Mish's absence (yes, I know about WIFOM it implies but isn't it better for Exterminator not to kill anyone for one night at the cost of safety from lynching and ability to kill the next one when odds are in his favor). Second, Zathras has pretty much proved himself a townie (if I'm wrong and missed some vital piece of information, please correct me), so anyone trying to frame him isn't likely to be pro-town. That being said, webadict has pointed that his suspicions swing between him and me, so I would say he must be the one who framed Mish if my first guess is correct.

Sorry for pretty weak accusations, but I'll improve them once I learn about the current state of affairs first-hand.

P.S:
So, webadict posted right before me:
And I came up with two possibilities: Guardian protect or Mish unavailable. The third option (not choosing to kill) has no more reason to be explored, mostly because nothing anyone would do would make any sense. Even for WIFOM. And nobody seems crazy enough to try it.
That seems to fit with my guess - he framed Mish and then directly declared that the possibility of him not killing anyone is impossible, thus lifting suspicions from himself.
First off: This doesn't make a lick of sense. You start by saying that only you or I are the Exterminator, which is a sure sign of you being the Exterminator.

Second: You come up with a convoluted plot where I managed to stuff Mish into a closet, have no action, and then frame you for it. Not only do you severely overestimate my trigger-finger, intelligence, and foresight, but you've also assumed me to be on par with some sort of deity.

Third: Zathras proved himself to be a Psychic Warden. There's very little chance of him being anything else. Where did you see town in that? If he was proven Town, we would be massclaiming to him.

@Dariush: Be comforted by the fact that your lynching will be almost entirely Mish's fault. Almost. For now, your defense wittles down to: "It's him or me," to which I will reply: "Since when?" But, that's beside the fact. You, however, just gave away yourself as the Exterminator, and I will explain why when I'm home. Feel free to prepare an adequate defense in that time.
I should have just said 'I am not the exterminator' and that would be better than actually placing evidence in front of me? Also, accusing me immediatly after I voted for you with only explanation being (intentional) misinterpretation of what I said... doesn't seem right.
It wasn't a misrepresentation. Perhaps a miscommunication on your part is what you meant to say?

But, you retaliated against me for being the Exterminator. Are you still saying it's me? Because you're about to jump off hardcore right here:

@Kamina:
So, being logical doesn't work with you. Well then, where did you get the whole idea that I am Exterminator with the exception of coincidental absence of Mish in the night? If you call logic WIFOM, there's no way to prove I'm not exterminator, SS or a dinosaur for that matter. You are just hellbent on lynching me, which confirms my earlier suspicions on you being in team with webadict (similar choice of targets, similar reasoning behind votes, etc.).
Because you thought you were going to have more people jumping on your case to lynch me? Instead you jumped onto someone that would help you not get lynched. And you accuse everyone else for bandwagoning you... Oh you. You're funny!

I'd also like to point out that you were accusing me of being the Exterminator, so you must be accusing Kamina of being an Operative. Also, it's been pointed out that you HAD NO SUSPICIONS LISTED! I'm almost positive that you just made that up on the spot. Wanna know why?

Well, that whole argument I had with Kamina freaking out must've made you suspect a team, right? Him defending Zathras? But, that's headed into WIFOM territory.

Also, you unvoted webadict right after you saw me voting for him. Something tells me that you don't actually want him lynched, you just show off that you voted for him and it was just a coincidence that you happened to be in minority...
... What about Zathras voting for me? Is this just not a two-way street? Are you going to bother with that?

I'm pretty sure you saw me poking you and decided to flip out. Instead of actually suspecting me (And thereby looking at my posts), you skipped nearly to the end and started calling me the Exterminator, using explanations given by Zathras and someone else.

So, you missed a couple of pieces of information that don't add up with the rest of your story.

On DarMish the possible exterminator:

It seems we're working on what is, at best, circumstantial evidence.  There wasn't a kill last night when Mish wasn't around to post.  That's certainly a possibility, but it's not the only possibility.  Potentially, there's a dopp guardian who protected another dopp, and they're both keeping their mouths shut, or it could have been a WIFOM based no-kill (I doubt that.)

That said... Dariush isn't doing a good job of defending himself.  Both his votes are serious OMGUS votes.  He's acting scummy, and his only posted suspicions are against those who have recently voted him, but I'm not sold on him being the exty just yet.

Dariush:  If you're not the exterminator, who is?  Who do you think is a dopp?

As for myself, I'm thinking it's one of the scummy people who are out there, with my current guess being Ottofar.  His explanation of his vote on Kamina is a regurgitation of the arguments of others, even going to quote the reasons of others as to why he's voting.  He's trying to hide in the background, and it's failing.
Dariush admitted that he didn't action, and why would the Dopps bother covering up themselves? They would look MORE townie by admitting something like that. They also would want to get rid of the Exterminator (Who would then suspect them of being Doppelgangers and use this information to try and lynch them).

Wait-wait-wait, WHAT?
First of all, why isn't anybody even considering the possibility of exterminator not killing anyone, thus framing Mish?
Second, my vote on webadict was not based on OMGUS but instead on the facts I gathered - for all I know, Web is either the exterminator, or a dopp who wishes to pull a vote on a new player who probably won't put much of a defense because of not being familiar with the game.
Third, as I said, I suspect a team of Web-Karmina (the reasons being similar choice of targets, similar reasoning behind votes and the second immediatly changing his vote to re-balance the scales of voting). Name one reason for two people not familiar with each other have such similarities.
Because no one would think to do something like that. It's the weakest defense in the book. But, you might as well stick with your crappy explanation now.

If I understand the situation correctly, Zathras has proven himself to be a psychic warden, but not necessarily town.
Well, maybe he is dopp. Regardless, I voted for Web because of it, saw Karmina changing his vote to me because of it and went for him.
You're voting Web mostly because his theory contradicts your theory. Except his theory tries to avoid WIFOM, where your theory jumps right in with it. I think I like the theory with less WIFOM, myself.
Ahem. WIFOM is 'Wine In Front Of Me' and refers to the infinite possibility of "maybe he thought that I'd think that he thought that I'd think...", right?
His theory just straight-out accuses me/Mish of being exterminator for sole reason that he was unavailible for one night AND that there was no killing that night. Yes, possibility of actual exterminator not killing that night is WIFOMy, but it can't be just straight-out ignored. So basically his argument boils down to "my opponent is exterminator and he can't argue with it because he would be suspected of WIFOM". That's just... I don't know. I simply can't describe it. It's just unfair.

Wait-wait-wait, WHAT?
First of all, why isn't anybody even considering the possibility of exterminator not killing anyone, thus framing Mish?
Second, my vote on webadict was not based on OMGUS but instead on the facts I gathered - for all I know, Web is either the exterminator, or a dopp who wishes to pull a vote on a new player who probably won't put much of a defense because of not being familiar with the game.
Third, as I said, I suspect a team of Web-Karmina (the reasons being similar choice of targets, similar reasoning behind votes and the second immediatly changing his vote to re-balance the scales of voting). Name one reason for two people not familiar with each other have such similarities.

1. Probably because everybody in this game would like to see the Exterminator dead. The Exterminator is sought by town and dopp alike, so waiting around and not killing anyone is a pretty bad idea.
2. Your vote on Webadict was indeed not OMGUS. Your vote on Kamina was very OMGUS.
3. Because if you show two different people a blue duck, they're going to say it's a blue duck.
1. Is it better to just lynch a random townie just because of a random coincidence, who may additionally have some useful role than not kill anyone?
2. It wasn't. I voted for Web -> Karmina voted for me -> I guessed that Karmina was covering Web and that they are on the same team, which can only be dopps -> I voted for Karmina. Not that I'm bandwagoning, but I can only quote Ottofar and MBP on the subject that Karmina is thoroughly behind Web, which can only be either because a) Karmina is pro-town and somehow knows that Web is also pro-town (which is insanely impossible occurence in itself), that Ottofar and MBP are scum and I've voted for the wrong people or b) Karmina and Web are both scum (which seems to be right)
3. If you show two people a blue duck, they won't identically describe the chemical composition of paint on it and the properties of rubber from which it's made.

tl;dr:
1) What are accusations against me except Mish not being availible last night?
2) Why is everyone except Ottofar and MBP ignoring the reasons/consequences for the bond between Karmina and Web?
1. You OMGUS'd people who were accusing you. You gave a rather half-hearted defense of yourself. You claim to BE A TOWNIE (LAST I CHECKED, ALIEN ISN'T TOWN! BUT THAT'S OKAY!)
2. Yeah. How can I forget my ol' pal Kamina? Because that conveniently popped up as both of us were suspicious of you! I bet... just maybe... you'll suspect a three-man team should anyone else suspect you.

Other suspicions? I already gave two, with perfectly valid explanations about why I picked them. Do you expect me to start sputtering accusations like a witch under torture? And even if I will accuse someone else, it's going to be someone of those who posted something game-related since I replaced Mish, and the only ones who did voted for me, thus if I vote for them, I'll get another cry of OMGUS accusations. Thanks, I'll roll with Web and Karmina.
Oddly enough, you leave Jim alone. I've been feeling he was Town, but now I'm slightly suspicious. You seem to go extra easy on him, despite him having just as much reasoning as anyone else voting you.

Great, now I'm getting bandwagon'd without any reason whatsoever. Well, time to get desperate.

What if I say I'm an Agent Operative with an Assasin Bot and Stun Orb with me?
I'd say you're lying. I assume you'd also like to name Mr.Person as your Agent? So, basically, you used your inspection device on Janus... and didn't bother talking to your Agent? I mean, I can't argue about that part, as that was Mish, but I don't think that would happen.

At N1 Mish discovered the role of JTF, who's pro-town. At N2 he indeed did nothing.
Your astounding lack of knowledge on how the item works is... astounding. I mean, you're CLAIMING. You'd think you would make sure that you were getting it 100% right. As if your LIFE DEPENDS ON IT! This is also how I know you're lying.

It is really unfortunate that Agent Operative is a perfect claim for Exterminator Operative.

You and Ottofar are both wrong, and I'll tell you why.

These tech choices were made by Solifuge. Scanner is an obvious choice to verify that the Agent is town, and Assassin Bot combined with the Agent's inspect is a perfect combination. Stun Orb for the hell of it.

The tech choices are not the ones an Exterminator Operative would make.

Both of yours insistence to not believe the claim pretty much confirms to me that both of you are scum.
You're awfully defensive with this guy. He gives a rather crappy explanation for what he has and you're okay with it. (The Scanner thing didn't even bat an eye with you.) You think that Solifuge, being an Agent Operative wouldn't pick... Oh, I don't know...

Scanner: Works once as a combination of the Agent and Detective, showing both Race and Role as well as any gadgets or tech possessed by the player. The scanner bypasses all role effects on investigation (such as the Kook or Dopp Leader). The scanner does not use up the Alien's action, nor does it trigger any responses by the target (such as PWV or Reporter watching a location). Can be taken as a two-use item for a Medium tech slot.

That? What does the Assassin Bot do for him?

Even more so, how did you know Solifuge had time to pick the Tech? He said he didn't have any time to play on the first Day, right? So, does that mean you KNOW he picked his Tech? It would make sense as you seem to know your Alien Tech, and what would be a good choice for an Agent Operative.

You'd also make a good fakeclaim for him, wouldn't you? Perhaps there was a little more to this then I was thinking, Jimmy boy?

I love how you even go so far as to CHAINSAW DEFEND Dariush. Seriously? Are you trying to protect him by jumping in front of the bus? Because you seem to be taking all of this at face value. First, you're voting for Dariush, and suddenly one terrible explanation is enough for you?!?

First off, unovte.
I believe Dariush's claim.  This style doesn't seem too out of the ordinary for him.  Look at the salad game.  He acted all reactionary and scummy, but flipped doc.  I think the consistency of his claim combined with this meta is enough to unovte him.
That said, this means my vote needs a new home.  And since it's now a tie between Ottofar and I, and I'm obviously not going to vote myself, I'm going to vote...
Warning - while you were typing a new reply has been posted. You may wish to review your post.

Dariush is lying. He's the Exterminator.
Wait, do you know something we don't?  I'd like to know how you came to this conclusion.  My vote will wait until you've explained this.
He is definitely scum, and more than likely the Exterminator. He claimed he was Town in spite of knowing that claiming as an Agent Operative would DEFINITELY be pro-Town. Instead, he's freaking out fast.

He is definitely the Exterminator.

He is lying horribly about his role. He would've stated: the name of the Agent he was the Operative of, the exact role of JanusTwoface, and his general behavior. He OMGUS two people in a row, and has done an excellent job defending his reasoning, which is to say that he didn't. He's made no effort to recognize these, and I'm sure he'll kill me off tonight.

So, seriously, lynch him.

Zathras

• Bay Watcher
  • Boogie thinks you being confoosed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #796 on: December 01, 2010, 06:58:38 pm »

It seems we're working on what is, at best, circumstantial evidence.  There wasn't a kill last night when Mish wasn't around to post.  That's certainly a possibility, but it's not the only possibility.  Potentially, there's a dopp guardian who protected another dopp, and they're both keeping their mouths shut, or it could have been a WIFOM based no-kill (I doubt that.)

That said... Dariush isn't doing a good job of defending himself.  Both his votes are serious OMGUS votes.  He's acting scummy, and his only posted suspicions are against those who have recently voted him, but I'm not sold on him being the exty just yet.

As for myself, I'm thinking it's one of the scummy people who are out there, with my current guess being Ottofar.  His explanation of his vote on Kamina is a regurgitation of the arguments of others, even going to quote the reasons of others as to why he's voting.  He's trying to hide in the background, and it's failing.
Dariush admitted that he didn't action, and why would the Dopps bother covering up themselves? They would look MORE townie by admitting something like that. They also would want to get rid of the Exterminator (Who would then suspect them of being Doppelgangers and use this information to try and lynch them).

I don't follow this at all. Care to elaborate or rephrase?

Oddly enough, you leave Jim alone. I've been feeling he was Town, but now I'm slightly suspicious. You seem to go extra easy on him, despite him having just as much reasoning as anyone else voting you. [...]
It is really unfortunate that Agent Operative is a perfect claim for Exterminator Operative.
These tech choices were made by Solifuge. Scanner is an obvious choice to verify that the Agent is town, and Assassin Bot combined with the Agent's inspect is a perfect combination. Stun Orb for the hell of it.
Both of yours insistence to not believe the claim pretty much confirms to me that both of you are scum.
You're awfully defensive with this guy. He gives a rather crappy explanation for what he has and you're okay with it. (The Scanner thing didn't even bat an eye with you.) You think that Solifuge, being an Agent Operative wouldn't pick... Oh, I don't know...
Scanner: Works once as a combination of the Agent and Detective, showing both Race and Role as well as any gadgets or tech possessed by the player. The scanner bypasses all role effects on investigation (such as the Kook or Dopp Leader). The scanner does not use up the Alien's action, nor does it trigger any responses by the target (such as PWV or Reporter watching a location). Can be taken as a two-use item for a Medium tech slot.

Even more so, how did you know Solifuge had time to pick the Tech? He said he didn't have any time to play on the first Day, right? So, does that mean you KNOW he picked his Tech? It would make sense as you seem to know your Alien Tech, and what would be a good choice for an Agent Operative.

You'd also make a good fakeclaim for him, wouldn't you? Perhaps there was a little more to this then I was thinking, Jimmy boy?

I love how you even go so far as to CHAINSAW DEFEND Dariush. Seriously? Are you trying to protect him by jumping in front of the bus? Because you seem to be taking all of this at face value. First, you're voting for Dariush, and suddenly one terrible explanation is enough for you?!?

It's an interesting point, but not too strong. The assassin bot does make sense for an agent-op: if the agent finds scum, the op kills them with the bot. Also, that's a rather weak chainsaw defence there. He's defending him, sure, but not really going after the others to do so; he calls them scum, sure, but he had done that before. I don't see him quite jumping in front of the bus. Still, it is true that they are using kid gloves on each other, and I'd like to see their explanation why, and the opinion of others.

Other than that, there is not much new in your post. You sort of implied additional knowledge earlier, but if you have it, you are not sharing it (which would make you scummy). Still, I see no choice but to fall back on my earlier position. Dariush's claim is quite persuasive, but I still find it more likely that his lack of action N2 is the reason for the missing Exterminator kill, which makes him the Exterminator we were looking for.

Vote Dariush.

However, to be fair:

Not only do you severely overestimate my trigger-finger, intelligence, and foresight, but you've also assumed me to be on par with some sort of deity.

Come on, aren't we all guilty of that?

;-)
My soul has been freed by the King of the Mafia.

JanusTwoface

• Bay Watcher
  • murbleblarg
    • View Profile
    • jverkamp.com
« Reply #797 on: December 01, 2010, 07:00:22 pm »

I think he'd be more likely to get the details if he was making a fake claim. The way it is, he's the replacement of a replacement. So he probably only got the names of the techs that Solifuge originally choose, not the details.

Basically I think that he's responding to a bad looking position and immmediately being attacked rather than because he's scum.

PFP
You may think I'm crazy / And I think you may be right
But life is ever so much more fun / If you are the crazy one

My blog: Photography, Programming, Writing
Novels: A Sea of Stars, Confession

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #798 on: December 01, 2010, 07:08:37 pm »

The Assassin Bot lets the Agent and the Operative kill any scum they find without needing to claim or otherwise incriminate themselves through strange and sudden vote swaps.

But... why would an Exterminator take a Scanner, instead of, oh, I dunno, Intel? He has to get a Replicator first, in order to get the Scanner in the first place. The tech choices don't make all that much sense in the context of an Exterminator, but seem purposeful in the context of an Agent Operative.

And I'm only assuming that Solifuge made the tech choices. I've done that a lot this game, in case you haven't noticed. I assume that he wanted to play the game and made the tech choices only later to realize he would not be able to devote time to this game. This is not a terrible assumption to make.

And yeah, Ottofar and Argembarger are scum, and I've said as much earlier as Zathras just pointed out. Either way, an Exterminator or an Agent Operative is a threat to them so they lose nothing by choosing not to believe the claim and sitting back, hoping that he gets lynched.

...although that would make a lot more sense if both of them were voting Dariush, which I thought they were at the time. My mistake.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Zathras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #799 on: December 01, 2010, 07:11:31 pm »

And now, a message from our sponsors:
Are you a cool cat? Are you the role model for your family, the pride of your friends, and the envy of your enemies?
Not without the LurkerTracker, you aren't! Ask your doctor if LurkerTracker is right for you today!

LurkerTracker®
Warning: side effects may include: bearded thalamus, braintooth, flu-namis, honey-nut areolas, and fallopian tapeworm.

Argembarger has 30 posts; the last 2 hours ago. Red text: Dariush. Posts: [1][2][3][4][5][6][7][8][9][10][11][12][13][14][15][16][17][18][19][20][21][22][23][24][25][26][27][28][29][30]
Dariush has 30 posts; the last 3 hours ago. Red text: Kamina:. Posts: [1][2][3][4][5][6][7][8][9][10][11][12][13][14][15][16][17][18][19][20][21][22][23][24][25][26][27][28][29][30]
JanusTwoface has 52 posts; the last 0 hours ago. Red text: Ottofar. Posts: [1][2][3][4][5][6][7][8][9][10][11][12][13][14][15][16][17][18][19][20][21][22][23][24][25][26][27][28][29][30][31][32][33][34][35][36][37][38][39][40][41][42][43][44][45][46][47][48][49][50][51][52]
Jim Groovester has 116 posts; the last 0 hours ago. Red text: Ottofar. Posts: [1][2][3][4][5][6][7][8][9][10][11][12][13][14][15][16][17][18][19][20][21][22][23][24][25][26][27][28][29][30][31][32][33][34][35][36][37][38][39][40][41][42][43][44][45][46][47][48][49][50][51][52][53][54][55][56][57][58][59][60][61][62][63][64][65][66][67][68][69][70][71][72][73][74][75][76][77][78][79][80][81][82][83][84][85][86][87][88][89][90][91][92][93][94][95][96][97][98][99][100][101][102][103][104][105][106][107][108][109][110][111][112][113][114][115][116]
KaminaSquirtle has 87 posts; the last 0 hours ago. Red text: Ottofar. Posts: [1][2][3][4][5][6][7][8][9][10][11][12][13][14][15][16][17][18][19][20][21][22][23][24][25][26][27][28][29][30][31][32][33][34][35][36][37][38][39][40][41][42][43][44][45][46][47][48][49][50][51][52][53][54][55][56][57][58][59][60][61][62][63][64][65][66][67][68][69][70][71][72][73][74][75][76][77][78][79][80][81][82][83][84][85][86][87]
Leafsnail has 46 posts; the last 0 hours ago. Red text: unvote. Posts: [1][2][3][4][5][6][7][8][9][10][11][12][13][14][15][16][17][18][19][20][21][22][23][24][25][26][27][28][29][30][31][32][33][34][35][36][37][38][39][40][41][42][43][44][45][46]
Mysteriousbluepuppet has 32 posts; the last 0 hours ago. Red text: kamina. Posts: [1][2][3][4][5][6][7][8][9][10][11][12][13][14][15][16][17][18][19][20][21][22][23][24][25][26][27][28][29][30][31][32]

LurkerTracker continued on the next post.

Zathras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #800 on: December 01, 2010, 07:12:10 pm »

LurkerTracker, Continued

Ottofar has 21 posts; the last 1 hours ago. Red text: Kamina,. Posts: [1][2][3][4][5][6][7][8][9][10][11][12][13][14][15][16][17][18][19][20][21]
Toaster has 42 posts; the last 1 hours ago. Red text: Ottofar. Posts: [1][2][3][4][5][6][7][8][9][10][11][12][13][14][15][16][17][18][19][20][21][22][23][24][25][26][27][28][29][30][31][32][33][34][35][36][37][38][39][40][41][42]
Zathras has 58 posts; the last 0 hours ago. Red text: Vote Dariush.. Posts: [1][2][3][4][5][6][7][8][9][10][11][12][13][14][15][16][17][18][19][20][21][22][23][24][25][26][27][28][29][30][31][32][33][34][35][36][37][38][39][40][41][42][43][44][45][46][47][48][49][50][51][52][53][54][55][56][57][58]
webadict has 37 posts; the last 0 hours ago. Red text: Mish. Posts: [1][2][3][4][5][6][7][8][9][10][11][12][13][14][15][16][17][18][19][20][21][22][23][24][25][26][27][28][29][30][31][32][33][34][35][36][37]

Criptfeind: dead, town medium has 28 posts; the last 335 hours ago. Posts: [1][2][3][4][5][6][7][8][9][10][11][12][13][14][15][16][17][18][19][20][21][22][23][24][25][26][27][28]
Mr.Person: dead, town agent has 19 posts; the last 215 hours ago. Posts: [1][2][3][4][5][6][7][8][9][10][11][12][13][14][15][16][17][18][19]
Org: dead, town medium has 18 posts; the last 453 hours ago. Posts: [1][2][3][4][5][6][7][8][9][10][11][12][13][14][15][16][17][18]
Pandarsenic: dead, tough doppelganger has 29 posts; the last 215 hours ago. Posts: [1][2][3][4][5][6][7][8][9][10][11][12][13][14][15][16][17][18][19][20][21][22][23][24][25][26][27][28][29]
SHAD0Wdump: dead, town telepath has 48 posts; the last 335 hours ago. Posts: [1][2][3][4][5][6][7][8][9][10][11][12][13][14][15][16][17][18][19][20][21][22][23][24][25][26][27][28][29][30][31][32][33][34][35][36][37][38][39][40][41][42][43][44][45][46][47][48]

Moderator has 51 posts; the last 0 hours ago. Posts: [1][2][3][4][5][6][7][8][9][10][11][12][13][14][15][16][17][18][19][20][21][22][23][24][25][26][27][28][29][30][31][32][33][34][35][36][37][38][39][40][41][42][43][44][45][46][47][48][49][50][51]
Nonplayer has 2 posts; the last 498 hours ago. Posts: [1][2]

Replacements considered: Eduren => Argembarger; Mish => Dariush; Solifuge => Dariush.
The Morgue: Criptfeind: dead, town medium; Org: dead, town medium; Mr.Person: dead, town agent; Pandarsenic: dead, tough doppelganger; SHAD0Wdump: dead, town telepath.

Notes:
1) The report now sorts alive players first, then dead, then nonplayers/mods.
2) The RedTextFinder is still experimental, but better than before; still, please let me know if your vote is incorrectly reflected.
3) I'm glad to say the AutoProd detected no lurkers! Great, you guys!
4) Yeah, I said I wouldn't, but then I did. Such is life.

JanusTwoface

• Bay Watcher
  • murbleblarg
    • View Profile
    • jverkamp.com
« Reply #801 on: December 01, 2010, 07:31:29 pm »

A little worried about an Enchanter forcing a No Lynch.

PFP

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #802 on: December 01, 2010, 08:09:30 pm »

But... why would an Exterminator take a Scanner, instead of, oh, I dunno, Intel? He has to get a Replicator first, in order to get the Scanner in the first place. The tech choices don't make all that much sense in the context of an Exterminator, but seem purposeful in the context of an Agent Operative.
You're right! Man, it's almost as if he's lying about it!

I don't follow this at all. Care to elaborate or rephrase?
... It made more sense in my head. I think I meant that the Dopps shouldn't lie about a protection so that they'll look more townlike. But, that's just my thinking on how to be scum.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #803 on: December 01, 2010, 08:54:23 pm »

The Whiteboard
KaminaSquirtle: Mysteriousbluepuppet, Ottofar, Dariush
Ottofar: JanusTwoface, Jim Groovester, KaminaSquirtle, Toaster
Dariush: Argembarger, Zathras, webadict

KaminaSquirtle looks at the whiteboard and picks up the shotgun.

"Well, Otto, time for you to die."

"Uh, but...wait. Can't we talk about this more?" stutters Ottofar, fear on his face.

"No. It's damn late, we're all exhausted, and someone has to die. And the board there says that gets to be you." He levels the shotgun at Ottofar's chest.

"No, wait!" Otto puts up his hands, but the guesture is in vain. The blast of the shotgun sends him staggering backwards, dark blood staining his shirt.

"Damn you..." he mutters, before collapsing on the ground.

You watch in anticipation, and soon his features begin to melt. Soon the smooth skin and long talons of a doppelganger lie before you.

Tired, but wanting to finish things up before going to your homes, you check his house. There you find a policeman's uniform stained in blood. Your guess is that he was acting as a Guardian of some sort to protect the other doppelgangers.

Things are looking up, but the danger is still present. You stagger off to your houses. Late as it is, some of you are not yet ready for sleep.

Night has fallen. Send in your actions!
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
Re: Paranormal Mafia - Round 17 - Night 3
« Reply #804 on: December 03, 2010, 03:34:29 pm »

A cold wind blows across the town today, rattling shutters and nerves.

You gather again at the courthouse. You eagerly clutch at hot mugs of coffee or tea as you wait for everyone to arrive

Eventually, though, it becomes obvious that Mysteriousbluepuppet and Webadict will not be joining you.

Resigned to more scenes of horror you trudge off to see what happened to them.

At Mysterous’ house you find the side near his bedroom window blackened. The window itself is melted, a fist-sized hole letting light in through the charred glass. Heat still radiates from the glass and the smell of charred flesh fills the air. The victim lies on the ground near the bed. His entire torso has been burned, and you can clearly see bone poking through. Obviously human, at least. He groans slightly, and you see a finger twitch. With a rush you break the rest of the window move inside.

“I....tried...to...protect.” He mumbles as you try to figure out how to save him. “Just wanted...wanted to...be...a hero.” Blood flecks fly out as he coughs. All you can do is reassure him that he was a hero.

He dies a few moments later.

Dully you head off to Webadict’s house. The scene here is undisturbed. No broken windows, the door securely locked. Eventually you force your way in and start searching the house. At a frightened yell you all rush to the office.

Webadict is found slumped in a desk chair. Well, you think it was webadict, at least. The doppelganger in the chair is wearing his clothing, at least. Any worries of it attacking you are banished with a quick glance at his head, though. A hole has been burned clear through, even leaving a char mark on the wall behind.

Examining the desk you find notes detailing previous victims. It seems he was the Leader of the doppelgangers. Unfortunately, there are no recent notes and nothing that gives you any clue as to who the remaining monster is.

Feeling both elated and depressed you head back to the courthouse. The nightmare isn’t over yet. Not by a long shot.

Day 4 has begun. It will go until ~5pm Pacific Tuesday
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Paranormal Mafia - Round 17 - Day 4 is shadow and light
« Reply #805 on: December 03, 2010, 03:39:44 pm »

"...Oh, living on a prayer."

Hope you guys do well.

JanusTwoface

• Bay Watcher
  • murbleblarg
    • View Profile
    • jverkamp.com
« Reply #806 on: December 03, 2010, 03:54:03 pm »

Living Players:
Zathras
JanusTwoface - Claimed Mad Scientist Day 2, backed by Dariush
Toaster
Jim Groovester
Argembarger
KaminaSquirtle
Leafsnail - Claimed Alien Survivor via PM
Dariush - Claimed Agent Operative Day 1

Other information:
- There is 1 Dopp left
- There is an Alien Exterminator about
- Dariush PMed me saying that he would Assassinbot Mysteriousbluepuppet, which is apperantly what happened.

Important question:
- Can anyone account for the lack of a Dopp kill?

If the two Alien claims are correct, that means we have 1 Dopp, 3 Aliens (2 town-aligned), and 4 Townies.  (Not saying that one/both aren't lying, surely possible.)

I think it's time to Mass Claim, but I'm not sure if it would be better to do so via PM or publically.  I've already claimed everything I've done, so it doesn't matter much to me.

Everyone: thoughts on Mass Claim (both if and how)?

Right now, I think that the most likely Dopps are KaminaSquirtle and Argembarger, in that order.

I think that the Exterminator is either Jim Groovester or Leafsnail fake claiming.  Need an answer to the Important Question above first though.

Argembarger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Not quite yet
« Reply #807 on: December 03, 2010, 04:09:24 pm »

How about a popcorn style mass claim? You or Dariush or Leaf should start it because you've already claimed. I think it should definitely happen, though.

At work now, I'll share my thoughts in a few hours.
Quote from: penguinofhonor
Quote from: miauw62
This guy needs to write a biography about Columbus. I would totally buy it.
I can see it now.

trying to make a different's: the life of Columbus

JanusTwoface

• Bay Watcher
  • murbleblarg
    • View Profile
    • jverkamp.com
« Reply #808 on: December 03, 2010, 04:14:23 pm »

How about a popcorn style mass claim? You or Dariush or Leaf should start it because you've already claimed. I think it should definitely happen, though.
The second sentence doesn't really make much sense.  All three have already claimed our roles and all actions.  So we don't start the claim, we don't have anything more to claim. If/when there's a Mass Claim, those are the only three that *can't* start it.

(Unless one of them was lying and are going to claim it now. But that would be a good way to get lynched, so I doubt it's going to happen even if they were.)

Zathras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #809 on: December 03, 2010, 04:15:17 pm »

Important question:
- Can anyone account for the lack of a Dopp kill?

I'm no expert on the flavour, but it does seem that MBP was hit by a bot and Wuba by an exterminator, yes? If not, please do say so.

If there was indeed no dopp kill, then I can confidently account for it: I blocked Argembarger last night. Arg, care to say anything about that?

If I'm right, then I've hit scum twice with my blocks, and Wuba was scum as I had been saying all along! Who's your daddy? * dances victory dance *
Pages: 1 ... 52 53 [54] 55 56 ... 66